Vocal Difficulties?

astronomaxastronomax Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
When it comes to the vocals, are there difficulties (easy, medium, hard, expert) or is it just one mode. I was just wondering how they would distinguish easy from medium and medium from hard, etc...

just curious

Comments

• i_c_weineri_c_weiner Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    There are easy, medium, hard, and expert levels for all instruments. Also, new to Rock Band, easy mode will be no-fail.
  • NooblenderNooblender Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    There are difficulties in vocals, but the tracks are the same. From how I understand Rock Band vocals to work, you get kind of an incrementing total for how long you are on the correct pitch on a specific phrase. For each phrase, if you pass a certain threshold, you get points for the phrase and a combo multiplier increase. The harder the difficulty, the closer and longer you must match the pitch. I don't know how harmony vocals will work.
  • SexyCakeSexyCake Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I hope so I am going on expert! Id love to hit those high notes!
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    The harder it is, the thinner the vocal line is. So, it'll be harder to keep your arrow on the line.
  • HMXForrestHMXForrest Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2009
    astronomax;2894914 said:
    When it comes to the vocals, are there difficulties (easy, medium, hard, expert) or is it just one mode. I was just wondering how they would distinguish easy from medium and medium from hard, etc...
    There are difficulties for vocals just like for the other instruments. It applies to all 3 vocalists together, though, so you can’t have one person singing on hard and another singing on easy. The harder the difficulty, the longer it takes to fill up the phrase meter and the less forgiving it is if you’re off-pitch, but harder difficulties are worth more points. The notes you have to sing are the same regardless of the difficulty. Also, just like the other instruments, you can’t fail out of vocals on easy difficulty.
  • HMXForrestHMXForrest Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2009
    BeatlesFan88;2895988 said:
    The harder it is, the thinner the vocal line is. So, it'll be harder to keep your arrow on the line.
    It’s true that the harder the difficulty the harder it is to keep your arrow on the line, but the thickness of the note tubes in TB:RB is not determined by difficulty like it was in RB2. Instead, the width of the tubes corresponds to a fixed musical distance (a whole-step). Every song has a different range of pitches displayed in the vocal track, so the tubes look bigger or smaller in different songs. In a song with a narrow range the tubes appear fatter, and wider ranges correspond to thinner tubes.