edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4915

The Beatles: RockBand 360 - 9th place

The Beatles: RockBand Wii- 6th place

Check out the numbers, 9 and an upside down 9! :eek:

Comments

• Theo EdisonTheo Edison Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    If it wasn't for the release date crap Australia have been getting, I'd be a solid RB supporter. Australia and Europe would be the places where TBRB would falter compared to GH5. Still, GH5 does look like a completely unnecessary addition to the series.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Does this include Amazon or is it just B&M stores?

Oh and the #'s for Halo and Call of Duty are ridiculous. Will people ever tire of FPS?
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    mva5580;2927420 said:
    Does this include Amazon or is it just B&M stores?

Oh and the #'s for Halo and Call of Duty are ridiculous. Will people ever tire of FPS?
    Have people ever tired of hunting? Even for people who don't hunt, do they stop because they hate the sport or because they don't want to hurt animals?
    edited August 2009
    vcalzone;2927431 said:
    Have people ever tired of hunting? Even for people who don't hunt, do they stop because they hate the sport or because they don't want to hurt animals?
    Well not the hunting part for me, but I did become a vegetarian because I don't want to eat animals. So there you go. So did Paul McCartney.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I became a carnivore because I hate hurting defenseless plants.

I posted in the "other" vgcharts thread. Surprised to see the pre-order numbers on games, TB:RB included, that offer almost no incentive to lock in early. I fail to see why people need to pre-order games that you can just get off the shelf. Of course, there's GH5 throwing in an extra game to try and keep up with Beatlemania...definitely smacks of desperation.
  • KiestermanKiesterman Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    mva5580;2927445 said:
    Well not the hunting part for me, but I did become a vegetarian because I don't want to eat animals. So there you go. So did Paul McCartney.
    So that's what happened to him. I was wondering where he lost his awesome. Good to know.
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    The advantage of preordering TB:RB is the three free DLC songs from Gamestop.

You don't need to preorder GH5 to get free VH, you have to simply buy it in September.
    edited August 2009
    Ah yes, people making fun of others who are vegetarians. Cute.
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
  • SexyCakeSexyCake Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    DoctorTran37;2927125 said:
    Did not even notice that. However I'm also not surprised to see the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum outselling the 360 version. Stupid Joker pack. Oh well. I'd get it for the PS3 but... I prefer stickin' to the 360.
    Sony needs to buy off more special content, and exclusive just like M$ loves to shove money into developers pockets. Greedy business but it works. But after my 360 rrod for the second time, ps3 is the way to go this time.
    edited August 2009
    chrth_rb;2927849 said:
    The advantage of preordering TB:RB is the three free DLC songs from Gamestop.

You don't need to preorder GH5 to get free VH, you have to simply buy it in September.
    You also get 2 free songs with the guitar hero pre-order, so you fail.
  • iAmtheWalrusiAmtheWalrus Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    SexyCake;2929068 said:
    You also get 2 free songs with the guitar hero pre-order, so you fail.
    Too bad Guitar Hero went down the drain with Guitar Hero 4. I don't have nearly as much fun playing that with Friends then I do with Rock Band.
  • edited August 2009
    Those Guitar Hero 5 numbers seem insanely low. I have to wonder if the stats are wrong somehow.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the Beatles tower above them, but it almost seems too good to be true.
    edited August 2009
    Apples;2929188 said:
    Those Guitar Hero 5 numbers seem insanely low. I have to wonder if the stats are wrong somehow.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the Beatles tower above them, but it almost seems too good to be true.
    Well apparently The Beatles > All 83 artists on the game.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited August 2009
    Bullseye;2927509 said:
    I fail to see why people need to pre-order games that you can just get off the shelf.
    There are games that sell out day one that people really want to get.
    iAmtheWalrus;2929141 said:
    Too bad Guitar Hero went down the drain with Guitar Hero 4. I don't have nearly as much fun playing that with Friends then I do with Rock Band.
    Eh, GH5 looked decent enough to me personally.
    edited August 2009
    SonicRocker15X;2929201 said:

Eh, GH5 looked decent enough to me personally.

It has a few good songs on there. I hate GHMix, and I could care less if you can have 4 drummers at once and all that jive.

They should at least change the name, it's not Guitar Hero anymore.. you play everything else. Not a big deal, but still. I'd get the game for a few songs, then sell it. I'll probably rent it.
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Remember, this is only part one of this year's rhythm competition.

Lego RB and Band Hero have yet to do battle.
    edited August 2009
    Apples;2929188 said:

If you don't believe it then check out Madden, Dance Dance Revolution, and all the other milked franchises. People get bored. And there sales drop. It seems like this huge influx in guitar hero games, are starting to put people off.
    edited August 2009
    lol I will bet right now that TB:RB will outsell Lego RB, Band Hero, DJ Hero, and GH: Van Halen combined.
    edited August 2009
    Damn we outsold them practically two to one...seems too strange...

Are there any worldwide preorder charts? I want to see our standing worldwide.
  • tinglytingly Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Amazon's preorder ranks (* release date tomorrow)
    *1. PlayStation 3 Slim 120 GB
    *2. Batman: Arkham Asylum ps3
    *3. Batman: Arkham Asylum xbox
    4. Halo 3: ODST xbox
    *5. Dissidia Final Fantasy psp
    *6. Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition ps3
    *7. Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition xbox
    8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 xbox
    9. Champions Online pc
    10. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only wii
    11. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days ds
    12. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only xbox
    13. New Super Mario Bros wii
    14. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves ps3
    15. Scribblenauts ds
    16. Guitar Hero 5 Stand Alone Software xbox
    17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition xbox
    18. Toy Story Mania! wii
    19. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only ps3
    20. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ps3
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    tingly;2929570 said:
    Amazon's preorder ranks (* release date tomorrow)
    *1. PlayStation 3 Slim 120 GB
    *2. Batman: Arkham Asylum ps3
    *3. Batman: Arkham Asylum xbox
    4. Halo 3: ODST xbox
    5. Dissidia Final Fantasy psp
    *6. Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition ps3
    *7. Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition xbox
    8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 xbox
    9. Champions Online pc
    10. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only wii
    11. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days ds
    12. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only xbox
    13. New Super Mario Bros wii
    14. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves ps3
    15. Scribblenauts ds
    16. Guitar Hero 5 Stand Alone Software xbox
    17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition xbox
    18. Toy Story Mania! wii
    19. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only ps3
    20. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ps3
    I'm a sad panda that the PS3 version of TB:RB is so low, but at least I know for a fact that PS3 RB is more successful than PS3 GH.
    edited August 2009
    Amazon music game best sellers (* prerelease)
    *1. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only wii
    2. Rock Band 2 Special Edition wii
    *3. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only xbox
    *4. Guitar Hero 5 Stand Alone Software xbox
    5. Guitar Hero World Tour Band Deluxe Kit wii
    *6. The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only ps3
    7. Rock Band 2 Special Edition ps3
  • odd-propsodd-props Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I don't remember any ps3 games selling out fast or being hard to get but it has happened to a few xbox games so xboxer's are more likely to pre-order.

Wii users had a hard time even finding a wii the first year it was available so they are conditioned to worry about unavailability as well.
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Looks like the people have spoken: they don't want another Guitar Hero. They already have at least one GH. They want something different, and that thing is the Beatles.

My God it's the '60s music scene all over again.
    edited August 2009
    It's Beatlemania!

But seriously, these are only the Preorder charts. Who knows what's going to happen when the games actually it the shelves?
  • Wave57Wave57 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    This made my day :) Hah TBRB Ps3 is doing better than GH5 Xbox 360. Adtivision failed....Hard.
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Hope the PS3 edition catch up. I don't want Harmonix to think the PS3 is the least platform to make money on. Maybe the sales of the first day will be better. But hey, this is only Amazon. These are not all places to buy the game.
    edited August 2009
    Rock Band 2 Special Edition for the PS3 is the #3 released music game on Amazon, outselling any xbox music game.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    ArchangelZero;2930665 said:
    Who knows what's going to happen when the games actually it the shelves?
    A good television ad campaign could really blast this thing through the stratosphere--They need to especially get into the awareness of the older, non-gamer Wii audience. If they can do that, The Beatles has the potential to be one of the best-selling games of all time, and introduce an avalanche of new players to Rock Band. It would be brilliant to put a coupon for a discount on Rock Band 2 into every copy of The Beatles.