Get Lego Rock Band for Half Price (360)

dgiles79dgiles79 Opening Act
edited September 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
For those of you planning on getting The Beatles Rock Band and Lego Rock Band for the 360, you may want to pre-order them now from Best Buy. They are running a buy one get one 50% off on 360 games.

This way you can get Lego RB for only $25.

Just wanted to share for those who are interested.

Comments

  • Mickey BunsMickey Buns Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Nice find, it's alway nice save a buck or two in this endless DLC and new games coming out every other month, thanks for the tip
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    dammit I already preordered from Gamestop
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    If I find out for sure what's going on with the 3 free songs I may pass on those to go that route. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Sambo110Sambo110 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Skittles;2971125 said:
    dammit I already preordered from Gamestop
    Cancel?
  • drag_racerdrag_racer Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Damn...but I have a few problems anyways. I use PS3, already pre-ordered TB:RB from EB Games (only put $5 down), and we won't have a BB until spring 2010
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Lego doesn't seem to be apart of the promotion.
  • dgiles79dgiles79 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    V4Vendetta;2971842 said:
    Lego doesn't seem to be apart of the promotion.
    Were you looking at 360? Its definitely there, as I already did it. Try adding both games to your cart, and the price for Lego will be $25.
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Proof?

    How limited of a time offer is this offer?

    Switch my WWE SVR2010 to best buy and get Lego RB for $25 and then export the songs and probably trade it in at gamestop for the same $25 would be good

    Course that would mean no stone cold steve austin :( and no free t shirt anymore , but free LRB songs I guess lol

    Oh well I probably won't do this offer , I probably would if both games were out right now and it was an in store offer and not online
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Snitsky;2972120 said:
    Proof?

    How limited of a time offer is this offer?

    Switch my WWE SVR2010 to best buy and get Lego RB for $25 and then export the songs and probably trade it in at gamestop for the same $25 would be good

    Course that would mean no stone cold steve austin :( and no free t shirt anymore , but free LRB songs I guess lol

    Oh well I probably won't do this offer , I probably would if both games were out right now and it was an in store offer and not online
    It was in Best Buy's flyer this week, and is advertised by all the 360 games ("50% off 360 game, find out how") on their website. The offer is valid.

    Alas, I'm not getting the deal on the Lego Rock Band disc. It will discount the other discs as part of the sale, but it does not mark down the Lego RB disc to half off.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited September 2009
    For those who have already reserved TB:RB at Gamestop, you can always reserve ANOTHER game (Modern Warfare 2, anyone?) at Best Buy to get the 50% off on L:RB instead.
  • HatTrick924HatTrick924 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2972411 said:
    It was in Best Buy's flyer this week, and is advertised by all the 360 games ("50% off 360 game, find out how") on their website. The offer is valid.

    Alas, I'm not getting the deal on the Lego Rock Band disc. It will discount the other discs as part of the sale, but it does not mark down the Lego RB disc to half off.
    Ya.. Fine print says "Excludes pre-orders."
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    ^ That

    The sale is worthless, the only games in the list are old ones.
  • bigpoppamjbigpoppamj Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    It was for preorders as of 8/31 which is when I ordered 6 games from there. I guess they were flooded with orders for games that haven't come out, so they decided to do away with it.

    It's still a good deal for older games though.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited September 2009
    Links anyone? You could also just not redeem your pre-order at Gamestop. It would be worth it if you only put 5 dollars down like I did. Its actually still a good investment because I get three free songs.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    I tried this earlier on Best Buy's website and it was not discounting any of the pre-orders in my cart. Lego, Beatles, CoD:MW2, none of them.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    dgiles79;2972097 said:
    Were you looking at 360? Its definitely there, as I already did it. Try adding both games to your cart, and the price for Lego will be $25.
    It says right on the page it excludes preorders and it did not give me 50% off for Lego, so I cancelled it....

    I was going to do GH5 and Lego (as I already have TB:RB preordered) because apparently if you guy GH5 you can get GH:VH for free. I buy them all anyway.
  • AmatorAmator Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Both the Country and Classic Rock Track Packs are listed in the promotion if anyone needs those.
  • imdwalrus05imdwalrus05 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Amator;2975388 said:
    Both the Country and Classic Rock Track Packs are listed in the promotion if anyone needs those.
    Not a bad deal, but it is possible to do better than that. FYE had a sale a few months ago (end of May?) where all of their 360 games under $30 were half off. I got Track Pack Volume 2 and the Classic Rock disc for $30 total.

    The Classic Rock disc shipped loose in the case and was scratched to hell, but the download code worked just fine. :D
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    close misinformed topic
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    V4Vendetta;2975517 said:
    close misinformed topic
    Its not misinformed. Its just now out-of-date. This was working last night. I almost placed an order but there wasn't a second title I wanted enough.
  • Gigantor44Gigantor44 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Like others have pointed out...it says in plain english on the page..."Excludes pre-orders.". Even if you wait till Beatles comes out, It will not work till L:RB comes out...in which case I think this "sale" will end by then.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Always for the 360 :\
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited September 2009
    It worked last night, I Bought Arkham Asylum and got The Beatles for 30 bucks.

    They must have changed it today.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Gigantor44;2976599 said:
    Like others have pointed out...it says in plain english on the page..."Excludes pre-orders.". Even if you wait till Beatles comes out, It will not work till L:RB comes out...in which case I think this "sale" will end by then.
    I will hope it is still going next week and do GH5 and Beattles...I will just change my pre-order at Game Crazy to LRB...It is only 50 to begin with, plus the small fee to get the tracks to my Hard Drive...should still come in under 60 or perhaps at 60.

    I just wonder if the get GH5 and then get GH:VH free will still be going.
Sign In or Register to comment.