the best pads voor the the beatles rock band drums

ColburnersColburners Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Maybe i want to buy some pads for the tbrb drums. But what are the best pads? I've heard that the xcell pads are very good but maybe there are better ones? I think the tbrb drums are the same as the rb2 drums so they should work i think.

Comments

• DoctorTran37DoctorTran37 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Socks. Old socks. Seriously though I hear they have worked on quieting them.
  • Muse614Muse614 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    i tried the socks and they are ok but it reduced some of the rebound and rebound is alot to me

i think the xcell pads sound good, never used them but still i want some
  • Victory10Victory10 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Colburners;3007455 said:
    Maybe i want to buy some pads for the tbrb drums. But what are the best pads? I've heard that the xcell pads are very good but maybe there are better ones? I think the tbrb drums are the same as the rb2 drums so they should work i think.
    I am a big fan of the rock band official silencers they work really well.

They also help to prevent damage to the drums because they cover the whole pad.
  • ColburnersColburners Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    yes, i know that the official pads and the xcell pads are the best. I think the official pads are good because they stiull have the color and i think the pads are nicer than the xcell pads. But i read somewhere that because they protect the rim there is a place next to the rim that is not sensitivy. I this true?
  • jll544jll544 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Yes, the official silencers overlap the rim, so you might have reduced sensitivity if you hit near the edge of the pad. Some people solve this by removing the rims before applying the silencers.

One advantage of the official pads is availability - you can buy them from many stores. If you want the xcell pads, there is only one place to get them, and from my experience, it may take a long time. I ordered xcell pads ten days ago, but I am still waiting for them and don't know if they've even shipped yet. YMMV.