Charting semantics question: non-stop sixteenths

LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
So I was listening to another one of my recent favorite songs and thinking about how much fun it would be to play it in Rock Band, when I started focusing on the drum section.

The song in question is The Ting Tings' "Shut Up and Let Me Go," and anyone who has listened to the song knows that it's pretty much an endless stream of sixteenth notes (with the exception of a drum break towards the end) moving from a hi-hat disco beat to straight sixteenth-note rolls on the snare to straight sixteenth-note rolls on the hi-hat. (It starts out on the snare, actually, and then moves to the disco beat from there.)

So, charting semantics time: With the possible exception of the drum break, would this chart be charted disco-style (red hi-hat, yellow snare) all the way through? Since everything that isn't the break is either snare, hi-hat or cymbal, I can't think of anywhere to make a transition between disco-style and standard mapping.

Thoughts?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited August 2009
    LoopyChew;2912243 said:
    So, charting semantics time: With the possible exception of the drum break, would this chart be charted disco-style (red hi-hat, yellow snare) all the way through?
    Yes.
  • lord of da sithlord of da sith Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    LoopyChew;2912243 said:
    So, charting semantics time: With the possible exception of the drum break, would this chart be charted disco-style (red hi-hat, yellow snare) all the way through?
    Thoughts?
    I really hope they chart it as yellow because
    A) Red Pads are known to bubble more
    B) Thats how its played in the song on the hi-hat not the snare
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Haha, no, hi-hat should be on red during those parts because that's how they are played.
    edited August 2009
    lord of da sith;2913484 said:
    I really hope they chart it as yellow because
    A) Red Pads are known to bubble more
    B) Thats how its played in the song on the hi-hat not the snare
    Usually the snare is positioned below the hi-hat so that your arms don't cross. Normally you wouldn't play 16th notes with your off-hand.