Two Questions

raphael0729raphael0729 Unsigned
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Question 1: How do we get paid? I know that it is through XNA, but how does it work?

Question 2: When Harmonix says we have to prove that we own the rights to the song, how do we do that if we DON'T own the rights to the song but are just putting it in for unsigned bands?

I appreciate the help.

Comments

• SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    1. Using the same setup as XNA. Don't have the link handy, though search for the most recent posts by ImaCarrot and you'll find it.

2. By obtaining a legal copyrights licensing agreement from the artist.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Phr34k, I heard that you guys will get tokens that would be used to distribute our song for free to whomever you gave that token to, and that you get around 50 of them per song, or so. Now, while it makes sense that you'd give the artists each one token (So one for the guitarist, drummer, bassist, vocalists, etc.), do we get the entire stash of tokens that you guys recieve, too, so that we can give out our songs free to friends, through contests, etc? I kinda wanted to do that, so I was just wondering.

And secondly, do we (The artists) get to see our content before it's published, so we can see if we notice any mistakes? For example, would you guys allow Terrorhorse to 'approve' your charting before you submitted it to RBN?

(By the way, I mentioned them because I noticed a typo, "Beter", in the preview lyrics. Whoops!)
    edited August 2009
    As I stated before, we do not get tokens for song downloads. Also, the video had a disclaimer stating that it was not a final version of the song.
  • MeatmuppetMeatmuppet Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    how did these people get a song into a RB format? Is it a beta or something?
    edited August 2009
    The RockBand Network is in Closed Beta right now.