A Bunch of questions About RBN

N-PlayN-Play Rising Star
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
1. If there anyway to get songs on RBN Without a 360 (or any other console) and why is it needed?
2. Let's say, Muse hears about RBN and Wants to put their songs on RBN, but their songs are owned by Warner, who, as far as i know, are feuding with Rock Band, how would i situation like that work?
3. What's the least expensive way to use RBN?
4. A garage band puts one of their own uncopyrighted songs into RBN, it that allowed?
5. Will a band be able to choose their own venues that play at standard In quickplay?
6. What's The full list of genres availible in RBN?
7. Has anyond Heard From MSI or Dream threater? because i know they want to Be In The RB.
I'll post More if I can Think Of any.

Comments

• AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    1. ??? so to buy songs will be released on other systems if they are popular, to upload you need an XNA account.
    2. Warner would decided if the music should end up on the game. Harmonix has little hand in this.
    3. Ask a charting company to chart your songs for you, but you will lose profits
    4. Yes
    5. Don't know, I believe that is usually random
    6. I couldn't tell you right off the bat, it does satisfy, but you can find it at scorehero
    7. Yes, Email them politely.

And you do need magma to test songs.
  • mikejandreaumikejandreau Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    N-Play;2867798 said:
    1. If there anyway to get songs on RBN Without a 360 (or any other console) and why is it needed?
    2. Let's say, Muse hears about RBN and Wants to put their songs on RBN, but their songs are owned by Warner, who, as far as i know, are feuding with Rock Band, how would i situation like that work?
    3. What's the least expensive way to use RBN?
    4. A garage band puts one of their own uncopyrighted songs into RBN, it that allowed?
    5. Will a band be able to choose their own venues that play at standard In quickplay?
    6. What's The full list of genres availible in RBN?
    7. Has anyond Heard From MSI or Dream threater? because i know they want to Be In The RB.
    I'll post More if I can Think Of any.
    1) No, at first RBN is XBox exclusive. It'll be available on Wii and PS3 later, but no one knows when. That's a Sony and Nintendo problem, not an HMX problem.
    2) A band can do whatever they want, as long as they own the publishing rights to their songs.
    3) This question doesn't make sense. You don't "use RBN", it's a platform. You buy songs from it.
    4) Not recommended, but as far as I know there's no rule against it.
    5) No. the venues are completely random. The things that happen at the venues, however, are not.
    6) Any band or artist that wants to get in the game can be. There's no requirement for genre.
    7) Haven't personally spoken with MSI or DT. Though if Portnoy reads this, call me. I'd author the hell out of Dream Theater.
  • X Bad Daddy XX Bad Daddy X Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Heres some more questions!
    What if I have bands that want to use me to chart songs for them, what do I need to do to secure some type of publishing rights that would alow me to upload those songs?
    What would I need to start my own charting business?
    Thank you!
  • N-PlayN-Play Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I'd Love to Join your charting Group if i could, nut ineed some thing..
    Everything :P