RBN Tracks support the stage kit?

burgerbat3burgerbat3 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I'm digging the whole idea of RBN. Once again, Harmonix is making good on their RB as a platform idea. but I've been wondering, and haven't seen any comment on, is if RBN tracks will have the lights and smoke cues programmed in like normal DLC. I tried searching for an answer on the forums, but I didn't see the question asked. I know the stage kit isn't a huge hit, but Harmonix seems to keep supporting it, and I know mine is a huge hit with friends. Anyone know?

Comments

• JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    They have said that it does NOT support the fog machine, but I have heard nothing about the light box one way or the other. I think that people will have access to it, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    JPSChampagne;2978016 said:
    They have said that it does NOT support the fog machine, but I have heard nothing about the light box one way or the other. I think that people will have access to it, but I'm not 100% sure.
    That's correct. No fog control, but the lights from the Stage Kit use the same animation cues that the in-game stage lights use. So authors will have control over that.

But no fog.
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Here's a hypothetical situation: I go in my song midi and properly code fog on and fog off events. Will Magma then rip them out during the build? Or will Audition simply not use them? Or will they work?
  • edited September 2009
    Magma is a tough cookie. If you were to do that, Magma would explain the ways of your errors and refuse to build your song until you ripped every fog event out.

Magma doesn't mess around.
  • GlassPrisonerGlassPrisoner Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    This seems strange to me. I own the stage kit and it does not seem like there is any rhyme or reason to when the smoke is generated. It apparently (to me) just periodically generates smoke to make sure the room is nice and foggy. The only requirement is that you are actually playing a song.

But I guess I was wrong about that.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I think it's a fog on fog off type of event, and in order to eliminate people smoking out rooms (because as I've heard this thing makes a LOT of fog in a little time), they decided not to allow it. I don't blame them either, because as was stated, not many people have the stage kit so it would be tough to get that kind of thing reviewed in the creators club.

And yes, Magma don't mess around. He'll chew you up and spit you out over and over until you get everything right.
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    HMXEnosity;2978657 said:
    Magma is a tough cookie. If you were to do that, Magma would explain the ways of your errors and refuse to build your song until you ripped every fog event out.

Magma doesn't mess around.
    Oh god, reminds me of my programming days.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited September 2009