One of my songs accepted by Rhythm Authors!

Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
i posted something like this in general a while back, but i just want to get my music out there as much as possible before its released onto RBN.

Bright Midnight - The Stranger
- genre - alternative
- source - http://twitter.com/RhythmAuthors
- myspace - http://www.soundclick.com/brightmidnight

just to clarify. i hope you will give it a listen, and hopefully youll enjoy it. love to hear your feedback :)

Also, im trying to get two other songs on the game, "For The Strange" and "Killers of the Worst Type". Check them out, and tell me if you think they'd be good for the game!

p.s. if the website doesnt work for you, try www.myspace.com/britemidnight

Comments

• Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2840399 said:
    Cool, the song sounds really tinny though. What did you use to record it?
    Really? What version did you listen to?
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Lizard_King;2840490 said:
    Really? What version did you listen to?
    Both the sound click and myspace version. The Soundclick version sounded really really bad, and the better sounding myspace version sounded poor. I think you may need to either rerecord or remix the song.
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2840399 said:
    Cool, the song sounds really tinny though. What did you use to record it?
    AKALink;2840523 said:
    Both the sound click and myspace version. The Soundclick version sounded really really bad, and the better sounding myspace version sounded poor. I think you may need to either rerecord or remix the song.
    Interesting, it must be the file, the version on my iPod sounds fine. Although the drums may sound a llittle thin, it should be fine...
    edited August 2009
    My major suggestion is to get rid or the complete vocal and guitar stereo thing. Put the sound closer together because there is a little white noise in the vocal track, when the singer sings the white noise is heard, when the singer stops singing it is gone. putting the tracks closer together may fix this.
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2840698 said:
    My major suggestion is to get rid or the complete vocal and guitar stereo thing. Put the sound closer together because there is a little white noise in the vocal track, when the singer sings the white noise is heard, when the singer stops singing it is gone. putting the tracks closer together may fix this.
    interesting. i just listened to the soundclick version, sounded fine to me. i really dont know what the problem is. if you want to, try downloading it, and see if you have the same problem, or try the hi-fi version on the music page (link on left side). i look into the white noise issue..
    edited August 2009
    I can hear it better now that I have downloaded it. Wow, sounds a lot better. The only problem is the echo of the vocals, it is just to different from the rest of the instruments. Take out some of the echo and it will sound fine.

Why don't you check out what I'm going to chart for RBN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-hPx10Ius
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2840761 said:
    I can hear it better now that I have downloaded it. Wow, sounds a lot better. The only problem is the echo of the vocals, it is just to different from the rest of the instruments. Take out some of the echo and it will sound fine.

Why don't you check out what I'm going to chart for RBN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-hPx10Ius
    ok good, just making sure. im attempting to give it a listen now, my youtube is acting up though right now.

interesting to say the least. the jethro tull flute thing was cool, but the quality of the sound on it is less than stellar, dont know if it was intentional or not, as the rest of the song sounds pretty good in terms of quality. its pretty cool though. the voice is pretty good, although for the game your gonna have to crank it up a couple decibels to bring it out of the mix and into the clear.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    well hello both of you lol

listened to both songs, and i liked your song lizard_king, singing seems a little bit in the same style of the doors, and there was a nice solo near the end.

akalink, love the acoustic guitar and the lyrics, but like lizard said the sound quality seems low a little bit, but im not one to judge lol
    edited August 2009
    solidsnakejt;2841308 said:
    well hello both of you lol

listened to both songs, and i liked your song lizard_king, singing seems a little bit in the same style of the doors, and there was a nice solo near the end.

akalink, love the acoustic guitar and the lyrics, but like lizard said the sound quality seems low a little bit, but im not one to judge lol
    Yeah, the that was the first time I ever recorded clarinet, I had the mic to close the the instrument and the preamp up to high so the quality suffered. I need to rerecorded the clarinet which will bring up the other instruments.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2842171 said:
    Yeah, the that was the first time I ever recorded clarinet, I had the mic to close the the instrument and the preamp up to high so the quality suffered. I need to rerecorded the clarinet which will bring up the other instruments.
    i see, well at least you know what you need to do to make it sound better :)
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited August 2009
    Lizard King, I submitted a song as well (my friend's band) how long before they responded to your email?
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I was out of town for a few days, so I'm still catching up. I should be responding to you by the end of today :)
  • JMaqIsYourHeroJMaqIsYourHero Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    God, this whole idea of whoring out your music to try to get cheap attention is just pathetic. I mean, you don't see me trumpeting that I'm planning to bring a small album from my band NECKPICKLE!! into the game. Just terrible people, all of you.

It's clear that I'm kidding, right?

Man, I can't wait for the explosion of unknown artists to happen. Being exposed to new music has always been one of my favorite aspects of Rock Band. RBN has the potential to be absolutely legendary.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited August 2009
    My friends band was accepted by them as well!
    edited August 2009
    JMaqIsYourHero;2844071 said:
    God, this whole idea of whoring out your music to try to get cheap attention is just pathetic. I mean, you don't see me trumpeting that I'm planning to bring a small album from my band NECKPICKLE!! into the game. Just terrible people, all of you.

It's clear that I'm kidding, right?

Man, I can't wait for the explosion of unknown artists to happen. Being exposed to new music has always been one of my favorite aspects of Rock Band. RBN has the potential to be absolutely legendary.
    man i just hope more people are like you, and will buy our music :)
    edited August 2009
    packerfan8675309;2844393 said:
    My friends band was accepted by them as well!
    Congrats! the first step to stardom!
  • YellowcakeYellowcake Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    thats a pretty cool little jam, i won't lie. definitely see the Stones influence. my only thing is your vocals could use some better mixing/mastering. they sound kinda...live-from-the-garage-ish. but like i said, i dig the hell out of this song.
    edited August 2009
    Yellowcake;2845860 said:
    thats a pretty cool little jam, i won't lie. definitely see the Stones influence. my only thing is your vocals could use some better mixing/mastering. they sound kinda...live-from-the-garage-ish. but like i said, i dig the hell out of this song.
    My suggestion, is the vocals fit the second half of the song so keep them as is for that part. But for the beginning put them on a different track with less echo.
  • edited August 2009
    Sounds a whole lot like the Doors, which is pretty cool
    edited August 2009
    Doesany1rememberlaughter;2846337 said:
    Sounds a whole lot like the Doors, which is pretty cool
    why thank you, thats who i was listening to/thinking about when i wrote the song :)
    edited August 2009
    Yellowcake;2845860 said:
    thanks man, i really appreciate it, hopefully ill have two more songs that will be accepted by them (currently recording them), ill let you know when there up !
    edited August 2009
    Lizard_King;2851523 said:
    thanks man, i really appreciate it, hopefully ill have two more songs that will be accepted by them (currently recording them), ill let you know when there up !
    Awesome, glad to see some other members willing to spread their music in such a way. I'm actually going to chart my own songs, I have a bit of experience so I should be fine on that regard. Wow 3 songs. I hope they are popular enough to get on Wii.
  • edited August 2009
    While I wasn't crazy about the song, I plan on buying it anyways - a lot of effort was put into it, which I respect and I am a FIRM believer of putting money into the pockets of independent musicians!
  • Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Pretty cool. Has kind of a spooky feel to it... :3

I like spooky.
    edited August 2009
    Jaden-San;2852595 said:
    Pretty cool. Has kind of a spooky feel to it... :3

I like spooky.
    why thank you, thats what i was going for :)
  • icykiddicykidd Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    i thinks this song is gonna be sick i like it.
    good luck dude. :)
    edited August 2009
    icykidd;2855949 said:
    i thinks this song is gonna be sick i like it.
    good luck dude. :)
    why thank you. should be coming out soon,rhythm authors accepted it pretty early on, and ive already sent in the masters :)
  • Dr.RockBandDr.RockBand Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    good song. the singing was a little off a parts but still good song.
    edited August 2009
    Dr.RockBand;2859348 said:
    good song. the singing was a little off a parts but still good song.
    Yeah in those versions some vocals drift a bit, but I fixed the issue, so on the final mix you won't hear that :)
    edited August 2009
    Quick Update:
    Sent off two more songs for RA's perusal, called "For The Strange" and "Killers of the Worst Type". I would love to hear your feedback on them! Website is in the OP.