Two questions

oboewanoboewan Unsigned
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Note that I don't have an XNA account.

1. Do you need an active XNA account to download the charting tools, or just to test/submit songs?

2. If you get an XNA membership, submit songs, and then your membership lapses, do your songs still stay up on the store? If so, do you still get paid? Or, if not, what happens to everyone who bought your song?

Comments

  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited August 2009
    oboewan;2945510 said:
    1. Do you need an active XNA account to download the charting tools, or just to test/submit songs?
    Just to test/submit songs.
    oboewan;2945510 said:
    12. If you get an XNA membership, submit songs, and then your membership lapses, do your songs still stay up on the store? If so, do you still get paid? Or, if not, what happens to everyone who bought your song?
    Yes they stay up and yes you still get paid. Your XNA account will revert from "Premium" to "Registered" when your membership runs out. The account doesn't get deleted.
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    yeah I was actually thinking about that XNA membership lapsing as well. will these songs be available 10-15 years from now?

    I assume most ppl wont have an XNA membership anymore (if you still have to pay)

    what happens in the extreme event MS folds and XNA shuts down?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited August 2009
    iruhlman;2947806 said:
    yeah I was actually thinking about that XNA membership lapsing as well. will these songs be available 10-15 years from now?

    I assume most ppl wont have an XNA membership anymore (if you still have to pay)

    what happens in the extreme event MS folds and XNA shuts down?
    Then obviously they can't pay you anymore, now can they? Think about the average life cycle of a video game system.

    15 years ago was 1994, the heyday of the Super Nintendo, long before Microsoft got into the gaming console business. Are you still playing games on your Super Nintendo? No? What makes you think you'll still be playing on your Xbox 360 in 15 years? :)
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I know a lot of people playing games on their Super Nintendo, actually.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited August 2009
    MarsPhoenix;2948110 said:
    I know a lot of people playing games on their Super Nintendo, actually.
    That really wasn't the point, it was just a completely arbitrary example :p
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    davidshek;2949383 said:
    That really wasn't the point, it was just a completely arbitrary example :p
    Maybe you should have used Atari instead?

    I kid. :p
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    davidshek;2947988 said:
    Then obviously they can't pay you anymore, now can they? Think about the average life cycle of a video game system.

    15 years ago was 1994, the heyday of the Super Nintendo, long before Microsoft got into the gaming console business. Are you still playing games on your Super Nintendo? No? What makes you think you'll still be playing on your Xbox 360 in 15 years? :)
    Um actually I still do as well, lol
    I collect all game systems, I play my PS2 way more than my PS3 for example. ;)

    I dont see Xbox going anywhere, nor do I see itunes or the Rock Band store and network going anywhere either. In the extreme event of my example happening, I'm sure HMX would step in and take over the duties of the XNA or change how the system works. maybe not.. but after a few years I only assume the RBN will have 1,000's of tracks available. HMX won't just shut that down. A game systems life cycle has changed ever since MS programmed the xbox to be upgraded thru software (NXE). I've already read on xbox forums a bit about XNA will be included with the next Xbox system to a certain extent, this way a PC wouldn't be needed. But thats all just here say.

    I guarantee as long as MS transfers your Live profile to each new game system, alot of us will be playing on an Xbox or whatever its called 15 years from now. You do realize this was MS primary focus with inventing the achievement system no? Gaming today isn't even remotely close to what it was 15 years ago thanks to the internet.

    Not real sure why the attitude in your response? Or maybe I'm just viewing it that way....
Sign In or Register to comment.