RB2 $89.99 at Target this week

FickAwesomeFickAwesome Rising Star
edited August 2009 in Rock Band
I'm actually surprised nobody has mentioned this yet (hey < ieven tried the serach feature for once :D ), but RB2 bundle is on sale at Target this week for only $89.99 (regularly $159.99) for all systems. Sale lasts through Saturday if anyone's interested in picking up a bundle for cheap.

Comments

• HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Not a bad price at all. Looks like they are making room for the Fab Four.
  • chezzerochezzero Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the tip, I will probably pick this up tonight. I was thinking about upgrading my drums from the RB1 set, but after selling the extra copy of RB2 I would be paying the same price and also getting a new guitar and mic.... my RB1 guitar I think might be on its way out anyway... sounds like a good deal!
  • Wicked Pi$$ahWicked Pi$$ah Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    FickAwesome;2943512 said:

I'm actually surprised nobody has mentioned this yet (hey < ieven tried the serach feature for once :D ), but RB2 bundle is on sale at Target this week for only $89.99 (regularly $159.99) for all systems. Sale lasts through Saturday if anyone's interested in picking up a bundle for cheap.
    Thanks for the heads up on this deal.

Our RB2 drums need to be replaced and $89.99 was the cost of the replacement drums so buying the bundle would be a better deal. I'd have a new guitar and mic as spares and I could trade the disc in at Game Stop or something.

I'll also pass this news on to my friend that could use a new set of drums too.
  • CesarC10CesarC10 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    I told some friends, looks like they'll get it, and I'll have more local friends
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    God they are so cheap why cant they just sell them in England if they need to clear stock
  • FickAwesomeFickAwesome Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    And don't forget, if you open a Redcard account with them you get an extra 10% off. ;)
  • iagomonkiagomonk Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Wicked Pi$$ah;2943735 said:
    ...I could trade the disc in at Game Stop or something.
    By the way, I tried to do something like this with a bundle and my Game Stop wouldn't take a shrink wrapped game disc - so you might call and find out if yours has a similar policy. Or just open it before you bring it in.
  • dsan224dsan224 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    That's a good deal!

When I got Rock Band 2 bundle last December I got it for $109.99 at Toys R Us and they gave me a free $20 gift card to the store with my purchase. So it was pretty much worth $89.99 for me as well! Go for it!
    edited August 2009
    iagomonk;2944519 said:

By the way, I tried to do something like this with a bundle and my Game Stop wouldn't take a shrink wrapped game disc - so you might call and find out if yours has a similar policy. Or just open it before you bring it in.
    Oh really? I thought they would take any disc, open or not.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll call and ask what their policy is and I can always do like you said and open it before I go.

I went to my local Target this morning and bought the last one they had for the PS3 and I picked up a raincheck for my friend. The raincheck is good until the middle of October so I hope that they'll get some more in before it expires. We are both doing this because we need new drums and the RB2 drums alone are $89.99. It makes more sense to spend the same amount on the bundle.

Thanks again to the OP for the heads up on this deal... It was really helpful. :)

The sale ends tomorrow so anyone wanting to take advantage of this deal better hurry up!
  • FickAwesomeFickAwesome Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Yep sale ends tomorrow. However, keep in mind Target now price matches other local print ads so even if you miss this sale they'll still match other sales.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    iagomonk;2944519 said:
    Nope, it's franchise policy, apparently.

I tried to trade in an unopened version of PS2 Singstar Country, and that was the mandate. They can't take unopened stuff.

Silly me, I didn't think about opening it right there. :)
  • HiApertureHiAperture Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Wow, that is a heck of a deal just for the drums and an extra new guitar. Guess I could give the disk to someone else.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    HiAperture;2950678 said:
    Wow, that is a heck of a deal just for the drums and an extra new guitar. Guess I could give the disk to someone else.
    Don't forget the new mic, if you're planning on picking up The Beatles...
  • xRite AidexxRite Aidex Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Good deal, too bad ive been enjoying RB2 for nearly a year...lol....along with my RB2 drums
  • Ace_HoleAce_Hole Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    snare drum head falling off...
    pedal broken...

Im in!!! Could it be so awesome as to have the wireless guitar in it?
    edited August 2009
    Ace_Hole;2950833 said:

pedal broken...

The PS3 version is wireless.

I'm not sure about the xbox and the wii versions.
  • IndracoIndraco Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Amazon also has it right now for $100 and Prime shipping.

And I think I've heard someone mention a Gamestop was selling for $100 as well.

I'm definitely going to hit one of these deals since I'm sick of my uber-loud drum kit way back from RB1 release. (How many other people have an unbroken RB1 pedals from release?).
  • SnakeBonesSnakeBones Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Kmart also has them for $99
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Ace_Hole;2950833 said:
    pedal broken...

Drums and guitars for RB2 are wireless on all consoles.
    edited August 2009
    This sale ends today for anyone that wants to get RB2 for a good price! :cool:

I bought one yesterday for replacement drums.

Edit: Target will give you a raincheck for the RB2 bundle if they are out of stock. Just make sure you specify which game system you need it for so they will give you the right one.