Analog master stems to Digital

Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Sup guys,

So I was wondering if you guys can help me out with this. I've been getting this message a lot
One problem I see is getting the original tracks to you. These were all recorded before we started tracking to Pro Tools. So, all the original tracks are on 2" tape. Even if I can find the masters it would cost studio time to transfer the tracks to a digital format. Have you encountered this problem with others? Any ideas on how we can proceed?
Can you guys give me some suggestions on what I can do about this? Are there places that can do this? Where are these places?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited August 2009
    Alvarado6411;2970149 said:
    Can you guys give me some suggestions on what I can do about this? Are there places that can do this? Where are these places?
    The places that can do this would be music studios. But not most home studios, they won't have the equipment to read 2" master tapes (usually ADAT format).

Call around to some local music studios, they should have both ADAT and digital setups and be able to transfer stems between them.

You could try some mastering houses too, a lot of them will have that equipment as well.