questions... please answer!

shamiesshamies Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
1. i just want to create music not go through a studio and a band do i have the ability to use pre set sounds? (do not tell me to go play gh before you do.)
2. if i can use pre set sounds i dont want to set a price like it says 50 cents to 3$ i just want to share the music not sell it.

3. is there a price for the rock band network its self.

thank you.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Nope, none of the specific RBN tools can actually CREATE music (although some of the software might be able to if you had the samples etc, not sure).

Basically, you can only use music that already exists. Search google for any free music making programs or try free trials of software like Sony Acid or Garageband.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    shamies;2984211 said:
    1. i just want to create music not go through a studio and a band do i have the ability to use pre set sounds? (do not tell me to go play gh before you do.)
    2. if i can use pre set sounds i dont want to set a price like it says 50 cents to 3$ i just want to share the music not sell it.

3. is there a price for the rock band network its self.

thank you.
    RBN is not a music creator of any sorts, it is a system that allows you to create RB game files to go along with songs that already exist and upload them for others to purchase and play.

You can not have anything on the RBN for free. $1, $2 or $3 are the price points.

There is no initial fee to download and play songs, just the price per song like any other DLC. If you want to either create songs and upload them or playtest songs from other people, or both, see this post: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160872#2. The annual XNA fee is $99, and the Reaper license depends on several factors, there are other posts around discussing this.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    shamies;2984211 said:
    make the music with Fruity Loops Studio or ACID, then chart them as if they're drums, guitar, etc. You still have to sell them.