Public Beta Release Date?

TFedTFed Unsigned
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Does anyone know when the public beta releases this month? Has there been any announcements?

Comments

• OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited August 2009
    Can we also download songs from RBN in the beta? Probably a really stupid question but... eh.
  • BillyBlaze314BillyBlaze314 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    I would bet that the only difference between the public beta and the official launch of RBN is that there will be no downloading of songs in the RBN store during the beta
    edited August 2009
    what's the point then? just look at it?
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Test it and work out the flaws. As is the point with any beta http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_version#Beta
  • seinmanseinman Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Just a reminder: in North America, astronomical summer ends September 21st. So if they're saying "late summer," it could come as late as mid September. Don't flip out when it isn't out by the end of August, or it isn't out by the time you start school. Summer does NOT officially end when you want it to, it ends when it ends (which is September 21st).
  • lord of da sithlord of da sith Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    So really i could make youtube videos on it even though its the beta?
    edited August 2009
    to hell with the "real" summer. here are my seasons

Dec. 1 - Feb. 28/29 is WINTER
    Mar. 1 - May. 31 is SPRING
    Jun. 1 - Aug. 31 is SUMMER
    Sep. 1 - Nov. 30 is FALL

That is all. Good day.
  • seinmanseinman Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    OrdealByFire;2881792 said:
    to hell with the "real" summer. here are my seasons

Dec. 1 - Feb. 28/29 is WINTER
    Mar. 1 - May. 31 is SPRING
    Jun. 1 - Aug. 31 is SUMMER
    Sep. 1 - Nov. 30 is FALL

That is all. Good day.
    Those dates fall directly in line with meteorological summer. However, legally (at least in America, which is where Harmonix is based of course) seasons are decided by their astronomical dates. That's why every calendar you'll find in this country has summer from June 21st until September 20th.
  • LyokoFreaksLyokoFreaks Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if, here in Las Vegas, we'll get it a lot later... I mean, our seasons are like:

Winter: December 1st - December 31st
    Summer: January 1st - November 30th

I don't wanna wait until December! :(
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited August 2009
    noble;2847473 said:
    Just to be clear, we do need to be signed up with XNA(the $99 fee), to get access to the beta, correct?
    Wait, whaaat?
    HMXEnosity;2847575 said:
    yes
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
    edited August 2009
    seinman;2879827 said:
    Just a reminder: in North America, astronomical summer ends September 21st. So if they're saying "late summer," it could come as late as mid September. Don't flip out when it isn't out by the end of August, or it isn't out by the time you start school. Summer does NOT officially end when you want it to, it ends when it ends (which is September 21st).
    I go back to school on August 25th :mad:
  • edited August 2009
    OrdealByFire;2879507 said:
    Can we also download songs from RBN in the beta? Probably a really stupid question but... eh.
    For peer reviewing.
  • nk40699nk40699 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    HMXEnosity;2887400 said:
    For peer reviewing.
    Wait, I understand the peer reviewing, but do we keep the songs after that. Are the songs able to be played in quickplay and tour and with friends, or are they purely for RBN. Also, will we have to also buy the songs later in the year or can we just(this sounds bad) sign up and get all free DLC from RBN. Thanks for clarifying.

EDIT: Oh and can u chart songs and put them on your own rock band without other people playing/seeing them?
    edited August 2009
    Peer reviewing likely means (don't quote me on this) you can play them and such, but you probably can't play them after the beta ends and/or you can't play online or with other people. Either way, should be great.
  • BillyBlaze314BillyBlaze314 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    When peer reviewing, you cannot play the song in quickplay or online with friends (you can play locally with friends though). You can only play the song in audition mode, and after you leave audition mode, the song is no longer on your xbox. You download song packages to your computer, and launch them to your xbox through the Magma tool. I'm pretty sure you can only launch one song at a time, which means it's not as convenient as quickplay if you intend to play multiple songs one after the other.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Basically, it would just be easiest to wait until the RBN store launches later this year, so you can buy whatever songs you want and you get to keep them all, just like regular DLC. You don't want to spend the $160 for Reaper and Creator's Club if you're not going to author tracks, and to author tracks you need the masters.
  • NomadicLassNomadicLass Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    k-mac;2892300 said:
    You don't want to spend the $160 for Reaper and Creator's Club if you're not going to author tracks, and to author tracks you need the masters.
    Perhaps not, but there are those that may want to peer review only (and hence the $99 Creator's Club fee without the need to have Reaper), and RBN will need the peer reviewers for this whole venture to be a success. :)
  • redspiederredspieder Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    LyokoFreaks;2882568 said:
    I wonder if, here in Las Vegas, we'll get it a lot later... I mean, our seasons are like:

Summer: January 1st - November 30th

I don't wanna wait until December! :(
    dont be silly! now, i live in Henderson, but the weather isnt that different

Spring: January 1st - January 17th
    Summer: January 18th - November 17th
    Fall: November 18th - November 30th

sheesh, dont exagerate!
  • KaemonKaemon Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I really hope it launches soon... Peer review will be fun. Just because I know people working on things and would like to just see what they've done.

Its worth the $99.
  • CheesePopcornCheesePopcorn Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Will you download the songs from within RB? or will they be in the marketplace?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2009
    It is going to have a separate Music Store within RB2
    edited August 2009
    I really want to test out the charting software, but I don't want to buy XNA membership just yet. Is this possible or am I stupid?
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited August 2009
    Is it possible to get a membership right now?

How?
  • NomadicLassNomadicLass Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    overdriveguitarman:

XNA Creator's Club Membership

Since RBN is still in closed beta you may want to wait and get your membership when the beta goes public (unless you are interested in more than just RBN).
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2009
    Ferocious Q;2910482 said:
    I really want to test out the charting software, but I don't want to buy XNA membership just yet. Is this possible or am I stupid?
    You can make charts in Reaper without it, but if I understand correctly you'd need the XNA membership in order to actually transfer your songs to your 360 to audition them (even if you're not actually submitting them to the RBN).

You can download a free 30-day trial of Reaper at any time, but keep in mind the HMX plug-ins aren't out yet and you're definitely gonna want those.
    edited August 2009
    So it cost $160 total to put up songs on RBN?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2009
    overdriveguitarman;2915583 said:
    So it cost $160 total to put up songs on RBN?
    That, plus many, many hours of your free time needed to do the actual authoring. :)
    edited August 2009
    trg007;2915644 said:
    That, plus many, many hours of your free time needed to do the actual authoring. :)

I don't know about this...

I mean, my band is pretty ameteur anyway...

Pass...
    edited August 2009
    I'd want to make a song or two for RBN, but it's too much work.

The money to start up,
    Then the money to have to make masters,
    Then the time to invest in making everything ideal.

Yeah... I don't see TOO many amateur bands doing this.
  • Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, but that is what companies such as RhythmAuthors are for. You don't do any work, and both the band and RA profit. Simple