LEGO instruments?

DEMON212DEMON212 Opening Act
edited September 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Just wondering why they've not tried to cash in with LEGO themed instruments.

The child in me would buy a Drum set just for the hell of it, lol.

Comments

• Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I agree that would be pretty cool! However wasnt there a statement saying that they arn't making instruments anymore? Or something like that. But anyway i dont think they would make new ones because TB:RB instruments would only have just been released. You never know though they could release a new colour version of the strat or a Lego themed skin or something
  • SheepStampedeSheepStampede Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Slap a sticker on your strat and there you go. :) Not sure how legoish a guitar can really be.

What I was hoping for though was the reverse of the tie-in, Rockband themed lego sets. I'd snatch up a Rockband lego stage with minifig performers in a second. Every other tie-in has had theirs so I can't wait until this one comes out.
  • Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I would LOVE Rockband Themed Lego Sets!
  • bleachedbleached Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    or you can take apart your strat and rebuild it with legos.
  • SubterfugeSubterfuge Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Having spaces on the guitar that actual Lego blocks could connect to would be awesome. Customize your own face plate with Legos!
  • BlazezBlazez Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    GNFfhqwhgads;2981196 said:
    ^Awesome Picture
  • edited September 2009
    I am looking forward to the inevitable Rockband Lego Sets.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Doc_SoCal;2981272 said:
    I am looking forward to the inevitable Rockband Lego Sets.
    That'll definitely be another dorky cube adornment at work when they're out. :D
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I want a guitar made out of legos that functions

Then I'll just play "Fell In Love With a Girl" 24/7
  • edited September 2009
    LordFlatus;2981375 said:
    That'll definitely be another dorky cube adornment at work when they're out. :D
    Desk toys rule!
  • Awesomeness101Awesomeness101 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    One made out of Legos would not work. One that LOOKED like it was made out of legos would. If it was actually made out of Legos, it would fall apart seconds after opening the box.
  • edited September 2009
    Awesomeness101;2981483 said:
    One made out of Legos would not work. One that LOOKED like it was made out of legos would. If it was actually made out of Legos, it would fall apart seconds after opening the box.
    Thats what crazy glue is for.

I am going to crazy glue my deluxe Falcon together if I ever get the nerve to spend 500.00 on a Lego kit.
  • DrEeviilDrEeviil Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I've thought about taking apart one of my controllers and making a LEGO guitar that actually works (for the game). But I'd have to dig my boxes of LEGO out of my storage room. I'm pretty sure I could build one that wouldn't fall apart if handled carefully.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited September 2009
    WHY = They have The Beatles kit coming out that they will want to maximise sales of as well as old Rock Band 1 stock they are clearly wanting cleared out - a Lego kit would detrack both of those kits as well as have ammo for people who diss the games to fire "cash cowing" slander at HMX with.
  • DEMON212DEMON212 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    SheepStampede;2981140 said:
    Slap a sticker on your strat and there you go. :) Not sure how legoish a guitar can really be.

What I was hoping for though was the reverse of the tie-in, Rockband themed lego sets. I'd snatch up a Rockband lego stage with minifig performers in a second. Every other tie-in has had theirs so I can't wait until this one comes out.
    I'd buy one for my kid brother, it'd be for him, honest :rolleyes:
  • KBelangerKBelanger Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    DEMON212;2981109 said:
    Just wondering why they've not tried to cash in with LEGO themed instruments.
    God I hope not! The market (and my living room) is oversaturated with fake plastic instruments! I know the argument is "You don't have to buy them if you don't like them". Truth of the matter is I got on this rythym game bandwagon with GH2 on the PS2 and I've had to updgrade every step of the way, either for feature upgrades or to replace broken hardware. I want quality over quantity.
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I would pay top dollar if I could get my hands on that drum set. *drools* I sure hope they make something LEGO and RB branded.
  • TurboStitchCWTurboStitchCW Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I can't see that picture because flikr is blocked at work...woo hoo military...but could you imaging a cymbal made of legos. The first crash, and every lego piece goes flying. That would be awesome, but a bi*ch to clean up...haha. Just sayin'!
  • 16BitAlex16BitAlex Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Are those functional?
  • Awesomeness101Awesomeness101 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    16BitAlex;2985790 said:
    Are those functional?

lol seriously? Come on, man. Those aren't real. The images are edited.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Awesomeness101;2985810 said:
    lol seriously? Come on, man. Those aren't real. The images are edited.
    They are real, just not functional. They're not edited, LEGO made life-sized LEGO kits for the booth.
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yep I saw them on that stage at comic con. They are just the RB2 instruments with a lego look to them. I think they aren't mass producing them because let's be honest would you buy them over the more realistic looking RB2 instruments?

They are absolutely real. I saw them, saw them played and reached under the little tape thingy and touched the guitar. They aren't really made of legos, but are made to look like they are made of legos.
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Now that I think about it when the "band" played I was a good deal behind the crowd and only assumed that the lego instruments were being played, so while they looked functional maybe they weren't. Although I don't know why they couldn't be because they look just like RB2 instruments with a faux lego exterior.
  • DEMON212DEMON212 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    TurboStitchCW;2985669 said:
    I can't see that picture because flikr is blocked at work...woo hoo military...but could you imaging a cymbal made of legos. The first crash, and every lego piece goes flying. That would be awesome, but a bi*ch to clean up...haha. Just sayin'!
    Could you imagine the call to support?

"Hi, I've broke my drum kit"

"Certanly sir, what make is it?"

"It's the LEGO one"

"Well what the hell did you expect?" *dial tone*

I'd still get one XD
  • captainsamuscaptainsamus Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I will be so dissapointed if The Lego Group doesn't release Rock Band Lego sets...especially since it would be the first licensed Lego game without actual Lego sets to go along with them. I can imagine a few possible sets...

Beaten Down Van Set
    Roadie & Equipment Set
    Tour Bus Set
    Hotel or Dressing Room Set
    Stage Set

There's plenty of ideas they could come up with. At least give us a promo set for preordering!
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited September 2009
    DEMON212;2986542 said:
    Could you imagine the call to support?

"Hi, I've broke my drum kit"

"Certanly sir, what make is it?"

"It's the LEGO one"

"Well what the hell did you expect?" *dial tone*

I'd still get one XD
    Replace "LEGO" with "PS3", "360", or "Wii" and you pretty much hear the same thing. J/K ;)
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Can you imagine playing pain killer or panic attack on drums, and lego blocks hitting you in the face as the they fly off the drum pads! Yeah, I know....Totally awesome!!! The notes cracking and flying away finally makes sense now!

My idea for the lego guitar would be having all the divets, rivets or connection bumps, whatever you wanna call them, all over the body and fret board (except the buttons). The body of the guitar is a small rectangle. The rectangle can support other shaped being locked into the sides with special pieces to make the rectangle into the body of a flying V, or a les paul, or other shapes like the xplorer, etc. It's very doable.
  • PhisioniPhisioni Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'd love if, instead of the little figurines we can get of our characters, we could get Lego figures all dressed up purdy like. With that, there's no reason they couldn't be hella cheap, so I could finally be able to afford a tiny representation of the days I've spent playing.