An interesting question for the Harmonix team =o

WhosyodaddehWhosyodaddeh Rising Star
edited August 2009 in Rock Band
Hey there guys! I dont think this is a bad question to ask, but if it is I'm sorry I was just curious!

I was wondering how all of the guys in HMX feel about these people that are just like... crazy good at the game you all made. Do you guys ever talk about stuff in the office or wherever when huge news comes out? Like someone FCing GGaHT on guitar... constant motion... etc..

I was also wondering if there were any members of HMX that are also absurdly good at the game.. like able to FC most stuff. I figured you guys made the game, so there are bound to be people that are just insanely good at the game lol.

Anyways yeah, I was just curious and thanks for reading.... and again, sorry if this isn't an ok question to ask =l

Comments

• vengveng HMX Alumni
    edited August 2009
    We are usually stoked to watch FC videos and such! There certainly are a lot of people who are beasts at the game here in the company, but I don't think we spend as much time playing as you might think - when you're surrounded by the game all the time, the desire to play it non-stop @ home is greatly reduced.

But there are definitely some amazing people in our company - especially those who test the charts and/or the equipment.

But yeah, we totally love to talk to and hear from the girls and guys who master our own game. It just shows us that there are people out there who really enjoy our hard work! :)
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2009
    I always wonder what that Harmonix crew sees as the most impressive FC that's been completed (meaning hardest relative to how quickly the song got FC'd)
  • WhosyodaddehWhosyodaddeh Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    yeah, exactly lol. Hey veng what would you say is the biggest accomplishment anyone in the company has done? Like, FCing a song wise.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited August 2009
    I know HMXDungHeaver is a beast on drums. Not sure about anyone else.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I heard Harmonix was stunned when Someguy fced They're Red Hot on like the second day.
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Mex;2928631 said:
    I know HMXDungHeaver is a beast on drums. Not sure about anyone else.
    He sure the hell is. I have no freaking idea how I beat him in "Black". It surprised the hell out of me. It is really great that some of the HMX guys (Ben is all I know of) actually play RB with the community. I was just jammin' along when HMXDungHeaver asked if I wanted to play. I might as well have been a 12 yr old girl at Jonas Bros concert I was so giddy. :) (God, I hope he doesn't read this.)

The best part was I got the 'win a Score Duel' achievement from a HMX guy!!! Out of a 74,000 gamerscore, that is by far my best,coolest and favorite achievement. ;)
  • Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Great Topic! Id love to hear more views from HMX on this
  • adamlathromadamlathrom Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Has anybody FC'd "Inside Out" on vocals yet? :eek:
  • HMXDungHeaverHMXDungHeaver Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2009
    Whosyodaddeh;2927859 said:
    Hey there guys! I dont think this is a bad question to ask, but if it is I'm sorry I was just curious!

I was wondering how all of the guys in HMX feel about these people that are just like... crazy good at the game you all made. Do you guys ever talk about stuff in the office or wherever when huge news comes out? Like someone FCing GGaHT on guitar... constant motion... etc..

I was also wondering if there were any members of HMX that are also absurdly good at the game.. like able to FC most stuff. I figured you guys made the game, so there are bound to be people that are just insanely good at the game lol.

Anyways yeah, I was just curious and thanks for reading.... and again, sorry if this isn't an ok question to ask =l
    I've seen a bunch of FC videos. The most impressive ones for drums (which is what I usually check out) would be the FCs of Visions and Prequel to the Sequel, just because I was wondering how long those would take. I think it's awesome seeing videos of people doing amazing, and it always blows my mind.
    HazyCloud;2928737 said:
    He sure the hell is. I have no freaking idea how I beat him in "Black". It surprised the hell out of me. It is really great that some of the HMX guys (Ben is all I know of) actually play RB with the community. I was just jammin' along when HMXDungHeaver asked if I wanted to play. I might as well have been a 12 yr old girl at Jonas Bros concert I was so giddy. :) (God, I hope he doesn't read this.)

The best part was I got the 'win a Score Duel' achievement from a HMX guy!!! Out of a 74,000 gamerscore, that is by far my best,coolest and favorite achievement. ;)
    Had a good time playing with you, Hazy. Happy to hear that that is one of your favorite achievements, you definitely deserved it. And DAMN, 74K is a ton for a gamerscore, I think I'm at 1200 or something ridiculous.