# of vocal lines

Hobbies230Hobbies230 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Very sorry if this has been asked before. I've searched around, but could not find an answer.

Do the harmony vocal lines appear on the screen if only one microphone is plugged in? My guess would be know, since I believe you have to sing the main vocal line in order to pass, but I'm just curios.

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Yep, I played the demo with one singer and one mic plugged in but all three lines showed up. I'm not sure if you have to play the main vocal part only though. Someone should check if you can just sing the harmonies and not fail.
  • Hobbies230Hobbies230 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Alright, cool. Thanks for the quick reply. :)
  • SetherexSetherex Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    You have the option of having either the one line appear, or the 3 lines appear.

And I'm pretty sure that the main vocal is worth such a majority of points on each song that you have to sing some of it to not fail.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Hobbies230;2930892 said:
    My guess would be know
    You would be write. :D

Jokes aside, I'd imagine that if you play just the lead vocals, it'd only show the lead singer's line to prevent confusion.

From the other posts, I gather that you can select the harmony mode, and sing some of the harmonies while singing lead for a bit of bonus points.
  • WhizKidRavenWhizKidRaven Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I was just so pumped to see that they didn't try to force multiple lines in every song and it actually shows you which songs have them!
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Solo mode vocals is just like Rock Band 2. :)
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    MostSpartan14;2930898 said:
    Yep, I played the demo with one singer and one mic plugged in but all three lines showed up. I'm not sure if you have to play the main vocal part only though. Someone should check if you can just sing the harmonies and not fail.
    Did you choose "Solo" or "Harmonies"?
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Vocals baby
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Picking "Solo" when selecting Vocals gives you only one line of vocals.
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    yea, thats what I thought, it just seems like some people are saying otherwise.
  • HMXForrestHMXForrest Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2009
    Hobbies230;2930892 said:
    Do the harmony vocal lines appear on the screen if only one microphone is plugged in? My guess would be know, since I believe you have to sing the main vocal line in order to pass, but I'm just curios.
    Yes, you’re free to choose either solo or harmony vocals regardless of the number of mics plugged in. In fact, the game doesn’t care whether you’re singing a lead or a harmony part. You get scored based on whichever part you sang best in each phrase. So you have to sing something in order to pass, but it doesn’t have to be the main vocal line.