Reaper and EZdrummer

Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Is Reaper compatible with EZdrummer? If so, how do i set it up?

P.S. I particularly want to use DFH.

Comments

• KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    EZDrummer should work as it has a Mac installer, although I've read that it has some problems with Reaper (crashing). I'm not sure if this is fixed yet. But if you are interested in laying down drum tracks, it does work in Pro Tools for Mac.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    i've used EZdrummer (and DFH) with reaper with no problem.
  • Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Knucklesdude;3003389 said:
    EZDrummer should work as it has a Mac installer, although I've read that it has some problems with Reaper (crashing). I'm not sure if this is fixed yet. But if you are interested in laying down drum tracks, it does work in Pro Tools for Mac.
    I use Windows, not Mac. And i don't have enough money atm for Pro Tools.
    afterstasis;3003392 said:
    i've used EZdrummer (and DFH) with reaper with no problem.
    Instructions plz
    edited September 2009
    Tr1cky Tpr;3003512 said:

Instructions plz
    what are your specific problems?

i deleted EZdrummer in favor of BFD long ago, but i don't remember it being anything more than loading up the VST like normal.
    edited September 2009
    afterstasis;3003605 said:
    what are your specific problems?

i deleted EZdrummer in favor of BFD long ago, but i don't remember it being anything more than loading up the VST like normal.
    What is BFD? And how do you load up the VST again? (Sorry complete idiot here)
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Woahhh, I totally just thought you were using a Mac. *trips* Sorry about that man.
    edited September 2009
    Tr1cky Tpr;3003617 said:
    What is BFD? And how do you load up the VST again? (Sorry complete idiot here)
    BFD is a sample-based virtual percussion instrument, quite similar to EZdrummer.

to load a VST with reaper right-click on the empty panel on the left where tracks normally go and select "insert virtual instrument" (or something to that degree) and then select your instrument.
    it's really simple and basic, so before you get too deep you should definitely spend some time with the manuals. it'll save you a lot of frustration in the end.
    edited September 2009
    afterstasis;3003658 said:
    BFD is a sample-based virtual percussion instrument, quite similar to EZdrummer.

to load a VST with reaper right-click on the empty panel on the left where tracks normally go and select "insert virtual instrument" (or something to that degree) and then select your instrument.
    it's really simple and basic, so before you get too deep you should definitely spend some time with the manuals. it'll save you a lot of frustration in the end.
    EZdrummer isn't in the list... where do i put ezdrummer again?
    edited September 2009
    Tr1cky Tpr;3003692 said:
    EZdrummer isn't in the list... where do i put ezdrummer again?
    make sure the dll file is in your VST folder, which you can change from options/preferences.
    edited September 2009
    afterstasis;3003731 said:
    make sure the dll file is in your VST folder, which you can change from options/preferences.
    Got it. Clicked Auto Detect and worked instantly. Thanks!

Now I have my Drums, i need decent mics for my guitar/bass/vocals...

I should note that i am a one man band, so i don't need a fancy 8-track recorder or something, just now i need to know what to hook myself up with.
    edited September 2009
    Oh, how do you get the Piano Roll up? I prefer to make my own beats...

EDIT: Cancel that, found it.
    edited September 2009
    Tr1cky Tpr;3003761 said:
    Got it. Clicked Auto Detect and worked instantly. Thanks!

Now I have my Drums, i need decent mics for my guitar/bass/vocals...

I should note that i am a one man band, so i don't need a fancy 8-track recorder or something, just now i need to know what to hook myself up with.
    so long as you look for good deals on decent mics and use a USB/firewire unit for recording you'll probably be alright, assuming you can work the mix and aren't expecting a 100% clean, professional sound.

what's your budget and do you have any specific plans/wants/needs?
    edited September 2009
    afterstasis;3003809 said:
    so long as you look for good deals on decent mics and use a USB/firewire unit for recording you'll probably be alright, assuming you can work the mix and aren't expecting a 100% clean, professional sound.

what's your budget and do you have any specific plans/wants/needs?
    Well it ain't too high, i live in UK, and atm the best mic i have (i think) is the one that comes with Rock Band. And i don't know how to use USB mics in Reaper.