is it worth it??

DH22295DH22295 Unsigned
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
As everyone knows,you need pay 100 bucks a year to create and share music in RBN.

I was exited about this but i was disapointed when i heard you need to pay,but i was wondering

is this thing worth the money or not??

because you have like 1% of becoming famous in this thing,but it could be fun.

Comments

• N-PlayN-Play Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    What i'd like to know is The Precentage you Get from the Cuts.
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    30%. If you're charting your own song and you price it at $1, it'd take at least 334 downloads to pay back for the subscription. So charting as many songs as possible would be smart.

However, many people would argue that the publicity is the most valuable part.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    if you put out a lot of your tracks within the first year, you wouldn't have to renew. If you put the price point at the lowest ($1), more people will be inclined to buy it. The more tracks you have out there, the more sales you get, and then soon enough you'd not only get the $100 back + $60 for Reaper, you'd then start making money. It might not be a lot, but at the same time, at least it's a new revenue source and hey, your band just might catch on. You never know. Word of mouth on these forums is pretty good.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2009
    Keep in mind you can also use a 3rd party authoring group (there's a list of them here in this sub-forum) to avoid having to buy Reaper or the XNA membership. At least some, perhaps all of them, offer the option of charging nothing up-front out of your pocket but instead taking a portion of your royalties.

Although, if you think there's a chance your song could become a popular download, you'd probably make more of a profit in the long run by doing it yourself for the $160.
  • DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    MarsPhoenix;2868662 said:
    30%. If you're charting your own song and you price it at $1, it'd take at least 334 downloads to pay back for the subscription. So charting as many songs as possible would be smart.

However, many people would argue that the publicity is the most valuable part.
    30%???

Isn't it 70% and MS gets 30%? Getting less than the majority of the sales is would extremely ******ed
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Well since we don't know what the sales will be like we don't know yet.
  • edited August 2009
    DanB91;2873856 said:
    30%??? Isn't it 70% and MS gets 30%?
    Bands get 30% (or whoever submits the track be it a label, bands or charting company).