So when RBN is finally released

AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Don't you think we are going to have a flood of bands and XNA members come here and advertise their songs. I hope that wont become a problem.

Comments

• bonerockbonerock Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I have a feeling that will have its own forum
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited August 2009
    bonerock;2852036 said:
    I have a feeling that will have its own forum
    I have that feeling as well. It shall be named... "Rock Band Network"!
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Actually I do hope the songs from bands/charting groups have a place for their own topics.

One topic is just, bleh.
  • Grey_StreetGrey_Street Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I think I'd much rather have just one topic. Kinda like Enosity's topic that has all the confirmed bands. It would be a directory of everything available and links all in one nice list. Would be nice to be seperated by genre too.
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Not only because I just started one, but I think RBN bands should totally have the chance to open one thread (and one thread only) about their music. It is just a much better way to receive actual feedback from the community, as opposed to the main thread which is simply for announcing.

For example, I really liked the 500 Miles to Memphis song but didn't bother cluttering up the main thread. Had there been a dedicated thread, I would've written something positive about the song/band.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2009
    jr174200;2854109 said:
    Not only because I just started one, but I think RBN bands should totally have the chance to open one thread (and one thread only) about their music. It is just a much better way to receive actual feedback from the community, as opposed to the main thread which is simply for announcing.

For example, I really liked the 500 Miles to Memphis song but didn't bother cluttering up the main thread. Had there been a dedicated thread, I would've written something positive about the song/band.
    Yeah, I am thinking that might be the best idea... but, lets wait until the songs actually get released. We don't want a buch of band's threads out there where they said they were checking into it and sending files only to have nothing really released because it didn't make it through Peer review OR there were charting problems.

No need for a 500 Miles to Memphis thread until the songs actually hit RBN.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2009
    That likely won't be an issue, save for a band or two that don't read the fine print when uploading songs, I don't think
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    HeyRiles;2854381 said:
    That likely won't be an issue, save for a band or two that don't read the fine print when uploading songs, I don't think
    I think the incentive of money will make the bands post it lots of those threads. Personally I'm hoping my songs get a lot of downloads as it will help me pay to go to Biola.
  • asiansteevasiansteev Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    jr174200;2854109 said:

Yeah, my worry is that, at this stage, I think a lot of bands are getting announced that don't realize what it's going to take to create a RBN track. Once the open beta begins and we actually start working on tracks, I think it will be appropriate for bands/labels to have their own threads (once they're ankles-deep in coding it).
    Also, I'm glad you liked the 500MTM track. It's going to be a lot of fun.
  • edited August 2009
    Just like all discussions, there's a right way and a wrong way to go about them. And as long as bands/authors are out to engage the audience in a positive, constructive way, it would be foolish to disallow it.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm fine with posts about a band's release on RBN just as long as there isn't any spamming. That's partly what the sub-forum is for - Bands interacting with fans.