"A Week In Posts" - Week of 8/9/09

Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in Less Rokk More Talk
Okay, guys. I'm going to try a weekly event for the forums. Here's the deal:

The Rock Band forums gets thousands of posts a day. I want you guys to "nominate" memorable, funny, smart, or whatever posts that you see. If it's interesting, quote it! Post these "nominations" in this thread and at the end of the week I will post the top 5 posts of the week in the OP. It'll be kind of a hall of fame for memorable posts. If you read "Kotaku" you may be familiar with this.

Nominators will get E-Cookies. :D

By the way, if you feel necessary to help your nomination make sense you should post a link to the thread the post was in, or if the nomination was a reply to a quote, post what the nomination was replying to. Though, not all posts need this.

After examination of the thread I felt that it was best to not allow self nominations unless someone else nominates it for you. Feel free to show the thread something you posted, and if someone is kind of enough to nominate it then I'll consider it for the weekly top 5. Otherwise, this thread is just here for some good laughs. :)

Current Nominations:

Topic: Things That I Have Learned... (Page 20)
Poster: Soratar
Nominated By: Der_Lex
Soratar;2849616 said:
I realize that, but I HATE how people do it in such a rude, in-your-face attitude. I love it when people say, "(insert band) is not my thing, but if you want them in Rock Band, variety is always welcome." Where some people say, "WTF is wrong with you? Are you serious? That band makes me want to throw up!" What I'm saying is, I know speaking what you think is important, but doing it with the right attitude is also essential.

Topic: "A Week In Posts" - 8/9/09 (Page 1)
Poster: HeyRiles
Nominated By: bermuddy
HeyRiles;2853076 said:
I'm not nominating any of my own - that's too egotistical, even for my tastes

Topic: Censorship between - Casey Jones and... (Page 1)
Poster: HeyRiles
Nominated By: Explosion2
HeyRiles;2849283 said:
You are such a cocaine

Topic: Dear Frizz: Discussions of Romance... (Page 132)
Poster: RockBandRocker
Nominated By: neckermanncj
RockBandRocker;2852183 said:
Well, How Soon Is Now?.

I've already told you about how much I Want The One I Can't Have. He is a Sweet and Tender Hooligan, but we're getting Nowhere Fast.

Yes, it is true that my Bigmouth Strikes Again, but This Charming Man makes me feel Still Ill.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't wish him an Unhappy Birthday. Instead, with Hand In Glove, I realized that in his smile There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.

Topic: I Leave For College Early Saturday Morning (Page 4)
Poster: ffwarrior47
Nominated By: overdriveguitarman
ffwarrior47;2853976 said:
*slowly takes off party hat, and hides it behind back*

Comments

• HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2009
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited August 2009
    oh, and what will the winners get? 5,000 forum dollars? A 3-month supply of bacon? MOAR cookies?
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited August 2009
    EWWWW, nominating your own posts is not the right thing to do.

I don't really know how this will work though, the forums is lacking in funny humor on sundays.
  • edited August 2009
    Soratar;2849616 said:
    I realize that, but I HATE how people do it in such a rude, in-your-face attitude. I love it when people say, "(insert band) is not my thing, but if you want them in Rock Band, variety is always welcome." Where some people say, "WTF is wrong with you? Are you serious? That band makes me want to throw up!" What I'm saying is, I know speaking what you think is important, but doing it with the right attitude is also essential.
    To reduce the tooting of our own horns, I'll nominate this instead, then, because I should've done so in the first place... if only because this is a way of approaching things I'd love to see more often on the forums.
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited August 2009
    Der_Lex;2853162 said:
    To reduce the tooting of our own horns, I'll nominate this instead, then, because I should've done so in the first place... if only because this is a way of approaching things I'd love to see more often on the forums.
    WTF is wrong with you? Are you serious? That post makes me want to throw up!

:p don't kill me Lex
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited August 2009
    HeyRiles;2853076 said:
    i'd like to nominate this.
  • edited August 2009
    Renrock;2853167 said:

Oh, Ren... don't ever change.

Then again, your wife probably won't let you, so we're safe in that regard. :p
    edited August 2009
    Der_Lex;2853162 said:
    Thank you, good sir.
    edited August 2009
    Der_Lex;2853176 said:

He's using his confusion attack!

Counteract with tackle Pikachu!

Wait, you aren't a pokeemon, your just a crazy cat with beading yellow eyes.

Oh, and the great power of a mighty banhammer.

So I have nothing to worry about, right?

Also, I have pie.
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Renrock;2853167 said:

I beat you to it Ren, MUAHAHAHA!!!!!! (see here ---v)
    Explosion2;2849653 said:
    WTF is wrong with you? Are you serious? That attitude makes me want to throw up! :D
    Here's my nomination (Riles' post, obviously):
    HeyRiles;2849283 said:
    [QUOTE=AKALink;2849270][QUOTE=zander420;2849230]I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but I am highly upset!

In the song "Casey Jones" the word "Cocaine" is not muted.. I mean they sing it over and over, but in the song "Rock your socks off" every little cuss word is MUTED! I do not understand that? How can you have one song that is about a dude driving while on cocaine, but in rock your socks off every cuss word is taken out (which kills the song BTW!)

It seems totally hypocritical to me.... I can imagine the guys at the rating board "ummm lets leave COCAINE in this song (cause I like doing that) but let's take out all the cuss words in every other song so parents won't get upset".....???

makes sense to me... NOT....

How come they didn't just leave all the songs alone and set the "Parental Controls" in the PSP so little kids would not have their little brain corrupted? Or they could have made it 18+ game??

Just my 2 cents... everything in this country is back asswards! It kills me!!!!!
    Because the word cocaine is not a cuss word. Last time I checked the word cocaine is not insulting anyone anytime soon.[/QUOTE]You are such a cocaine[/QUOTE]
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited August 2009
    Der_Lex;2853176 said:

HEY-OH!!!

*Rimshot*

*Audience laughs, hoots and cheers*
    edited August 2009
    Explosion2;2853218 said:
    Here's my nomination (Riles' post, obviously):
    Even though I didn't post in that thread, it made me laugh when I first saw it.
    edited August 2009
    Soratar;2853525 said:
    Even though I didn't post in that thread, it made me laugh when I first saw it.
    so is that a seconded nomination?
    I definitely think that post deserves it.
    edited August 2009
    Explosion2;2853646 said:
    so is that a seconded nomination?
    I definitely think that post deserves it.
    eh, maybe. its just been one day.

When does one week end?
    edited August 2009
    lol, your a cocaine

I'm going to use that.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    ^I wholeheartedly agree. Especially with the Joey Jordison and the "I'm a closet metalhead" quotes.
  • N-PlayN-Play Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Teh_Jakester;2854532 said:
    Allow me to give an impression of the guitar chart.

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green
    yellow
    red
    blue
    yellow
    orange
    blue
    green
    orange

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

green

etc. etc. etc.
    i nominate
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    i nominate RockBandRocker
    neckermanncj;2852166 said:

you're just gonna have to Stretch Out and Wait! :D

[QUOTE=RockBandRocker;2852183]Well, How Soon Is Now?.

I've already told you about how much I Want The One I Can't Have. He is a Sweet and Tender Hooligan, but we're getting Nowhere Fast.

Yes, it is true that my Bigmouth Strikes Again, but This Charming Man makes me feel Still Ill.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't wish him an Unhappy Birthday. Instead, with Hand In Glove, I realized that in his smile There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.
    [/QUOTE]
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2009
    I'm not nominating it, but honestly I personally think this is one of the best posts I've had in a while, mainly because I can't help but laugh even though I'm the one that wrote it

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2849833#post2849833
    edited August 2009
    N-Play;2854803 said:
    i nominate
    did you really need that many posts in reserve?
  • edited August 2009
    I would like to nominate ALL of my posts please, as well as the post in which Apples mentioned genital flashing in Xbox Live's Uno game. It changed my online experience tremendously and gives a whole new meaning to the "draw four" card.
  • N-PlayN-Play Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Soratar;2854851 said:
    did you really need that many posts in reserve?

Probly not. reserved for DLC Tour Challenges and Venues, And Tiers.
    edited August 2009
    I nominate ffwarrior47;2853976!
    overdriveguitarman;2853955 said:
    YAY!!

HeyRiles is leaving!

PARTY!!!!

Wait, he's still here?

um..... I mean....... Darn...
    ffwarrior47;2853976 said:
    *slowly takes off party hat, and hides it behind back*
    LOL

I love it when people go along with my craziness!

Thanks ffwarrior!
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Soratar;2853089 said:
    oh, and what will the winners get? 5,000 forum dollars? A 3-month supply of bacon? MOAR cookies?
    Why of course, what's a prize without bacon, e-dollars, and cookies?

By the way, if you feel your nominated post is "incomplete" or doesn't seem to make much sense without the previous post (like, someone says something, then you make a joke about it) then you can post the thread page link and say which posts to look at, or just quote the previous posts like neckermanncj or overdriveguitarman did.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited August 2009
    I nominate anything that HeyRiles has posted in the past year.
    edited August 2009
    Sarge51;2854984 said:
    Why of course, what's a prize without bacon, e-dollars, and cookies?

By the way, if you feel your nominated post is "incomplete" or doesn't seem to make much sense without the previous post (like, someone says something, then you make a joke about it) then you can post the thread page link and say which posts to look at, or just quote the previous posts like neckermanncj or overdriveguitarman did.
    well, Der_Lex nominated me. I don't want to nominate the whole thread, but I can post the other qoutes that made me say that here.
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Soratar;2855045 said:
    well, Der_Lex nominated me. I don't want to nominate the whole thread, but I can post the other qoutes that made me say that here.
    Nah, your post was informative. You could tell you were talking about people complaining about bands being or coming to RB. Some people like to be a gentlemen about it and accept any incoming artists, and others just like to spout nonsense and flaunt their opinions to make their e-peen look big.
    edited August 2009
    Soratar;2853089 said:
    They win 200,000,000,000,000 Sarge51 Funbux*!

*Sarge51 funbux have no value or significance at all. in fact, they do not even exist in physical form.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited August 2009
    Explosion2;2855362 said:
    They win 200,000,000,000,000 Sarge51 Funbux*!

*Sarge51 funbux have no value or significance at all. in fact, they do not even exist in physical form.
    Next time use invisitext*.
    *like this!