Abbey Road Medley

DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I've just been wondering... do you think this will all be one epic song when it comes? I sure hope it is, as it would be convenient and awesome, and probably save us some money. So yeah, vote on what you think.

Comments

• mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    It's already been openly stated that it can be played all the way through so I think the point is pretty much moot.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    It has? Where was it stated? And, will they be labeled as one? I really hope they are...
    edited August 2009
    It was stated in some interview, I don't have it handy. And whether or not they're labeled as one wasn't mentioned.
  • lucaspaul22lucaspaul22 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    mva5580;2851544 said:
    It was stated in some interview, I don't have it handy. And whether or not they're labeled as one wasn't mentioned.
    An interview in Wired confirmed it will be played as one track. Here's the link.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/07/beatles-rock-band-2/
  • Andyx1337Andyx1337 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Imagine that you failed the song "In the end". OH BOY.
    edited August 2009
    It's surprising to me though that they would make ALL of it one continuous track, because it's really not. You Never Give Me Your Money is pretty much a song on its own, but I guess I can understand how the end of that flows in to Sun King. But Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard/Polythene Pam/She Came in Through the Bathroom Window is definitely a separate medley from Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End. I don't think that entire thing should be strung together.
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    You know what I think? They're gonna give us an option on how we want to play it, one way or another. I agree with the poster above me, though. It's ALL amazing but when you break it down, what's considered "the medley" is really in three distinct parts... four if you consider "Her Majesty."
  • tinglytingly Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    It's over 16 minutes, gotta have a song or section option.
  • Andyx1337Andyx1337 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I'd love if the Abbey Road Medley was actually Track 9 - Track 16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_Road_(album)#Side_two
    edited August 2009
    I would agree that it has to be divided in some way. They're not going to force people to play the entire thing or none of it.
  • KillercroissantsKillercroissants Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I really am hoping that they decide to make Golden Slumbers to The End one medley, make Her Majesty separate (at best, if not included at all...not too fond of it), possibly You Never Give Me Your Money a medley with Here Comes the Sun King, probably go from "Mr. Mustard" to "Bathroom Window"...and I'm not sure about Because.

But mostly, I want Golden Slumbers and connect with The End, that is all. Frankly, I don't see the B-side as one medley, but several. I don't think The "Mr. Mustard" medley is any more connected with the "Golden Slumbers" medley than Come Together is a medley with Something.

That is, of course, just what I've found...and what I'm hoping for. I really don't want to play some 16-minutes of songs just to get to the final three, my favorites.
  • DMSweenz30DMSweenz30 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I'd love it if it was one track if it meant saving some money, but I know there will be times when I don't want to play some of the songs in the medley...and by some I mean "Sun King".