What will we need to pay to create?

TFedTFed Unsigned
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I know we need to pay the $99/year for the XNA subscription, but is there anything else that you need to pay for? We plan on charting our songs ourselves. I'm just trying to get an idea so I know how much money my band has to shell out, thanks in advance.

Comments

• DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    TFed;2838891 said:
    I know we need to pay the $99/year for the XNA subscription, but is there anything else that you need to pay for? We plan on charting our songs ourselves. I'm just trying to get an idea so I know how much money my band has to shell out, thanks in advance.
    you have to buy reaper which is $60
  • TFedTFed Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    DanB91;2838899 said:
    you have to buy reaper which is $60
    Well, see now I was confused about that too. I was reading on that site, and 60 dollars is the "discounted price", and in order to qualify for it, you can't make over $20,000 dollars in a year. I know it might be a slim chance that I would make more than that in a year off of this, but in a ll honesty, Rock Band Network is going to be extremely unpredictable. Also, Harmonix has never mentioned anything about having to pay for anything else, they specifically mentioned the subscription to XNA and that's it.
  • DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    TFed;2838908 said:
    Well, see now I was confused about that too. I was reading on that site, and 60 dollars is the "discounted price", and in order to qualify for it, you can't make over $20,000 dollars in a year. I know it might be a slim chance that I would make more than that in a year off of this, but in a ll honesty, Rock Band Network is going to be extremely unpredictable. Also, Harmonix has never mentioned anything about having to pay for anything else, they specifically mentioned the subscription to XNA and that's it.
    You buy the discounted price. Cockos isnt gonna check anyone's income.

As for the thing about HMX, they said u need reaper, implying that you have to pay for it.
  • LyokoFreaksLyokoFreaks Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Well, you don't need REAPER. All you need to be able to do is put notes in a MIDI file to create your charts and animations. Something like TurkeyMan's feedBack or Anvil Studio would work. That said, there are distinct advantages to working with REAPER and, if you want to make top of the line charts, I would highly recommend using it. Even without the Harmonix plugins, it is still a very powerful program and does the job efficiently. In my short time working with it, I solidly recommend it as THE tool to use for charting songs. The $60 would be recouped after a short time and it is an amazing program. Of course, for the sake of shameless advertising, I would also recommend signing with Rhythm Authors. It wouldn't cost you anything for them to chart your songs and you get half of the profits. :D
  • ShiningIdealShiningIdeal Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    As far as the $60 price, you can always do it at that - then if you do make more than that from the sales in a year - it won't be much to go ahead and pay for the non-discounted price. No, they won't check your income but yay ethics.