Rock Blog Monday 07/16/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
Let me say this - this weekend was so killer that I may need to go out and buy a new awesomosity dial because it got ramped up way too high. Saturday night a bunch of us went to the Brattle to see Troll 2 on the big screen with a bunch of the original cast members. Turns out they're big fans of some of our games (which is great since we are huge fans of Troll 2) We got to hang out with them a bit, we got some sweet green "Nilbog" t-shirts, and we gave them a tour of the office. They are touring with Troll 2 around the country while working on a documentary about how a movie could be so bad yet so loved. I can't imagine anything more entertaining. At any rate, if you are a fan of the movie you should head over to their site and see if it's coming to your town any time soon. Thanks to Darren, Jason, and Michael for an awesome time, we will forever carry a double-decker balogna sandwich...in our hearts!

Xfire chat is on Wednesday night. Sign up if you want to ask us questions and have a chance at winning one of three vouchers for a free copy of the game when it comes out.

Blogs! We have two awesome ones up today. First off we have Sasquatch who talks a bit about what it was like to see our own team members over at E3 and the games he is stoked about. Next we have Heather who is up to her eyeballs in a secret project but found the time to tell a story about the scariest watermelon ever. With pictures!

Sasquatch weighs in on E3.

Heather weaves a tale of July-O-Ween!

Comments

• ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Very nice blogs as always. Sasquatch is really expressing about the same excitement a lot of us are having for the game at this point. It is just so exciting to see it in action, and I think everyone knows there is something special about it, and it really is changing gaming for the better.

The X-fire chat on wednesday sounds like a lot of fun. I think I would definately want to attend it and ask some real tough questions :p. I'll be there at 7pm sharp.

Any hints on how we are going to win these vouchers? Because there is no way I'm passing up a chance at free Rock Band. Will it be for a specific console and will it just be the game or will it include all the controllers too?
  • edited July 2007
    I believe the xFire folks will be handling how the vouchers are doled out. I believe the vouchers will be for one free version of the game from us. That could be either PS3 or X360, depending on what the winner wants. I think.

In no way is this by the seat of our pants. ;)
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;15506 said:
    I believe the xFire folks will be handling how the vouchers are doled out. I believe the vouchers will be for one free version of the game from us. That could be either PS3 or X360, depending on what the winner wants. I think.

Any idea if this is only open to US residents? I can probably find a US address to send my voucher to if necessary when I win ;)
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;15506 said:

Oh I see, thanks. Well I'll be looking forward to it for the next day or so. Who from Harmonix are we going to be asking questions to?

I'm going to have to start writing down a whole list of things so I don't forget anything. :D
  • edited July 2007
    So far we have our art director Ryan Lesser, designer Dan Teasdale, me, and hopefully one more.

As for the contest I would imagine it is US residents only (laws being what they are) but you should ask them.
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;15506 said:

No Wii version this year? Hmm...

Anyway, the Troll 2 thing sounds very awesome, it's one of my favorite bad movies.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    we should be getting told whether we've been picked for it soon right?
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Very nice indeed!Wasn't "Troll" that movie where people would get poked by the troll's ring and turn into a big turd? At least thats what I thought it was....:confused:
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;15677 said:
    Very nice indeed!Wasn't "Troll" that movie where people would get poked by the troll's ring and turn into a big turd? At least thats what I thought it was....:confused:
    Wasn't that that one movie with Ernest?? Anyone remember that crazy guy?
  • edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;15677 said:
    I believe that was the first Troll movie, which actually has nothing to do with Troll 2 at all (other than a late decision to call it that for name recognition.) Troll 2 doesn't even have any Trolls in it.