Lead Vocal Duties

mktr8722mktr8722 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
In sings like A Hard Day's Night and Birthday where John and Paul share lead vocals duties, in the game, does the lead vocalist strictly sing both parts or can lead vocals be shared between two people with two different mics? For example, lets say if i wanted to sing Paul's part and my friend wanted to sing John, can we share lead vocal duties on the same song?

Comments

• fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited August 2009
    Two different people need to sing it.
  • mktr8722mktr8722 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    So basically because there are three mics: 1 lead 2 harmony/background, one of the two harmony vocal mics can double as a lead mic as well?
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited August 2009
  • HMXForrestHMXForrest Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2009
    mktr8722;2939230 said:
    In sings like A Hard Day's Night and Birthday where John and Paul share lead vocals duties, in the game, does the lead vocalist strictly sing both parts or can lead vocals be shared between two people with two different mics? For example, lets say if i wanted to sing Paul's part and my friend wanted to sing John, can we share lead vocal duties on the same song?
    The short answer is yes, you can split up the lead part however you want between two mics. The game doesn’t make any distinction between lead and harmony vocalists, and vocalists aren’t tied particular parts. At any moment, the game will decide who is closest to which part and score you accordingly.

This also means that if you and a friend are singing the same part at the same time, you only count when you’re doing better than the other guy. So having someone else sing along can only help your score.