Lego Rock Band song predictions.

Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
With LRB being confirmed as exportable, anyone wanna take bets on songs that will be on the setlist? (besides the ones confirmed of course.)
Please have some reasoning behind your songs. No Ultimate Setlist material here.

My predictions:
"Time of the Season"- The Zombies
We recieved two of their songs, but not their biggest single. Much like Tom Petty, I'm sure this is the classic case of 2 DLC, 1 on disc.

"Zombie"- The Cranberries
We recieved Linger over the equally popular and infinitely more fun to play Zombie. I highly doubt HMX would license one without the other, and it seems like a good song for this game (with the whole challenges aspect of the game, they could have a lego zombie or something).

"Somebody to Love"- Jefferson Airplane
Again, I doubt HMX licensed just one song from them. This is a pretty recognizable song, and would be fun to play for children and adults both.

Of course, any of these songs could show up in RB3 instead.

Comments

• SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    acidicthought8;2969182 said:
    Umm, guessing songs is Ultimate Setlist material.

-Edit- Also, Lego is still only rumored. There hasn't been anything official from HMX, just the leak.
    your kidding right?
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Skittles;2969205 said:
    your kidding right?
    Kidding about what?
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    acidicthought8;2969182 said:
    Umm, guessing songs is Ultimate Setlist material.

-Edit- Also, Lego is still only rumored. There hasn't been anything official from HMX, just the leak.
    Wait! There are rumors of a Lego Rock Band? The humanity!

So I'd say Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol and Burning Down the House - Talking Heads for the same reason as your predictions.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    That article was published on Wired.com

It's official!
    edited August 2009
    acidicthought8;2969221 said:
    Kidding about what?
    have you been living under a rock?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Rock_Band
    yeah its really only rumored
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Skittles;2969241 said:
    have you been living under a rock?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Rock_Band
    yeah its really only rumored
    Actually, it was a mistake on my part. I meant to say Lego Export.... Editing my OP.... :o
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Kidmitt;2969227 said:

So I'd say Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol and Burning Down the House - Talking Heads for the same reason as your predictions.
    While those could both be true, both of those artists had songs on RB2 as well. So it could have been a case of HMX licensing a Talking Heads six pack and deciding to put Psycho Killer on disc. Although it is odd that they left out Burning Down the House.
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Eaten by a Grue
    edited August 2009
    Mister_Derp;2969146 said:
    "Zombie"- The Cranberries
    We recieved Linger over the equally popular and infinitely more fun to play Zombie. I highly doubt HMX would license one without the other, and it seems like a good song for this game (with the whole challenges aspect of the game, they could have a lego zombie or something).
    This is one of my favourite songs ever! Haha, I hope you're right about this prediction :P.
    acidicthought8;2969250 said:
    Actually, it was a mistake on my part. I meant to say Lego Export.... Editing my OP.... :o
    Man, I read your other post and I was like "Woah, what? Have you been living under a rock?" Glad to hear you haven't.
  • AxlitisAxlitis Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Marilyn Manson - "The Beautiful People"
    Weezer - "Island in the Sun" or "Beverly Hills"
    Talking Heads - "Burning Down the House"
    Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast and the Harlot"
    Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
  • bootz0rsbootz0rs Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Axlitis;2969277 said:

This, though my senses are leading more towards Beverly Hills than Island in the Sun.

Wouldve been Buddy Holly but we already have that.
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Axlitis;2969277 said:
    Marilyn Manson - "The Beautiful People"
    Talking Heads - "Burning Down the House"
    Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast and the Harlot"
    Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
    somehow i really doubt most of marilyn mansons music will ever be on lego:rock band
  • Rise 2 FallRise 2 Fall Opening Act
    edited August 2009
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited August 2009
    Dancing with my self.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2009
    This'd be a good game for a few bands to make a comeback:

B-52's - Rock Lobster
    Devo - Whip It
    Kiss - Rock And Roll All Night
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get
    The Go-Go's - Vacation

Also, I won't make specific song guesses, but here are some bands that seem likely to me, based on the sort of songs they produce:

All-American Rejects (Swing Swing?)
    Barenaked Ladies (One Week?)
    Journey (Separate Ways? Stone In Love? I dunno)
    R.E.M. (It's the End of the World as We Know It?)
    Freezepop (Science Genius Girl?)

Also, while not a returning Rock Band artist, Joe Esposito's "You're The Best" (from The Karate Kid) would be a great fit for this game
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Actually, seeing the way things are working with that setlist, combined with the way it'd work with RB2:

B-52's - Rock Lobster (We've had a semi-confirmation of more of them, it's an incredibly recognizable song, and pretty fun to play)
    Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla (It's, again, one of their most recognizable songs, and would finish off a tour challenge as their third song)
    R.E.M. - (It's The) End of the World As We Know It (Seriously, I hate to use the "very popular hit, not yet in RB, would round off a challenge" card, but it fits SO WELL with SO MANY SONGS)
  • avalanchefan84avalanchefan84 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Peter Gabriel- "Sledgehammer" - a popular song by someone who hasn't been in RB yet plus they could have construction workers breaking blocks with sledgehammers.

Weezer- "Island in the Sun"- I would have guessed Pork and Beans would have been the Weezer song for this game but it came as dlc. There are plenty of lego sets that involve palm trees and boats so they could incorporate that into the background.

Sammy Hagar- "I Can't Drive 55"- Im not sure if there is already an opening song for this game but it would fit with the car openings the regular rockband games get.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Paramore - Misery Business
    Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
    Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
    Ramones - Rock N Roll High School
    Weezer - Beverly Hills
    R.E.M. - (It's The) End of the World As We Know It
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
    Talking Heads - Burning Down the House

And I think we'll see tracks from Nirvana, The White Stripes, Pantera, Talking Heads, Korn and The Raconteurs. Well maybe not a few of those but Iggy Pop, Elton John and Tom Petty are already in.
  • Luur32Luur32 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Nirvana - Rape Me

general idiocy aside, I like the R.E.M song. Itd be a pretty good one for Lego
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2009
    why yes I would

Also, you can count all of these bands out from being in Lego.

Reason being we got the newly leaked songs from the GH5 comparison chart, so we know all of the songs we're getting from the GH5 bands for the next few months.

3 Doors Down
    A Perfect Circle
    AFI
    Arctic Monkeys
    Attack! Attack!
    Band Of Horses
    Beastie Boys
    Beck
    Billy Idol
    Billy Squier
    Bob Dylan
    Brand New
    Bush
    Children of Bodom
    Coldplay
    Darker My Love
    Darkest Hour
    Deep Purple
    Dire Straits
    Duran Duran
    Eagles Of Death Metal
    Elliott Smith
    Face to Face
    Garbage
    Gorillaz
    Gov't Mule
    Grand Funk Railroad
    Iron Maiden
    Jeff Beck
    Jimmy Eat World
    John Mellencamp
    Johnny Cash
    King Crimson
    Kings of Leon
    KISS
    Love & Rockets
    Megadeth
    Motley Crue
    Muse
    My Morning Jacket
    Nirvana
    No Doubt
    Peter Frampton
    Public Enemy Featuring Zakk Wylde
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Rammstein
    Rose Hill Drive
    Rush
    Santana
    Scars On Broadway
    Screaming Trees
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Sonic Youth
    Spacehog
    Stevie Wonder
    Sublime
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    The Bronx
    The Derek Trucks Band
    The Duke Spirit
    The Killers
    The Raconteurs
    The Rolling Stones
    The Sword
    Thin Lizzy
    Thrice
    TV on the Radio
    Weezer
    Wild Cherry
    Wolfmother
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Burning Down The House - Talking Heads (odd omission from Talking Heads pack - most well-known song by them and fits in with general theme of building/destroying things).

Shiny Happy People - R.E.M. (Legos are a kind of shiny, happy person, right? If not, ITEOTWAWKI (AIFF) or Stand are possibilites).

Dashboard - Modest Mouse (fun modern indie track - if Float On weren't already in RB2 I would have said that)

DARE - Gorillaz (to me, anyway, an odd omission from the Gorillaz pack - could find its way into L:RB)

Rock Lobster - B-52s (A B-52s song was promised over a year ago in an interview with Fred Schneider - L:RB seems a good platform for more B-52s to be released).
    edited September 2009
    Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like a Lady)
    Cheap Trick - I Want you to Want Me (Live)
    Franz Ferdinand - No You Girls
    Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
    The Killers - Somebody Told Me
    Michael Jackson - Dont Stop 'Til You Get Enough
    Rick James - Super Freak
    Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
    Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Life
    U2 - Vertigo
    Weezer - Island in the Sun
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
    The Who - The Kids Are Alright
    most of it, just hopeful wishing, some of them might actually get a place in LRB
  • xXZeroOverrideXxxXZeroOverrideXx Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    harveyglobetrot;2971327 said:

Rock Lobster - B-52s (A B-52s song was promised over a year ago in an interview with Fred Schneider - L:RB seems a good platform for more B-52s to be released).
    I'm betting on Love Shack. It's always played at our dances at school, and it's more well known by our generation. (thats up for debate thanks to Family Guy)
    But I would prefer Rock Lobster.
  • LynchedLynched Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    "Zombie"- The Cranberries?

It's for kids do you know what zombie is about,war, what did you think the phrase "in your head" meant shes refering to getting shot in the head. But theres a chance it could be in it but still.
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    "Dreams" would be a great Cranberries song for LRB
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Lynched;2972427 said:

It's for kids do you know what zombie is about,war, what did you think the phrase "in your head" meant shes refering to getting shot in the head. But theres a chance it could be in it but still.
    Exactly.

I don't know why people are still predicting teen to adult material for a songlist that is aimed at KIDS. CHILDREN, people.

Kids are NOT going to sing about death, about sex (explicit or suggestive), about drugs, about booze or any of that stuff. And they're not going to sing sad songs or slow songs.

PEPPY, people! Think PEP
    wheeeeee
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Given the nature of LEGOs...."Love Shack" seems more appropriate than "Rock Lobster" if you think the B-52s will have more songs.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Lynched;2972427 said:

True, it's a protest song about violence, but I don't think it has anything to do with getting shot in the head. And I wouldn't necessarily rule it out, kids (and adults) would have a ton of fun with this song.
    A lot of the other predictions on here make a lot of sense though, I'd love to see songs like Rock Lobster and Vacation. Whip It, something by Journey, One Week all make a lot of sense too...
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    cherokeesam;2972463 said:
    Exactly.

I don't know why people are still predicting teen to adult material for a songlist that is aimed at KIDS. CHILDREN, people.

Kids are NOT going to sing about death, about sex (explicit or suggestive), about drugs, about booze or any of that stuff. And they're not going to sing sad songs or slow songs.

PEPPY, people! Think PEP
    wheeeeee
    Pardon the ignorance, but isn't Monster about drugs/booze?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;2972759 said:
    Given the nature of LEGOs...."Love Shack" seems more appropriate than "Rock Lobster" if you think the B-52s will have more songs.
    My thinking was that Rock Lobster is a whimsical song where Love Shack is a bit "suggestive" for a kids game, but I could see them overlooking that and using the more popular song.

Also, I'm personally hoping that they save Love Shack for a game with 3-part harmonies, since it's really not the full experience if you don't have multiple vocalists on that song.
  • RegulusRegulus Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Apparently theres a part where you summon rain to destroy a robot, so i am crossing my fingers that the song you play is Rusted From The Rain by Billy Talent.