"The Making of Sgt. Pepper" documentary is great

mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
It's on VH1 right now, and here's a direct link to it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRr37NxL5qc&feature=PlayList&p=5DBA9214DAD7DD6B&index=0&playnext=1 (it's in multiple parts)

I love seeing George Martin mess around with the separate tracks, hearing certain things individually. And then of course it makes me wonder about how difficult it will be to get the earlier songs out as DLC. But anyway, very cool documentary.

Comments

• soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    dude its awesome. im watching it on tv now
  • AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Just ordered the album on Play, I'm only 17 and never listened to it. So I'm really looking forward to it :)
  • RobondacobRobondacob Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I would like a making of Abbey Road documentary.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited September 2009
    Andyy;3003881 said:
    Just ordered the album on Play, I'm only 17 and never listened to it. So I'm really looking forward to it :)
    You're in for a treat. It's widely considered the greatest album ever made.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Saw this when it was on VH1 Classic the other day.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Watched it when it aired initially (taped it at the time, and now have burned it to DVD). Awesome stuff. It really is fascinating to watch Martin single out tracks and talk about what they did and what is going on at the time.
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Andyy;3003881 said:
    It's amazing. I'm 15 and I listened to it for the first time two or three years ago, and I listened to it every day for a week.
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Dammit, why didn't anyone update me that VH1 was showing other stuff :mad:

;)

Hopefully it's on again later ...

EDIT: Dammit, it's not :mad:

PS: Damn, VH1 shows a lot of crap, don't they?
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    You can watch it all right on youtube, that link up there will take you right to it.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I personally think Sgt. Pepper is good at best, not as godly as everyone claims. I just could never get into Mr. Kite, She's Leaving Home, or When I'm Sixty Four. I don't really like WYWY without Tomorrow Never Knows mixed with it. Other than that, it's pretty good.
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3004465 said:
    You can watch it all right on youtube, that link up there will take you right to it.
    Yeah I know, I just prefer watching things on TV so I can use closed captioning. Oh, and my TV is a lot bigger than my computer monitor. Oh well, I'll somehow find the strength to carry on.
  • WildSubnetWildSubnet Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;3003979 said:
    You're in for a treat. It's widely considered the greatest album ever made.
    It was a ground breaking album. And I listened to it again last night so I have it fresh in my head and can say this with certainty...

It's not even the best Beatles album (which to me is a toss up between Abbey Road and Rubber Soul). It's a very good album, though. When I was younger I couldn't appreciate Within/Without You. Now however, I think it is one of the more interesting tracks...
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Well you have to look at it when it came out. It was so different at the time it came out. Now we've had more unusual albums come out and SGT Peppers has been there for most of us our whole lives, but if you compare it to other music of the time it's really a big deal.

But honestly I can think of about 4 Beatles albums that I like more.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    It's pretty amazing that it's widely regarded as the greatest album of all-time yet MANY people could find multiple Beatles albums that they would consider just as good if not better:

Rubber Soul
    Revolver
    White Album
    Abbey Road

I mean....come on. NO ONE comes even close to sniffing this band's brilliance.
  • FlybirdFlybird Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I used to be in the same boat as some of these people. I didn't think Sgt. Pepper wasn't that amazing. It was bottom of the barrel for me, and I only really liked A Day In the Life.

Then one day, it just "clicked". Even though I listened to it countless times before, at that exact moment I just went "OH MY GOD THIS ALBUM IS PERFECTION WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE???"

Now it's my 2nd favorite Beatles albums, right after Abbey Road.
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I would like to see "Making of" docs for each album as well. At least the big ones. They need to do it before George Martin passes on. Maybe these mini-docs on the new cd's will serve this purpose.
  • edited November 2009
    I watched it today and was going to create a post .. lucking
    i searched "Making Sgt Pepper" first :)

I will admit I am looking more forward to Rubber Soul, but the pepper dlc will be awesome i reckon.

I'm still loving TB:RB .. play it everyday for at least an hour.

Currently moving from HARD to EXPERT ... got tier 1 and 2 down.

The Beatles live on in this amazing interactive experience.
  • blmeanieblmeanie Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    awesome, thanks for posting the link