"Cheapest" venue for pre-ordering TB:RB & the remasters?

RoofTopRookieRoofTopRookie Opening Act
edited August 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Amazon.com?
BestBuy.com?

Anyone have any nice tips? :)

Comments

• Dr._Frasier_CraneDr._Frasier_Crane Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Definitely not Best Buy. Amazon is a good route since there's no tax (for most people).

For the remasters, check sites like wherehouse.com, spun.com, barnesandnoble.com (just to name a few) and see if they are running any current deals/coupons. If you're a barnes and noble member, the discount brings the box sets to under amazon's prices. You can also check sites like slickdeals.net or cheapassgamer.com for any coupon codes for these sites (and others). I managed to order the stereo box set for around $160 shipped last week from spun.com when they had a 25% off coupon for any order over $150, but that's expired now I think.

For the game bundle, I was lucky enough to take advantage of amazon's offer last month where if you traded in $50 worth of games, you got a coupon for 50% off any game item, so I preordered the bundle for ~$75 shipped after the coupon and my trade-in credit. They're running another special now, but it's not nearly as good.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84845231_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000403631&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-3&pf_rd_r=1Z2EY5DC6MQQW1BH9HVT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=484192231&pf_rd_i=979418011
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I usually go with Amazon...
    Dr._Frasier_Crane;2832435 said:
    For the game bundle, I was lucky enough to take advantage of amazon's offer last month where if you traded in $50 worth of games, you got a coupon for 50% off any game item, so I preordered the bundle for ~$75 shipped after the coupon and my trade-in credit.
    That is absolutely ridiculous :eek: I can't believe that! I should have done this....
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited August 2009
    Amazon. You almost always get a better or equal deal on stuff like that. I just got Rock Band 2 with all instruments and no shipping fee for $100.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    i think im getting the bundle + Gretch + 2-day shipping(trail of Amazon Prime) all for $335 only other place i would check would be buy.com they normally have good prices on most stuff
  • Buddy_guyBuddy_guy Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Don't have any info on the albums, but I saw a deal for the bundle on dell.com for $212 with free shipping. The link is on my computer at home, so I might update this with more info when I head that way.
    (I missed a shot a while back to pick it up for $200 on bestbuy.com when they had an offer to buy game >$39 and then get 20% off of an accessory, which for some reason included the Beatles bundle!! It still burns a tad, but this is the best I've seen since that. This ends Aug. 10, by the way!)
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Dell was the best place I've seen the bundle so far; $212. Don't know if it's still active though.

And the box sets are $199 and $239 on amazon respectively right now. The mono set was down to $229 last week, and I imagine it'll go down again around that price or a little lower closer to 9/9.
  • Buddy_guyBuddy_guy Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    mva5580;2837014 said:
    Dell was the best place I've seen the bundle so far; $212. Don't know if it's still active though.
    According to my sources (http://dealnews.com/The-Beatles-Rock-Band-Premium-Bundle-for-PS3-preorders-for-212-free-shipping-more/311780.html), it is still active and will be through August 10th. This is the "update" I promised two posts above, so don't say I never gave ya anything. (I haven't investigated what sort of shipping goes along with this order, though, so I'd appreciate an update on that if anyone bites on the offer.)

**Forgot to add, this offer seems to be only for the PS3 version of the bundle, which fortunately is the one I'm interested in. Sorry if I got others' hopes up for naught.