The worst artist of the modern music scene?

afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
edited September 2009 in History of Rock
since brokencyde will probably be mentioned in every other post and i suspect they'll be gone within a few years i'm gonna have to go with kid rock.

Comments

• supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Aside from brokencyde, Attack Attack! and ICP.
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Kings of Leon
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited September 2009
    I don't see this going well.
  • SquaretrianglesSquaretriangles Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    inb4nickelback
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    N B 4 Disneykids.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited September 2009
    T-Pain or Lil' Wayne, and any artist that uses autotune. It's not the principle of it that annoys me, it's just that the sound of the program when it changes pitch really bugs me.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Way too broad of a "scene" with countless goober bands or "artists" that Ive never bothered listening to... and never will.

Hence my opinion holds no validity. Thats why Im going with "The Beatles" their music charts do not feature neo classical guitar sweep picking arpeggios and death metal blast beats. What a dumb band, Im gonna stick to Dragonforce and Rush.
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Millionaires.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited September 2009
  • CommonCriminalCommonCriminal The Stork Whisperer
    edited September 2009
    Flo Rida and all the terrible rap/hip hot artists.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Millionaires inb4Dragonforce
  • SquaretrianglesSquaretriangles Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3004190 said:
    Way too broad of a "scene" with countless goober bands or "artists" that Ive never bothered listening to... and never will.

Hence my opinion holds no validity. Thats why Im going with "The Beatles" their music charts do not feature neo classical guitar sweep picking arpeggios and death metal blast beats. What a dumb band, Im gonna stick to Dragonforce and Rush.
    :mad:

Dragonforce can't be compared to Rush. EVAR.

/fanboyism
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to have to second Kid Rock. Kid Rock is an embodiment of two things I absolutely hate: white trash and terrible music. Not to mention he butchered both Warren Zevon and Lynyrd Skynyrd (and I'm not even a big fan of those songs in the first place). At least brokeNCYDE, Attack Attack, and the like are laughably bad; Kid Rock is just BAD. My apologies if you enjoy his music and I offended you.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Onslaught_fei;3004190 said:

Great post or greatest post? That is the question.

I'd say Flo Rida. He's like T-Pain without the ability to make fun of himself, and he ruined You Spin Me Round, and THAT act is unforgiveable.

@AC: Warrior was cool, but I don't really like anything else by him.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    i have to go with ICP,just because of the completely idiotic culture they have around them.Thats why that video of Andrew WK owning Juggalos that was posted in Randomly crap out your opinions was the best thing ever.Kudos to whoever did it,i honestly forgot.
  • Tank9088Tank9088 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Cubecubed;3004270 said:
    i have to go with ICP,just because of the completely idiotic culture they have around them.Thats why that video of Andrew WK owning Juggalos that was posted in Randomly crap out your opinions was the best thing ever.Kudos to whoever did it,i honestly forgot.
    I second this.
  • I_Use_ShamwowsI_Use_Shamwows Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Cubecubed;3004304 said:
    And people wonder why I nearly worship Andrew W.K.

Moving on, It's ICP for me, I hate what they stand for, hate their music, and I hate their fanbase, god damn, there isn't one positive aspect about ICP.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited September 2009
    Cubecubed;3004304 said:
    That video is the number one reason why Andrew WK is the most awesome person in the world.
    edited September 2009
    Alright_Computer;3004349 said:
    That video is the number one reason why Andrew WK is the most awesome person in the world.
    he also hosts kids shows on Cartoon network for some reason. Im proud to say that he went to Michigan State,albeit briefly.
  • edited September 2009
    Me personally am a bit taken aback, cuz hey, I love pop, rap and hip hop along with rock. But I will CERTAINLY second the Flo Rida and Kid Rock bashing.

Then again I can't really blame their hordes of fans...look into the Theory: Nickelback thread in HoR about the 'types of music fans'...the same 'type' of music fan that seems to adore Nickelback seem to follow Flo Rida and Kid Rock.

I seem to have NOT heard of ICP? :P
    edited September 2009
    Supposed Current RockBand Junkie;3004363 said:
    Me personally am a bit taken aback, cuz hey, I love pop, rap and hip hop along with rock. But I will CERTAINLY second the Flo Rida and Kid Rock bashing.

Then again I can't really blame their hordes of fans...look into the Theory: Nickelback thread in HoR about the 'types of music fans'...the same 'type' of music fan that seems to adore Nickelback seem to follow Flo Rida and Kid Rock.

count yourself lucky.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited September 2009

that's a good thing, don't ever look into them. seriously you aren't missing anything
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Alright_Computer;3004227 said:
    I'm going to have to second Kid Rock. Kid Rock is an embodiment of two things I absolutely hate: white trash and terrible music. Not to mention he butchered both Warren Zevon and Lynyrd Skynyrd (and I'm not even a big fan of those songs in the first place). At least brokeNCYDE, Attack Attack, and the like are laughably bad; Kid Rock is just BAD. My apologies if you enjoy his music and I offended you.
    I agree with this.
    edited September 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNe11E_KiAk&feature=channel

watch this if you want to know about the stupidity of ICP,its as good a primer as any.

also, HELICOPTER RIDES.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited September 2009

The thing is, Flo Rida doesn't sounds as accessible to me as Nickelback does. His stuff sounds like a jarbled mess with the vocals tampered with in the worst way. It doesn't sound like even the most passive of listeners should enjoy it, but they do.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited September 2009
    I have a fond dislike of Brokencyde and other bands of their but I thank afterstasis for bringing up the only artist that I do hate, Kid Rock. No disrespect for Kid Rock fans but All Summer Long is unforgivable piece of crap.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Jonas Bros.
    Hannah Montana
    Nickelback
    BrokeNCYDE
    Attack Attack
    Soulja Boy

And Pretty much every rapper and pop artist. I could go on...but meh.
  • DethTungDethTung Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    afterstasis;3004112 said:
    since brokencyde will probably be mentioned in every other post and i suspect they'll be gone within a few years i'm gonna have to go with kid rock.
    :eek: There are far worse acts than Kid Rock. Limp Bizkit, anyone?
  • edited September 2009
    Cubecubed;3004402 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNe11E_KiAk&feature=channel

watch this if you want to know about the stupidity of ICP,its as good a primer as any.
    I can't take the announcer in the first ten seconds of that -.- He reminds me of the announcer on The Comedy Network (up here in Canada at least, dont know bout Comedy Central down South...)

Someone tell me what ICP stands for (seriously, so I can know and bash these folks some more!)