Song stems

GuitarDude5321GuitarDude5321 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I haven't seen this addressed anywhere yet and I'm too impatient for the official Harmonix documentation! I have a few songs in the pipeline for RBN, super excited to get started!

Would I be importing literally every track into Reaper? For example, background vocals and rhythm guitar during a solo which aren't actual gameplay tracks. Would I keep these as separate tracks or will I need to mix one track that contains all of the extra music that isn't played or sang? So there would be, vocal track, guitar track, bass track, drum track and miscellaneous track with background vox, rhythm guitar, piano, etc. Anyone know?

Comments

• BillyBlaze314BillyBlaze314 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    You're on the right track. You can have up to three tracks for drums, one track for guitar, one track for bass, two for vocals (one without any effects applied), and one track with everything else that is always played.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited September 2009
    You would need to mix the "unused tracks" into one as the background. only the tracks being charted should be isolated.
  • GuitarDude5321GuitarDude5321 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Hmm ok. So as it stands now, my solo guitar is on a separate track than the rhythm guitar. Would I need to edit together the rhythm guitar track and solo track into one track (and also drop out the rhythm guitar that plays during the solo)?
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited September 2009
    GuitarDude5321;2983838 said:
    Hmm ok. So as it stands now, my solo guitar is on a separate track than the rhythm guitar. Would I need to edit together the rhythm guitar track and solo track into one track (and also drop out the rhythm guitar that plays during the solo)?
    Yes, cut the rhythm track being played during the time of the solo. copy the solo and paste it on a guitar track that will be charted .
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    ^ Correct. It's important to make a good lead/rhythm track so when there's no lead, the player can be playing rhythm.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    GuitarDude5321;2983838 said:
    Well you wouldn't drop out the rhythm guitar, you would just move that part over to the background track. That way, the player is playing the guitar solo, but the rhythm guitar is still audible the whole time.