Lego Rock Band: Can you export every song, and for how much?

dsan224dsan224 Rising Star
edited September 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
To export 55 out of the 58 Rock Band tracks onto Rock Band 2 it was $4.99. For Lego Rock Band, can you export ALL of the songs onto Rock Band 2? And if you can, how much do you think it will be? If it's cheap and you can export all, I will probably rent it, play it a little, export the songs, then send it back. It's like getting a really really cheap track pack.

Comments

  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited August 2009
    :rolleyes:

    let's all be cheapskates and do this ......:rolleyes:

    I expect there to be a one time export like the track packs to curb all the would be clever pirates
  • dsan224dsan224 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Transbrak;2969856 said:
    :rolleyes:

    let's all be cheapskates and do this ......:rolleyes:

    I expect there to be a one time export like the track packs to curb all the would be clever pirates
    Hmmm... Well then I SHALL RENT IT FIRST!!! You know I shouldn't have even posted this topic. It will give other people ideas to rent it before me!!!!
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited August 2009
    dsan224;2969868 said:
    Hmmm... Well then I SHALL RENT IT FIRST!!! You know I shouldn't have even posted this topic. It will give other people ideas to rent it before me!!!!
    You don't have to worry about me, I'm not a thief and like to support good games to encourage them to make more.
  • imdwalrus05imdwalrus05 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Transbrak;2969903 said:
    You don't have to worry about me, I'm not a thief and like to support good games to encourage them to make more.
    Technically, the export doesn't require you to be exporting YOUR songs. That doesn't excuse the practice, though, and I plan on buying the game (or getting it as a birthday present, since it comes out a few days before mine).

    It wouldn't surprise me if the export system was code-based, anyway - like the track packs all are.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited August 2009
    We couldn't export all of Rock Band 1 because HMX had to re-license everything after the fact when they released Rock Band 2. I bet that going into Lego: Rock Band, they made sure that all bands involved were alright with normal exports, since they knew it would be an issue from the beginning.

    I will be very surprised if any songs don't export, but I'd love to know what the export fee is.
  • dsan224dsan224 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Transbrak;2969903 said:
    You don't have to worry about me, I'm not a thief and like to support good games to encourage them to make more.
    Hey... I bought the RB2 bundle as well as a ton of DLC. I LOVE HARMONIX!!!
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    imdwalrus05;2969942 said:
    Technically, the export doesn't require you to be exporting YOUR songs. That doesn't excuse the practice, though, and I plan on buying the game (or getting it as a birthday present, since it comes out a few days before mine).

    It wouldn't surprise me if the export system was code-based, anyway - like the track packs all are.
    Hm, it would be pretty smart if HMX made it both code-based AND an export fee. Then they'd get new game sales and an export fee to help cover licensing.

    Doing just a export key code would make it too easy to just pass around and pay only a tiny amount to export. That couldn't be good for sales of a brand-new release...not to mention it's a pretty crappy way of supporting a company putting out product you love.

    I'd be fine with just a manual code though :p You're still buying new that way and supporting the devs.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    This really didn't need another thread, not confirmed yet, but I hope exportability is more similar to GH's strategy or even better, that way the schmucks that only rent the game to export, can't!
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    dsan224;2969822 said:
    To export 55 out of the 58 Rock Band tracks onto Rock Band 2 it was $4.99. For Lego Rock Band, can you export ALL of the songs onto Rock Band 2? And if you can, how much do you think it will be? If it's cheap and you can export all, I will probably rent it, play it a little, export the songs, then send it back. It's like getting a really really cheap track pack.
    Jesus? really? Are these your questions?

    And way to describe stealing so nicely. I am guessing each disc comes with one export code...So good luck on getting that via gamefly or something...
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    dsan224;2969868 said:
    Hmmm... Well then I SHALL RENT IT FIRST!!! You know I shouldn't have even posted this topic. It will give other people ideas to rent it before me!!!!
    If they are smart, the code will not be shipping with or given with rented games...
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited August 2009
    dsan224;2969996 said:
    Hey... I bought the RB2 bundle as well as a ton of DLC. I LOVE HARMONIX!!!
    And that excuses you stealing the lego songs how?
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    If you can in fact export the songs to your HD I would assume it would be in the ballpark of the price it was for RB 1 songs, so approx. $5
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I have a feeling it's a one time code, only because it's like, a new game coming out. With RB1, it was already old, so they could make it without a code. I also think it might be possible to have to pay also. Maybe you put in a code, and to actually use it, you may need to pay a fee, possibly?
  • imdwalrus05imdwalrus05 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    geo2n2;2970010 said:
    Hm, it would be pretty smart if HMX made it both code-based AND an export fee. Then they'd get new game sales and an export fee to help cover licensing.

    Doing just a export key code would make it too easy to just pass around and pay only a tiny amount to export. That couldn't be good for sales of a brand-new release...not to mention it's a pretty crappy way of supporting a company putting out product you love.

    I'd be fine with just a manual code though :p You're still buying new that way and supporting the devs.
    If it is an export fee and a code together, I'm thinking the fee will be minimal, and the code will only be there to discourage people from rent-'n-rip. Harmonix hasn't gone out of their way to try and screw us over yet, and I doubt that they're going to begin doing it now.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited August 2009
    I hope its a one time code method - it means HMX and TT get more money for their efforts. Even as a full price retail game with a small fee perhaps attached to export it will still be value for money and lets face it who now isnt tempted to buy the game JUST to get access to goodness knows how many awesome tracks for Rock Band 2 play afterwords.

    The best of it is the setlist actually is awesome now with Queen, Police and Iggy Pop for example on board - with Pink, Sum 41 and Ghostbusters theme all in there i was thinking it a great setlist but a bit childish for me even though thats what the setlist was aiming at but now i think ALL ages can really love this game or failing that love the setlist which they can play on Rock Band 2 instead.

    I also now support a Lego Rock Band 2 haha
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I'm guessing a one time code since it's a new title and they want to make their money on actual sales. They'd be pretty dumb to allow people access to the songs for five or ten dollars while the game is in cycle.

    It doesn't change much to us. Just like the AC/DC pack, buy it, go home, register the code, sell it back to the store with the disc untouched for like 60% of the price. Barely more expensive than a rental + export key, and pretty much the same amount of trouble.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Once again, I ask how Sayburr can stand putting all that effort forth to compile info in one thread when nobody's going to bother using it.

    You should be ashamed OP.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Transbrak;2969856 said:
    :rolleyes:

    let's all be cheapskates and do this ......:rolleyes:

    I expect there to be a one time export like the track packs to curb all the would be clever pirates
    :rolleyes:

    HMX Devs actually suggested renting RB1 and exporting it into RB2 last year.

    No piracy involved. Hop off that high horse.
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Ugh. Idiots that were clamoring for LEGO to be exportable are now clamoring to know the price and details before they jump in. No wonder HMX never tells us anything...
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited September 2009
    Regardless of how much the export cost will be, the game will be substantial enough on its own to warrant the price tag and my interest in it.

    I want 8/20 songs already and the setlist isn't even near completion. Pretty good odds if you ask me.

    "Never Tell me the Odds." ~ Han Solo
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Ehfahq;2972389 said:
    :rolleyes:

    HMX Devs actually suggested renting RB1 and exporting it into RB2 last year.

    No piracy involved. Hop off that high horse.
    Although by that point most people who wanted RB1 already had it, and HMX likely already made about as much money as they could from it. It was old, and RB2 decreased its value substantially.

    Lego Rock Band is a brand new, full-valued game. If HMX encouraged renting to export in this case, they would receive horrible returns.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Kidmitt;2972897 said:
    Although by that point most people who wanted RB1 already had it, and HMX likely already made about as much money as they could from it. It was old, and RB2 decreased its value substantially.

    Lego Rock Band is a brand new, full-valued game. If HMX encouraged renting to export in this case, they would receive horrible returns.
    I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. We dont know how its going to export, yet we have somebody screaming that we are thieves.

    Im going to wait. If I can rent and export I will.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited September 2009
    dsan224;2969822 said:
    To export 55 out of the 58 Rock Band tracks onto Rock Band 2 it was $4.99. For Lego Rock Band, can you export ALL of the songs onto Rock Band 2? And if you can, how much do you think it will be? If it's cheap and you can export all, I will probably rent it, play it a little, export the songs, then send it back. It's like getting a really really cheap track pack.
    Translation:

    Iz can haz fere s0gns!!111!one11

    Iz no supp0rt hamronix.

    That is honestly despicable. There's a lot of effort put into these games.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    whofan;2973110 said:


    That is honestly despicable.
    I got the idea from a HMX dev.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Ehfahq;2973115 said:
    I got the idea from a HMX dev.
    For Lego Rock Band? Or RB1?

    RB1 is a different animal, because they had made their money off of it by the time RB2 came out and the focus was on profits from RB2, RB1 was an afterthought at that point.

    Lego Rock Band is a whole new game, with a tonne of work thrown in. If you do what you are proposing to do, you are not only devaluing the hard work put into it not only by HMX but by TT too, but you are also showing that you do not truly support HMX in their endeavours.

    Honestly, even proposing this is disgusting. I can slightly more justify (but only slightly, I still can't totally support it) the Track Packs, because of their nature (most of the money would be made upon DLC release anyways), but for a full-fledged game that has taken countless man-hours to produce, what you are proposing is no better than shoplifting the game.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Must we devulge into the morality of renting v. owning games to export for the 3,259th time?
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    cutmaclass;2972416 said:
    Ugh. Idiots that were clamoring for LEGO to be exportable are now clamoring to know the price and details before they jump in. No wonder HMX never tells us anything...
    It's a message board. People have a right to ask, if they get an answer or not is another story. Maybe you should get off your high horse and calm down a little bit.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited September 2009
    When the forum is actively promoting it?

    Yes, we must, if we just turn our backs to the issue, we're just as guilty as those doing it.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    whofan;2973143 said:
    For Lego Rock Band?
    I dont know how the Lego game will export.
    whofan;2973143 said:
    even proposing this is disgusting.
    I got the idea came from a HMX dev.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Ehfahq;2973159 said:
    I dont know how the Lego game will export.




    I got the idea came from a HMX dev.
    You seem to have missed the bulk of my message, please go back and read it. Return here when you can compose something more than a 9 word response. Preferably something that makes sense.
Sign In or Register to comment.