What about just listening to/watching "music videos" in-game?

JHTSeattleJHTSeattle Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I've got it pre-ordered and I've played the demo, but I can't seem to find anything about this...

I'm specifically very interested in being able to just watch the videos HMX has created while listening to the songs, without having the game itself in the way. It'd play like a nice party tracklist, and be something interesting to watch, maybe to have on during get togethers or something. Maybe it'd be nice if the game did that as a "screensaver" after idling for some-odd minutes (akin to how Burnout Paradise's camera just starts panning around through the streets while orchestral music plays).

I think it's awesome what you guys have all done - I just want to celebrate it!

Comments

• TheCulpritTheCulprit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    There's not a feature for it per se....

Just choose Easy/No Fail vocals, make sure the master vocals are turned all the way up (and maybe turn the mic all the way down), and use performance mode to eliminate the scrolling notes/words.

You can just sit back and listen to the song and watch while your fail meter drops quickly into the red (but you don't fail).
  • Blacklight21Blacklight21 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Well you can play as Vocals, no fail, and turn performance mode on(or whatever the equivalent is in TB:RB). That would probably work.

/hifive TheCulprit
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    IIRC, HMX played around with a "jukebox" mode for RB2 (even going so far as to build it out), but I think it was removed due to some unknown (to us) reason. Such as, songs are licensed to be "played" in the game, not just listened to like a jukebox. Probably a royalty thing.
  • JHTSeattleJHTSeattle Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Maybe so - I noticed in the "Here Comes the Sun" video that it's mostly the video, but there is still a score/start in the top right and the performance meter on the left. I was just hoping to have a mode for playing the songs/videos without having to keep coming back to the controller to setup the next song... unless you can create a playlist with all of the songs?
  • ktmasonktmason Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    You bet its a copyright thing! Can you imagine any disco/bar just spending 60 bucks for a disc and just sticking it up on a big screen? Its instant entertainment for their customers! Egads! The money they could save!
    I am sure thats why they didnt do it.

I would LOVE it! I thot of it to....just smo.., er, ..have a beer and sit back...yep, could spend many a evening reliving my youth.
  • MultiBeastMultiBeast Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    There is a way to do this!

In the youtube video that shows off the menu screens, there is an option called "Performance Mode" that takes away the highway and just lets you watch like those song videos they released earlier.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Blacklight21;2985455 said:
    Well you can play as Vocals, no fail, and turn performance mode on(or whatever the equivalent is in TB:RB). That would probably work.

/hifive TheCulprit
    You could do that with any of the instruments, too, if you'd like to just get rid of the other instruments. Turn on no fail and performance mode with the guitar, bass and drums and listen to vocals and background sounds.

You can also use this opportunity to play your own bassline or drum pattern on your own instrument to Beatles music.
  • Blacklight21Blacklight21 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    vcalzone;2985692 said:
    You could do that with any of the instruments, too, if you'd like to just get rid of the other instruments. Turn on no fail and performance mode with the guitar, bass and drums and listen to vocals and background sounds.

You can also use this opportunity to play your own bassline or drum pattern on your own instrument to Beatles music.
    I don't think so, if you are not playing an instrument the instrument drops out, the vocals don't.
  • flynlionflynlion Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Just wondering if any one has discovered a better way to enjoy a "video jukebox" mode now that the game is out?