SD Card/DLC Question

psirockerpsirocker Opening Act
edited August 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So I have some Rock Band 2 DLC on my 2g SD card, and I'm gonna be getting Beatles Rock Band DLC. I have about 15 songs stored on there already, so how many BRB songs/albums could I fit on there?

If I run out of space, is there any way I could manage the SD card and transfer the BRB ones to a blank SD card? :confused:

Comments

• Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I think a 2gb will hold about 70 songs, so you should be good for a while. If you're already considering getting a new one, I suggest buying one solely for the Beatles. Plus, it appears that TBRB will support SDHC, so you could get as much as 32gb and easily fit all of your Beatles DLC on there.
  • psirockerpsirocker Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Will there be more than 70 songs released? Because I can use another 2 gig but if there's more I might consider saving up for a SDHC(however much they cost). How will I manage my card if I can't connect it to the computer? By the Wii, prob not, cause it only holds one card.....
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Also, your SD card will fill up pretty quickly considering the variation of size on Beatles DLC. So you may want to invest in a SDHC.
    edited August 2009
    What's the price of a normal SDHC card? $50?
    edited August 2009
    I think we can expect to have the majority of Beatles albums and singles released, so yes we'll have more than 70 songs. I don't want to worry with switching SD cards while I'm pretending to be the Beatles, so I'm investing in the larger card so it's all in one place rather than being scattered across several SD cards.

A 32gb SDHC will run about $70-100 depending on brand and store. I suggest Newegg.com.
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    32 GB SDHC varies wildly: from $60-100.

Here's what I'm doing, and what I recommend: don't buy anything yet. Stick with the 2GB card until it's full. At that point, buy a SDHC card. The price will be dropping and hopefully stabilizing over the next few months. You may be able to get all of this year's DLC on your card, so there's no real rush.

If you don't have access to a computer, you can always redownload to the SDHC card online ... although that might take awhile.
    edited August 2009
    Jeez, $70!?
    How bout an 8gb, how much will that hold? Sale for $22 at best buy.
    edited August 2009
    You could probably get by on an 8 gb card. Chrth brings up a good point about waiting. I'm waiting until we get closer to Abbey Road being released until I actually purchase one. I can save more, wait for sales, and get confirmation that the 32gb will be supported.
    edited August 2009
    So a 2gb will hold about 70 songs, so an 8gb will hold more than two hundred, and there's only two-hundred eleven songs in the Beatles' catalogue, but BRB files are expected to be larger so I could get by with like 170 songs, right?
    edited August 2009
    Well, there have been quotes of 300+ tracks, and Love is supplying at least one track. They could mine Anthology, BBC, etc., if they really wanted to.
    edited August 2009
    300+ Beatles tracks for DLC?

Whoa I thought the Beatles only recorded 211.
    edited August 2009
    I expect this DLC will sell well, with most folks purchasing whole albums, which equals more downloads to the card. I expect to see 200+ Beatle tracks before it's all said and done.
    edited August 2009
    psirocker;2916431 said:
    300+ Beatles tracks for DLC?

Whoa I thought the Beatles only recorded 211.
    He's including Love tracks and Anthology outtakes or technically unreleased stuff from the Anthology. There's also Let it Be... Naked.
    edited August 2009
    Do you think an 8gig will cover all that? Or should I get a sixteen?
    edited August 2009
    Plus we have no idea how much space is going to be consumed by the graphics. Again, I'd wait until you need one. You don't need one now.
    edited August 2009
    Well, the higher capacity you go the cheaper the difference is. If you get a 16gb, you're approaching $50. For $20 more you could have double that with a 32gb. It's all about what you can afford, so you must do what you feel is right, of course. Sorry for the Obi-Wan reference there.
    edited August 2009
    Hm..............
    I'm definitely going to wait till Christmastime to start buying DLC cause I don't get that much money... So I'll just use a blank 2gig for now.

One question: On Rock Band 2/Beatles can you redownload songs?
    edited August 2009
    Yeah you can redownload. Just remember that RB2 doesn't support SDHC, so if you get one it's for Beatles and later RB releases only.
    edited August 2009
    psirocker;2916471 said:

One question: On Rock Band 2/Beatles can you redownload songs?
    Yes. Once you buy a DLC, you can forever and anon download it to the same machine ... presuming it's not removed from the server.
    edited August 2009
    Say if I'm using a 2gig for BRB with some songs on it, and I get a SDHC or something, will it still let me re-download?
    edited August 2009
    psirocker;2916497 said:
    Say if I'm using a 2gig for BRB with some songs on it, and I get a SDHC or something, will it still let me re-download?
    Yes. It doesn't care about the card only your machine.
    edited August 2009
    Alright thanks a lot guys, you really helped!
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I'm telling you Harmonix you better get Real Love on this game