edited August 2009
    I just started listening through all the songs listed in this thread

My goodness, do I ever love modern alternative. I love Rock Band Network

I'm almost certainly buying almost every one dollar song
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited August 2009
    Icarus599;2917498 said:
    Needs Tarot or Beatallica (or both :D)

I should try e-mailing one (or both :D) of them about it. Not sure how Tarot would feel about it, but Beatallica would probably think it was a great publicity opportunity.
    Beatallica wouldn't work because their songs essentially would be considered covers in the RBN wording.
  • ChiChi Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    The Main Drag - How We'd Look On Paper

Yay!:D
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    =) Bluefusion's guitarist, bassist and songwriter here. Thanks for the kind comments, guys! And yes, I'm a VERY huge Buckethead fan. The drummer isn't, really, but that doesn't matter, as he's got his own set of awesome influences and such. One of the new undisclosed songs (whups) we're working on is incredibly Buckethead'ish. Perhaps I'll add it to the poll on the official Bluefusion site (www.bluefusion.neosouthisland.com) for which song we should send through Rhythm Authors next, if it's finished soon.

^^ Rockband Network has really brought a lot of excitement and attention towards our little basement project, I'm so honored.

EDIT: Fun Fact, "Fighting Spirit" is titled so after "Kamina" from the show "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann". The Lyrics being written for it are also callbacks to that show. Aren't we nerdy?

-Trav
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Twitter update from Sir Dan Teasdale
    Crocodile DanT said:
    My flight delays are RBN's gain. Grumpytown is the next Speck track for RBN! http://img207.yfrog.com/i/uc9.jpg/
    Woop woop!
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    i didnt know Dan Teasdale was the bass player for Speck.

i would like to know who are all the hmx employee that are in bands and what bands they are, it would be nice to know :)

p.s. I think Grumpytown is one of the weirdest songs i ever heard lol :)
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I can't wait for The B.O.L.T. (Breath of Life Tribe) tracks to come out - they are insta-buys. Hope fully we'll see more than just 6 tracks from them.
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    You never know k-mac, you never know ;)
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited August 2009
    I don't recognize any of the confirmed artists other than JC...
    /dissapointment
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    Ferocious Q;2933766 said:
    /dissapointment
    Did you listen to anything? There's some awesome stuff in there.

Once you check it out you may be a bit more excited for it
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2009
    /dissapointment
    You shouldn't expect to recognize any of the stuff that gets released on the RBN. The whole idea of it is to let unknown artists get their music out there. :)
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited August 2009
    /dissapointment
    You should read my sig more often ;)
  • CheesePopcornCheesePopcorn Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    /dissapointment
    Wow, there's quite a few bands on here that impressed me. Even to the point of hoppin' on iTunes and grabbing a few songs. Like "Jayou521" said... you have to give it an unbiased chance. I'm not a HUGE fan of metal but some of the bands here are pretty awesome. The content so far is looking like it will be pretty diverse. Which is a good thing! But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

"Trg007" I completely agree with you. It somewhat disheartens me to see the posts of all the people trying/contacting more major-esque bands to jump on board when I feel a lot of the smaller bands could really benefit by getting into the door first. Over-saturation is a big fear of mine for this outlet. I know it's GOING to happen. I just hope it takes a while so it's not at the expense of the smaller bands that could really benefit from this.

So far, I love the route RBN is taking. It's already opened up the door to a lot of really good bands that I most likely would have never heard of before until now.

The list is pretty great so far (in my opinion) and I'm looking forward to more underground/indie/small label music to come forward!
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26682&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300&sid=3e13dc5d26bd9b8cba80966a63f12438

Andrew Buch confirmed?!? Trippolette confirmed?!?!

Note: look at the posts by user Andrew-Buch on the page.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to mention that bigger bands have expressed interest as well, they are probably just taking a wait-and-see approach or have more red tape to clear before they can get their songs in
  • Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    hey, bright midnight guitarist/vocalist/songwriter/occasional bassist here, just wanted to say that im super pumped to be a part of the RBN (hopefully no snafus). im trying to get two more confirmed by RA to round out the three pack!
  • Ten0101Ten0101 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Hey all, I've been following the Rock Band Network forum for a while but thought I'd finally post and let people know that my band Kurodust will definitely be attempting to get our songs onto RBN.

We have a few old tracks up here: http://kurodust.net or here http://myspace.com/kurodust but the tracks that will go on RBN will be from our upcoming album Containment Failure, which we will be finishing up over the next few months.

We'll initially be trying to author them ourselves but if they doesn't work I guess we'll try Rhythm Authors or someone similar :)
  • edited August 2009
    added bands - Chris Colepaugh / Foleys / Joel Plaskett Emergency / Kurodust / Spock's Beard
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited August 2009
    The fact that there still isn't one black metal band yet to be confirmed or even rumored leaves me sad.
    edited August 2009
    HMXEnosity;2940491 said:
    added bands - Chris Colepaugh / Foleys / Joel Plaskett Emergency / Kurodust / Spock's Beard
    Holy crap - The Joel Plaskett Emergency is one of the bands that I contacted, and I know that I was the one who got them on board. This is awesome!

Canadian content FTW.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    HMXEnosity;2860990 said:
    Spock's Beard - Onomatopoeia
    Spock's Beard - Surfing Down the Avalanche
    Spock's Beard - All Thats Left
    Spock's Beard - As Long As We Ride

- genre - progressive / rock / alternative
    - source - http://www.musicgameauthors.com/
    - website - http://www.myspace.com/spocksbeard
    Awesome.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    Wow!
    Spock's Beard IS a huge feather in RBN's cap....major add!

Also liking the other artists who've been added recently...keep up the awesome!
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    Spock's Beard awesome :)

RBN seems to be getting a lot of Prog. and some very great acts Marillion, WatchTower, Blotted Science and now Spock's Beard awesome keep up the awesome work :D
  • KineticArtistKineticArtist Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    cherokeesam;2943258 said:
    Wow!
    Spock's Beard IS a huge feather in RBN's cap....major add!

Also liking the other artists who've been added recently...keep up the awesome!
    @HMXEnosity Its FOLEY not Foleys please correct the bands name above

WatchTower / Blotted Science / Chris Colepaugh / FOLEY / Joel Plaskett Emergency / Spock's Beard == Major coup for us at http://www.MusicGameAuthors.com ALL the bands we have lined up are extremely good with excellent material that will make killer game play
    edited August 2009
    and you can add canadian band: Foot Soldier to the list too... these guys seriously rock hard
    http://www.musicgameauthors.com/da-bands/footsoldier.html
  • edited August 2009
    oops. fixed and added Foot Soldier!
    edited August 2009
    HMXEnosity;2943934 said:
    oops. fixed and added Foot Soldier!
    Thanks much HMXEnosity!!! uber cool thread ya got here...
    edited August 2009
    Joel Plaskett Emergency - Through & Through & Through
    Joel Plaskett Emergency - Fashionable People
    Joel Plaskett Emergency - Nowhere with You
    - genre - rock
    - source - http://www.musicgameauthors.com/
    - website - http://joelplaskett.com
    Awesome. They opened up for Great Big Sea at the Molson Ampitheater last year in Toronto, and were really solid. That being said, The JPE (arguably) marks the first "big name band" on the list, which bodes well for the future.
    edited August 2009
    k-mac;2943981 said:
    Awesome. They opened up for Great Big Sea at the Molson Ampitheater last year in Toronto, and were really solid. That being said, The JPE (arguably) marks the first "big name band" on the list, which bodes well for the future.
    we believe all of our bands signed to MGA for charting are all big names and if not true big names now they sure will be... ALL of them are extremely good bands with music that will be fun to play and will be well worth buying their CD(s). MGA realizes how blessed we are with the bands that have decided to go with us and will do everything to make sure their music and the band is handled properly... Now if We could just get into the beta so we can get started charting... kinda puttin a crimp in our bands and our company's plans here HMX...