Help!

DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Help me if you can, I'm feeling down!

Hi, I pre-ordered the bundle and the Gretsh from Amazon.ca, and I took the free shipping. They told me it will arrive the 16th.

I was like "WOW WAYY TOO LATE" so I changed the shipment speed to Priority, which told me it would take 1 to 2 days. Now, they tell me my estimate is the 15th. I paid 30$ more dollars for a day sooner!?

Did I get scammed or something?

Comments

• rad5brandonrad5brandon Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Business my friend, its the one problem with shopping over the internet, the "I want it now!" aspect. If they shipped it early, there is a possibility you could have it early, so they wait until 9-9-9 to start the countdown.
  • Victory10Victory10 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Daytripped;2987273 said:
    Help me if you can, I'm feeling down!

Hi, I pre-ordered the bundle and the Gretsh from Amazon.ca, and I took the free shipping. They told me it will arrive the 16th.

I was like "WOW WAYY TOO LATE" so I changed the shipment speed to Priority, which told me it would take 1 to 2 days. Now, they tell me my estimate is the 15th. I paid 30$ more dollars for a day sooner!?

Did I get scammed or something?
    thats strange , i havent bought much off amazon before but i would suggest contacting amazon and asking maybe they have made a mistake.
  • BillH23BillH23 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    they might have sold out of the intial stock and now he has to wait till they get more in. Why didnt you just order it somewhere else?
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I don't know why people buy it on Amazon. Just pre-order it at a local store like Gamestop or Bestbuy. That way you can get it on the day it comes out
  • Aragorn123Aragorn123 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    SgtRubberRevolver;2987356 said:
    I don't know why people buy it on Amazon. Just pre-order it at a local store like Gamestop or Bestbuy. That way you can get it on the day it comes out
    I have Amazon Prime, so I CAN get it the day it comes out. With Prime, you can select Free Release Date Delivery. So for TB:RB, it will be here on 09/09/09. No tax. No shipping. You even get a few dollars off just because Amazon is awesome.
  • DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    BillH23;2987321 said:
    they might have sold out of the intial stock and now he has to wait till they get more in. Why didnt you just order it somewhere else?
    I pre-ordered it when they were still in stock.
    edited September 2009
    I'm in Canada. Do the math.
  • BillH23BillH23 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Amazon is pretty awesome at times. Like when they have surprise sales on games or live point cards. Wish I would have come up with Amazon I would have a big old mansion soaking it up in a hot tub with my soulmate.lol
  • UnknownsageUnknownsage Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Sometimes you'll get the game early if you preorder it online. :D
  • edited September 2009
    Amazon should have release date delivery. You should have upgraded to that option.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Daytripped;2987390 said:
    I'm in Canada. Do the math.
    Oops, sorry. My mistake. It all makes sense now
  • LlamaactionLlamaaction Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    EB Games is in Canada and I'm getting it on release.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Aragorn123;2987373 said:
    I have Amazon Prime, so I CAN get it the day it comes out. With Prime, you can select Free Release Date Delivery. So for TB:RB, it will be here on 09/09/09. No tax. No shipping. You even get a few dollars off just because Amazon is awesome.
    same here may i ask did yours ship yet??? i have been waiting all week to get notice that mine shipped but, it hasn't im guessing it will ship on Friday so it gets to my house by Wednesday, since monday is a holiday!

But that i havnt gotten the notice of your items are shipping soon im getting a little nervous since i just ordered a mic stand today and it has a 2 day delivery of September 9th
    edited September 2009
    SgtRubberRevolver;2987580 said:
    Oops, sorry. My mistake. It all makes sense now
    Haha lol. :P
  • macca_fanmacca_fan Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.ca.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding regarding the shipping estimates of this order.

We expect to ship this order by the date currently listed in Your Account:September 14, 2009. It should be delivered to you by September 16, 2009 - September 17, 2009.

I understand your concern about the longer delivery estimates, I hope I can explain the reason for you.

We have learned that these items are now back-ordered, and our supplier is not able to tell us exactly when they expect to have more in stock.

Even upgrading the shipment does not change how long it takes us to obtain items and prepare them for shipment; it only reduces the travel time after the order leaves our fulfillment center as an availability estimate indicates that we must order this item from one of our suppliers.

Here's the basic equation we use to determine your delivery date:

(Availability) + (Shipping Time) = Total Delivery Time

We will send you an e-mail to let you know when the order has been shipped. Please feel free to contact us again by visiting the following link if you do not receive this e-mail by September 15, 2009.

with that said, i got the game on pre-order for about $50 cheaper so i'll just suck it up and wait a week or so. it sucks, but whatever..