Reaper - Auto-sync timecode?

Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
To get practice with preparing a track for Rock Band/Magma, i am using Strapping Young Lad's 'Detox' and working out how to get it set up. Problem is, i can't work out how to do the auto-sync that was demonstrated in the RBN demo on gametrailers.com. Can someone help?

Comments

• SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Do you have actual split stem files for the song? Otherwise it will be incredibly difficult to attempt. I suggest doing a google search for Nine Inch Nails masters, as they have 6 songs with full masters just available online.
  • Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    SHPhr34k;3007069 said:
    Do you have actual split stem files for the song? Otherwise it will be incredibly difficult to attempt. I suggest doing a google search for Nine Inch Nails masters, as they have 6 songs with full masters just available online.
    I'll give that a look. I still need to know how to actually do it tho...
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    There is the method that Roflcopter used (http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=14737) however I'm more old fashioned in that I place time signature markers at the beginning of each measure (or section, or verse) and adjust from there.

You can add time signature markers at your cursor by hitting Shift+C. It helps if you are knowledged on song structure, or a drummer.

And like Phr34k mentioned, you can use the masters. They're much easier for using the transient tempo mapping method shown in the Bon Savants video.