Lego Rock Band Thoughts

DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
1. Do you think it will be a commonality for people to have Lego RB songs in there RB2? I worry that the message that it is exportable won't get out and it won't be common for people to have it...

2. How do you think the songs in RB2 will be arranged? Do you think they will simply be placed in the Downloaded section, or their completely own tier? I think everyone would like it if they were in their own tier. That way, it will be easy to check whether people online have them. Also, when my sister comes home, I'll be able to show her all the new songs I got all together in the Lego section.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    but the acdc pack was just that, a track pack. This is a whole different game,
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yea, and because of that, I believe it will get and deserves its own section.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    DookieMan;3008611 said:
    1. Do you think it will be a commonality for people to have Lego RB songs in there RB2? I worry that the message that it is exportable won't get out and it won't be common for people to have it...

2. How do you think the songs in RB2 will be arranged? Do you think they will simply be placed in the Downloaded section, or their completely own tier? I think everyone would like it if they were in their own tier. That way, it will be easy to check whether people online have them. Also, when my sister comes home, I'll be able to show her all the new songs I got all together in the Lego section.

Thoughts?
    Is exportability even confirmed?
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited September 2009
    That is a good point. Makes me wonder a little more about how it may be set up.

-RB1 stuff gets its own section. RB1 songs ripped from the disc.
    -AC/DC is considered DLC, and you do have to redeem that code to get the pack from the internet.

I wonder if LEGO would rip from the disc RB1 style, or come in a big-ass pack for download online. Probably the latter, if I had to guess
  • I_Use_ShamwowsI_Use_Shamwows Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;3008726 said:
    Yes it has been confirmed.

It will have it's own section, probably an L next to it for Lego Rock Band, obviously.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2009
    I_Use_Shamwows;3008799 said:
    Yes it has been confirmed.

It will have it's own section, probably an L next to it for Lego Rock Band, obviously.
    It hasn't been confirmed by HMX... just leaked... chances are it's true. But it has NOT been confirmed.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;3008726 said:
    It was confirmed here. Of course, it depends on how reliable their "highly-placed source close to Harmonix" is.
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    trg007;3008837 said:
    It was confirmed here. Of course, it depends on how reliable their "highly-placed source close to Harmonix" is.
    So, not confirmed then. ;)
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    did anyone notice this.
    Lego Rock Band will be exportable to your hard drive, if you want to play them in your main Rock Band set list instead of having to swap the disc. (Our source says a small fee will likely be attached to this feature, as was the case when exporting the songs from the original Rock Band.)
    soo its saying that you must pay a fee, a fee? it must be like rb1, because with the track packs you didnt have to pay anything and download the whole thing, plus it says export the songs not redeem a code for download the content and add it to your hdd, thats IMO of course
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    JoshVanHalen87;3008915 said:
    did anyone notice this.
    Lego Rock Band will be exportable to your hard drive, if you want to play them in your main Rock Band set list instead of having to swap the disc. (Our source says a small fee will likely be attached to this feature, as was the case when exporting the songs from the original Rock Band.)
    soo its saying that you must pay a fee, a fee? it must be like rb1, because with the track packs you didnt have to pay anything and download the whole thing, plus it says export the songs not redeem a code for download the content and add it to your hdd, thats IMO of course
    It will probably be both; I think the extra fee is because Lego rock band isn't being developped only by HMX, but also by the company that does lego games; so it's probably to give them their due
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Man now that The Beatles is out (well practically) i hope we start getting some juicy info on LEGO Rock Band. I soooo cannot wait for this game. Just yesterday i was trying to play RB2 but could not get into it as all i wanted to play was some of those amazing songs from LEGO RB.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    This game is like, a little thing to hold us over until RB3, and I like it. Sure, I'll be playing the Beatles a ton, but I also need some non-Beatles songs. After this, the Beatles, and Queen, my Rock Band library will be huge!
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I fully plan on buying the game, exporting however it is, then either putting it on ebay or trading it back to gamestop (probably ebay) right away. I don't even care about the actual game.
  • KasilKasil Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    They'll probably do a patch and add a Lego-brick logo for a new section, a la DLC and RB1.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited September 2009
    The song exportability will be well spread about with reviews as well as word of mouth - i mean no Rock Band 2 fan will have not heard of its exportability before even its release if they play online or read game reviews.

As for the song placement - pretty obvious call to see them get their own section on the quickplay lists.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    DookieMan;3008629 said:
    Really? Because like, a lot of people probably had RB1 before, got RB2, and simply had to pay 5 dollars to export it. However, with Lego, you have to go out and buy a whole 50 dollar game.
    Keep in mind that the RB1 export code came out, obviously, AFTER RB2 was already out....in other words, RB1 had (theoretically) already exhausted its potential shelf life in stores, so it's not like HMX was losing a boatload of money on unpurchased RB1 games.

In the case of LEGO, though, you've got a game with an active shelf-life. There's no way in hell any company would be stupid enough to let cheap-bastard gamers sidestep the purchase price for a measly few bucks for a rental fee and an export license.

There's this story about free milk and a cow....
    edited September 2009
    To answer the OP's question...they'll be "LEGO Rock Band" songs in RB2. (If the export is true).

The only reason AC/DC is listed as DLC is because if they should end up getting the band's okay the music will come to the regular store as well.

That is not the case with LEGO or RB1.
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    GH:5 took care of it by:manualcode,fee,redownload,play. The songs turn up in you masterlist w/ symbol (Wii,sd) and location from which game. Seems fairly simple enough. Maybe a LEGO brick will be nearby?!?
  • Dave_ThDave_Th Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    RB1 and Lego are a little different. $5 and a friends copy gets you the RB1 songs, the Lego songs will cost 10 times that.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I think of LEGO Rock Band as a Rock Band 2.5. It has the setlist, just not the features. It's basically a good variety of music to tide us over until RB3 comes next year in my eyes.

I'm looking forward to it!
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2009
    It's possible that the upcoming RB2 patch will quietly add the support for a Lego category, but I would be surprised. It seems much more likely to me that they'd be listed among the DLC, just as AC/DC was.
    edited September 2009
    LuigiHann;3010206 said:
    It's possible that the upcoming RB2 patch will quietly add the support for a Lego category, but I would be surprised. It seems much more likely to me that they'd be listed among the DLC, just as AC/DC was.
    RB2 shouldn't need to be patched to categorize the LEGO songs. All of that information is stored in the song file. RB2 doesn't care WHAT the category is, it just reads the song file and creates the new category if it doesn't already have it.

How else do you think that it's able to add new Genres, Artists, and Decades that weren't already there? Do you think that's all stored in game already?

As far as how it will be stored....as LEGO content of coures. AC/DC is a Track Pack. It's labeled as DLC because in the event that HMX is able to bring the content to the music store, all of the data is the same between both the Track Pack and the DLC. Think about it...are any of the other Track Packs marked as such when downloaded?

The only thing that may need to be patched for RB2 is the ability to go into LEGO's directory on the HDD and actually read the song files.
  • astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I expect it to have it's own section, with a little "L" icon, or perhaps a LEGO block.

I'm also of the opinion that AC/DC should have its own partition as well, but we can't have everything, can we?:(
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the info about Lego Rock Band being exportable. I was hoping for it of course but reality and hopes rarely collide.
  • ThoseAbout2RokkThoseAbout2Rokk Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    My question is "Will RB2 songs be exportable to LEGO Rock Band?"
    I am looking fwd to LEGO RB and odds are I will make it my main RB platform but thats if I can get 2's songs on to LEGO. If figure because its a spin-off it wont happen but the option to would be nice and we will need to export RB2 songs eventualy so why not do it when LEGO RB comes out?
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Jglaubman;3008836 said:
    It hasn't been confirmed by HMX... just leaked... chances are it's true. But it has NOT been confirmed.
    Harmonix actually confirmed it at the Gamestop manager conference last week when they were the speakers for the Wednesday morning session. They did not say if a fee was involved, but they did confirm that Lego was going to be exportable into RB2.
  • aukevinaukevin Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I hope the export of Lego is just like RB1's export, where you don't have to own the game, just rent it or borrow it from a friend. With GH's import you have to be the owner of the game and supposedly the import code only works once, so you can't buy it used.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    aukevin;3011440 said:
    I hope the export of Lego is just like RB1's export, where you don't have to own the game, just rent it or borrow it from a friend. With GH's import you have to be the owner of the game and supposedly the import code only works once, so you can't buy it used.
    I hope that I can steal from people and render their hard work useless too.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    ThoseAbout2Rokk;3011325 said:
    My question is "Will RB2 songs be exportable to LEGO Rock Band?"
    I am looking fwd to LEGO RB and odds are I will make it my main RB platform but thats if I can get 2's songs on to LEGO. If figure because its a spin-off it wont happen but the option to would be nice and we will need to export RB2 songs eventualy so why not do it when LEGO RB comes out?
    I would not rule out the possibility that SOME songs MIGHT import into Lego, but I know for sure that ALOT WILL NOT export to lego because it's designed to be a kid friendly game (ie. no swearing, innapropriate content) So alot of songs are ruled out based on that; also I doubt we'll see any metal on lego

But as I understand it, nothing has been confirmed or denied as of yet
  • aukevinaukevin Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    NoThru22;3011603 said:
    I hope that I can steal from people and render their hard work useless too.
    What the heck are you talking about? It's not stealing to borrow someone's game to export the songs.