Music Game Authors Live Chat Series

KineticArtistKineticArtist Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Chat Live with Spock's Beard!
As part of our ongoing committment to providing exposure and advertisment for our bands we are instituting a Chat with Da Bands live chat series via our forum and our live chat rooms. Which will be fun as well as informative.

So if you are fan of our bands, or just want to know more about the bands we are charting tracks for the Rock Band Network or have questions for us at Music Game Authors. Well here is your chance.

Our first Live Chat will be with Dave Meros, Alan Morse, and Nick D'Virgilio from Spock's Beard
When?: Saturday September 12th, 2009
What Time?: 5pm Eastern/ 4pm Central/ 3pm Mtn/ 2pm Pacific
Where?: Music Game Authors Live Chat rooms
Total Spots available: 200

How to access our chat rooms:
You will need to register on our forums and once you have validated your email and are logged in you will see a new link at the top of the forum called Chat Rooms.

Full Details Here: http://www.musicgameauthors.com/spocks-beard-chat.html

Comments

• MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Hope to see some people there!
  • KineticArtistKineticArtist Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    remember today is the day if you want to chat live with the guys from Spock's Beard 5pm eastern in the http://www.musicgameauthors.com/forums Da Bands chat room
  • HendrixxHendrixx Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, just wanted to show my appreciation for all your hard work.

One little thing has irked me for a while though.... the whole 'Da Bands' moniker you've given for the band list. It strikes me as a little juvenile and unprofessional...

I'm sure most bands don't care but it must be a little off-putting for some. Could a small change be made to change it back to THE bands?

Other than that, keep up the awesome work! Sorry for my thread downer, but take it as constructive criticism :)

All the best :)
    Hendrixx
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited September 2009
    Hendrixx;3032782 said:
    One little thing has irked me for a while though.... the whole 'Da Bands' moniker you've given for the band list. It strikes me as a little juvenile and unprofessional...
    Ha, that is the first reaction I had visiting their site. I'm sure most bands wouldn't care about it, but i bet there are bands that would shy away from them because it does seem unprofessional.
    edited September 2009
    while your input is respected how is this on topic?
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    interesting although I will not be sure if they will discuss, RBN or SBX the entire band chat thing is very interesting and good for the fans :D

Hoping to see some even more awesome bands from MGA WatchTower and Spock's Beard are awesome hoping you guys pick up some other noteworthy Prog. acts as well :)
  • HendrixxHendrixx Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    KineticArtist;3032805 said:
    while your input is respected how is this on topic?
    Yeah, realised after posting that this was the wrong place :( My bad!

I might stop by to chat to SB though. After you guys announced they were coming to RBN, I checked out their stuff. I am very impressed and will pick up some when they come to RBN!
    edited September 2009
    Hendrixx;3033158 said:
    Yeah, realised after posting that this was the wrong place :( My bad!

I might stop by to chat to SB though. After you guys announced they were coming to RBN, I checked out their stuff. I am very impressed and will pick up some when they come to RBN!
    Very cool Hendrixx, Ive also created a poll on our forum about the "Da Bands" moniker so remember to vote and I look forward to seeing you at the Live Chat

I just chatted with Alan Morse in the chat room in preparation for this afternoon, very very cool guy!

and yeah Spock's Beard is one heck of a band!
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    I just signed up waiting for confirmation e-mail as for Spock's Beard I hope for some stuff with Neal Morse as well :D
    edited September 2009
    the live chat is going on now with Spocks beard!!! and it is one fun time!!! plenty of seats left open!!1
  • el_bobboel_bobbo Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Live Chat is going on now, come on by...

As far as your comment Hendrixx, I can appreciate your honesty. Some people like it, some people love it, some people don't care for it, other people don't care.

I happen to think it makes the experience a little less "formal" while still maintaining a sense of professionalism. Everyone has "The Bands". Why not expand that a little and add sense of creativity to it.

After all, without creativity, RBN would be a baren landscape of tasteless music.