LEGO Rock Band Exportability on Wii?

FenderYKFenderYK Unsigned
edited September 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
So does anyone know if this will happen? If not what do you think the chances are that HX will enable exporting?

I personally would be so happy to buy it if they can because the setlist is surprisingly amazing. But unless they find a way to enable SDHC I doubt they will.

Comments

• Jayrod1137Jayrod1137 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    The only wii export possibility I can think of would be in a future rock band title. (See? I didn't use the term "Rock Band 3".)
  • jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    umm, LEGO is a future title...
  • nerull7nerull7 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    FenderYK;2971424 said:
    But unless they find a way to enable SDHC I doubt they will.
    SDHC support is confirmed in The Beatles: Rockband to 8gb, so I thing that it will be support in future games.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited September 2009
    Can any games on the platform on the Wii export?

There is your answer.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Flawless;2971999 said:
    Can any games on the platform on the Wii export?

There is your answer.
    GH:WT and Smash Hits. But it isn't being exported in the sense that you burn it from the disc to the game, it's by essentially downloading them as a huge file after putting in the code from the manuals. Like how the Track Packs are exported I believe.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 2009
    kitlerc;2972056 said:
    GH:WT and Smash Hits. But it isn't being exported in the sense that you burn it from the disc to the game, it's by essentially downloading them as a huge file after putting in the code from the manuals. Like how the Track Packs are exported I believe.
    Do track packs export on Wii? I've understood otherwise thus far.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    No, Rock Band Track Packs do not export.

Also, the GH "export" is not an export. On 360 and PS3 you download a massive block of songs, while on Wii you download a bunch of individual files. Also, it's not ALL the songs on disc.

Also...Sayburr's gone to all the trouble of compiling the info. Don't make it be in vain.
  • OnAFridayOnAFriday Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    nerull7;2971970 said:
    SDHC support is confirmed in The Beatles: Rockband to 8gb, so I thing that it will be support in future games.
    When was this confirmed?? And why only 8gb sdhc rather than up to 32gb sdhc?? Link?
  • XeromatrixXeromatrix Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I would like to hope that by November we would be able to import songs to Rock Band 2 (Wii) but Guitar Hero 5 is a brand new game importing songs from old games, Lego Rock Band is a new game that would have to be imported into an old game. The likelihood that there is anything that they can do to change the Wii stigma of "No Exporting. Ever. Period." is slim at best. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll still buy it, the game looks amazing right now.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Guitar Hero is NOT importing...Guitar Hero is downloading disc songs as DLC. Big difference.
    edited September 2009
    Xeromatrix;2972628 said:
    I would like to hope that by November we would be able to import songs to Rock Band 2 (Wii) but Guitar Hero 5 is a brand new game importing songs from old games, Lego Rock Band is a new game that would have to be imported into an old game. The likelihood that there is anything that they can do to change the Wii stigma of "No Exporting. Ever. Period." is slim at best. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll still buy it, the game looks amazing right now.
    EDIT: NINJAD!!

Actually, with GH 5, nothing is being imported/exported for the Wii version. People who purchase GH5 will be able to enter a code that will allow them to DOWNLOAD GH: SH and GH:WT tracks... not import them. So, these tracks are essentially dlc. At least that is my understanding. That said, I can see no reason why Wii players that prucase Lego RB wouldnt be able to enter some kind of promo code in the Wii shop channell that unlocks the content for download...because that is essentially what is happening with GH5.

Of course, I am no expert. Perhaps something needs to change with the actual RB2 game in order for this to work.... but I dont think so.
  • BoondockerBoondocker Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    My guess is that we're going to need a new disc (i.e. RB3) to be able to export anything on the Wii. That's just a guess, of course.

The news that Lego RB will export for the Xbox and PS3 is bittersweet.
  • XeromatrixXeromatrix Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    it may not be specifically importing/exporting, but it's close enough
  • CaptainPastyCaptainPasty Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Importing is not impossible on the Wii, there just needs to be an official method of doing it. I would imagine we will see some solution with the next release in the main RB branch.
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;2972633 said:
    Guitar Hero is NOT importing...Guitar Hero is downloading disc songs as DLC. Big difference.
    Which I wish I could do on RB on my PS3, since I can't delete individual songs after the import.
  • nerull7nerull7 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    OnAFriday;2972595 said:
    When was this confirmed?? And why only 8gb sdhc rather than up to 32gb sdhc?? Link?
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2901973#post2901973
    I thing that in TB:RB they count how big will be full The Beatles song on SD card and probably all TB dlc will fit in 8gb SDHC card.
  • ctkxtremectkxtreme Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'd probably guess we will have to wait for Rock Band 3 to "export" them.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    nerull7;2971970 said:
    That's pretty irrelevant, since people are talking about exporting Lego RB songs for use in RB2. If Lego RB supports SDHC, that's fine, but it won't do you any good for playing the Lego songs in RB2, since RB2 does not support SDHC.
    edited September 2009
    davidshek;2973113 said:
    That's pretty irrelevant, since people are talking about exporting Lego RB songs for use in RB2. If Lego RB supports SDHC, that's fine, but it won't do you any good for playing the Lego songs in RB2, since RB2 does not support SDHC.
    will we be able to play our current dlc in TB:RB? Prolly not I guess.... guess I gotta go back to anxiously awaiting RB3!!
  • garbagedickgarbagedick Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    what we would need on wii is the other way around. if they would let us import rb2 (and 1?) to lego rockband with SDHC support, you'd have alot of rockband wii owners very happy.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    OnAFriday;2973639 said:
    will we be able to play our current dlc in TB:RB? Prolly not I guess.... guess I gotta go back to anxiously awaiting RB3!!
    Nope. TB:RB only works with TB:RB DLC, not regular RB DLC.
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    If I can play my DLC in LRB, I'd be quite happy with that, but I'm not counting on it. And I think importing from RB2 to LRB (or the other way around) is probably not gonna happen.
    edited September 2009
    madillma;2974053 said:
    If I can play my DLC in LRB, I'd be quite happy with that, but I'm not counting on it. And I think importing from RB2 to LRB (or the other way around) is probably not gonna happen.
    naw... I will pass on the "Lego" band experience. I would buy the game just to export/download it's tracks into Rock Band 2 (or 3, which is more likely...)

Then again, I think I remember reading that the Lego RB tracks would be available as dlc down the line, right?
  • ultrastaticultrastatic Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I seriously wanna see the Wii's situation with RB3 & LRB. LRB would have to have SDHC but DLC. If there was an RB3, then of course there would an export/import option.
    For now, lets just take the GH5 insults for a year. Then RB 3 time!
  • FenderYKFenderYK Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    whoa i missed a lot..lol anyways

what does the whole exporting importing thing mean and whats the difference with it, if its DLC for wii?

If you have a 360 and exportimport all the songs from RB to RB2 can you still play Rock Band the single disc by itself? And how does the wii work with all this
    edited September 2009
    OnAFriday;2974279 said:
    naw... I will pass on the "Lego" band experience. I would buy the game just to export/download it's tracks into Rock Band 2 (or 3, which is more likely...)

Then again, I think I remember reading that the Lego RB tracks would be available as dlc down the line, right?
    I'd imagine it'd either be one or the other--the same way they're not offering RB1 songs as DLC.
    edited September 2009
    FenderYK;2977531 said:
    whoa i missed a lot..lol anyways

what does the whole exporting importing thing mean and whats the difference with it, if its DLC for wii?

If you have a 360 and exportimport all the songs from RB to RB2 can you still play Rock Band the single disc by itself? And how does the wii work with all this

Basically, when you export the songs off of the Rock Band 1 disc (on 360/PS3), you're copying the song data (tracks, stems, etc.) from the RB1 disc and converting them onto your console's hard drive for the express purpose of playing them in other Rock Band titles. The RB1 disc is still playable, and deleting RB1 songs from the hard drive will not delete them from the RB1 game--just other games. You can always re-export, however, so if you decide you want that cover of Tom Sawyer after all, go ahead and re-export. The current rumors (and they ARE still rumors, until HMX confirms it officially) is that LEGO Rock Band will do the same.

The Wii didn't have export functionality for RB1; this thread is wondering if and how they're planning to fit something like this into LEGO Rock Band.
  • BlazezBlazez Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Heres how the Wii Could Export

USB Drivers.

70GB of Storage in the back of the wii could be epic
  • ArkaneArkane Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I think HMX will find a solution and will improve the features GH 5 has.