No RBN in Germany because of XNA? We are supported by XNA!

samqwesamqwe Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216301.html

In this interview (Aug 27, 2009), LoPiccolo states (at the very end) that the RBN will not be available in Germany as the only country in Europe. The given reason is that Germany is not supported by the XNA, but in fact, Germany was added to the supported countries on the 24th July.
Was Mr. LoPiccolo misinformed or is there another reason why there will be no RBN in Germany?

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited September 2009
    They probably were just misinformed at the moment.
  • samqwesamqwe Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Well then I hope HMX finds out about this early enough so we get the RBN in November, too. I would write them an email but I'm not sure if I have the right address cause last time nobody wrote back.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2009
    I would like to have an answer to this as well. I mean, I live in Austria, not Germany, but I have no idea if our country supports XNA or not. Also what has XNA to do with the RBN Store anyway?
  • samqwesamqwe Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Coldplayer;2993618 said:
    I would like to have an answer to this as well. I mean, I live in Austria, not Germany, but I have no idea if our country supports XNA or not. Also what has XNA to do with the RBN Store anyway?
    Austria is not on the list (http://creators.xna.com/en-US/membership), but I think you are right, the XNA has nothing to do with the RBN Store.
    It seems like no one really knows how this will turn out, but then again why would LoPiccolo make such a statement?
    This is really important for me since I'm working for Rhythm Authors.
  • Vyse86Vyse86 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Well you do need an XNA account to make RBN songs, and because of that I never expected to see the RBN from the day it was announced. I considered the possibility when Indie Games started popping up on the German marketplace, but didn't get any hopes up, and apparently I was right about it.

The reason is probably that they started planning this way earlier. Deals were made with bands to contribute to the RBN Store, and this probably happened way before July 24th. They still need some kind of publishing rights, so they might have decided to ditch Germany to save some money. He says in the same sentence that they are looking to expand the territories, but I won't count on it because Germany would be very insignificant to the sales figures, so they don't really have to care.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2009
    So, WAIT. That means I won't get RBN and it's songs? I will not be able to download the Main Drag songs or anything else? Or does it have something to do with the XBL account? (So if I would use an US account I could download the songs?)

I just don't get it.
  • samqwesamqwe Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    That doesn't make sense, we all knew that you have to be a US resident to get YOUR songs in the Network, but not if you want to buy songs. Usual DLC is available everywhere, why would they make the RBN Store exclusive? They don't save money, they make less money cause every paid download gives HMX/Microsoft 70%.

@Vyse86: Most of your arguments are pointless, I guess you did not really inform yourself about the RBN yet.