Do vocals have to be a singer?

TunesimahTunesimah Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Can you map other, vocal-like instruments to it?

If there is a synth that sounds like a choir, could this part be mapped to vocals?

Comments

• xXZeroOverrideXxxXZeroOverrideXx Rising Star
    edited September 2009
  • ScapegoatScapegoat Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Actually I'm sure you could do this?
  • TunesimahTunesimah Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Looking at the tools it, I'm sure it can be done. I'm just wondering if it should be done.

If you have an instrumental song that has a hummable melody, if it would be okay to put that part on the vocals, if it's playable and fun.
  • ScapegoatScapegoat Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, it comes down to playability.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I don't see having a hum-a-long chart to an instrumental song being too fun.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Tunesimah;2971410 said:
    Looking at the tools it, I'm sure it can be done. I'm just wondering if it should be done.

If you have an instrumental song that has a hummable melody, if it would be okay to put that part on the vocals, if it's playable and fun.
    Sure you CAN do that, but will it pass peer review? Most likely not.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2009
    I think if it was a choir, you could do it. So if the synth sounds enough like a choir that the effect is the same, you could probably do that then too. I wouldn't do it for just any instrument, but in your specific case it might be more fun to have that part charted than not, with the lyrics all charted as "Ahh," if that's what it sounds like. Hard to say without hearing the song. I'd say give it a shot, and if the people who play it during the early phases of peer review say it sucks, then remove that part of the chart
  • Sound_IMPSound_IMP Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Being a fan of Enigma's Sadness Part 1, I feel what you are getting at. I'm just not sure that a synth would have enough range or variety like a real chorus can give, But like others here, I would loved to be proved wrong.
  • j0yb0yj0yb0y Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    dah nana na nanah dah nana na nanananah!

boom chuck! booooom CHUCK!

:-)