Question for XNA members

AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I don't have an xbox 360, but I want to author songs and I have friends who would love to test songs. Would it be a good idea to give them the information to access my XNA account so they can test my authored songs and test out other songs.

Comments

  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't, but I'm one of those paranoid people who won't even give my passwords to members of my own family. If getting an Xbox is an option, go with that. It's worth it if you're going to be designing songs/games with XNA.
  • DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2911256 said:
    I don't have an xbox 360, but I want to author songs and I have friends who would love to test songs. Would it be a good idea to give them the information to access my XNA account so they can test my authored songs and test out other songs.
    If I am not mistaken, I believe that the XNA account has to use the same Windows Live ID that one of your friends use for XBL.
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    hawkofva;2911694 said:
    I wouldn't, but I'm one of those paranoid people who won't even give my passwords to members of my own family. If getting an Xbox is an option, go with that. It's worth it if you're going to be designing songs/games with XNA.
    same here, don't give out your info to anyone
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited August 2009
    DanB91;2911774 said:
    If I am not mistaken, I believe that the XNA account has to use the same Windows Live ID that one of your friends use for XBL.
    You are not mistaken. Your XNA account and XBL gamertag are tied together. You can't give just the XNA account info to somebody without giving them access to your entire gamertag profile.
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    davidshek;2912980 said:
    You are not mistaken. Your XNA account and XBL gamertag are tied together. You can't give just the XNA account info to somebody without giving them access to your entire gamertag profile.
    and again.... DONT DO THAT! =)

    or its highly NOT recommended.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited August 2009
    More likely than not, it's against the Terms of Use to share your account information with anyone. You could always have your friend create an account of his own and reimburse him the cost, so that he can submit your work and (if he wants to) review any other content that gets submitted by other authors.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    trg007;2914351 said:
    More likely than not, it's against the Terms of Use to share your account information with anyone. You could always have your friend create an account of his own and reimburse him the cost, so that he can submit your work and (if he wants to) review any other content that gets submitted by other authors.
    I like this idea, I think I will do this.
Sign In or Register to comment.