More Rap/Hip-Hop heading to RBN!

Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Hi, I'm the "manager" for D.O.F., an unknown group from Warren, Ohio. I thought I'd let the rap/hip-hop fans know that there is more on the way! We have already contacted Rhythm Authors and are just awaiting a response.

Here is our MySpace link (there is some swearing, just a forewarning).
http://www.myspace.com/chaztmarsh

The three non-remix songs are the ones we would currently like to use for the Network, but if enough people request more, we have many more tracks that we could make available.

Thanks, and hopefully you will enjoy D.O.F.

Comments

• AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    How do you plan on charting the songs?
    Like what kind of instruments do you plan to chart to guitar, bass, and drums
  • Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Honestly, we may be charting anything to "guitar" that fits (for example, the stand out beat in I'm So Flyy, or the actual guitar in Lyrical Assassin), and we may possibly be doing "Rock Band remixes" to add better bass lines for gameplay, but we may not have the time for that. I know this may disappoint many people, but we may not be able to chart drums on certain songs.

Also, I'm sure that this isn't always true, but I have a feeling that most people want hip-hop for the vocals. Most hip-hop isn't geared towards Rock Band/Guitar Hero (except for the anomaly like Bring the Noise ft. Anthrax or the Low remix by Travis Barker), but some people still want it, so we figured why not?
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, there's no reason to change your sound just to make it "fit" into RB....that's one of the things they're emphasizing on RBN....that you can submit whatever genre you feel like and not have to force it.

Straight-up luh-huvvin' "I'm So Fly" and "Tick"....those beats are hot, and the rhymes are ice cold. :) Not really feelin' "Lyrical Assassin" so much, though....but I'm *definitely* down with the other two, and look forward to hearing more from you guys.
    edited August 2009
    Thanks, you just described exactly how I feel about the Network. I know hip-hop isn't requested very often for Rock Band, but I'm hoping that people enjoy what we have to offer.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2848252 said:
    How do you plan on charting the songs?
    Like what kind of instruments do you plan to chart to guitar, bass, and drums
    Tracks don't need all instruments. You could in theory have a acappella, someone playing on a classical guitar, a massive drum solo or someone just on bass.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    General Lein979;2848970 said:
    Tracks don't need all instruments. You could in theory have a acappella, someone playing on a classical guitar, a massive drum solo or someone just on bass.
    Yes, I know. I'm wondering mostly if they were going to use Synth or something to chart guitar, and bring the idea that all instruments could possibly be charted into most hip-hop songs.
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Ahhh yeah I need to go through song submissions tonight! That's what I had forgotten to do! *does so now* Expect a response from me in the next hour :D
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Sounds good guys, good luck. I heard the first song, there is a pretty dominant drum thing in there...
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    This is great. I hope we get a lot more Hip Hop/Rap from RBN~

"Tick" has a real nice drum beat~ I would definitely like to see that in the game :)
    edited August 2009
    I'm really upset about this, but apparently the computer that we had some of our masters on (including I'm So Flyy and Tick But I'm the Bomb Pt.1) had some kind of hard drive failure and we may not be able to recover the masters. I'm working extremely hard to find out if we had any backups or if there is any way to recover them. We still have Lyrical Assassin and a few other songs. We may have to put the RBN idea on hold for awhile. But I'll come back to this topic and post updates whenever I can for the people that are interested.

Thanks.
    edited August 2009
    Well, we did permanently lose the master of I'm So Flyy, but thats ok, because we recently upgraded to better software, and tomorrow morning we start recording I'm So Flyy version 2!