A writeup of the remasters in Washington Post

EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
"So what's different from those CDs you already have? As any surviving Beatle will tell you -- and both are known to say it -- the Beatles were "a great little band" -- a rock band. What comes through on the new stereo masters is the power and quality of the original recordings of that rock band -- the quality the Beatles themselves would have heard and intended when those recordings were created.

That means you can now hear John Lennon's raucous vocal in all its powerfully shredded glory on "Please Please Me's" "Twist and Shout" (the result of recording the group's first album in one day, with a cold, no less). The Beatles' first four albums were, until now, available on CD only in mono. "A Hard Day's Night's" title track always was a great way to start an album, but its full stereo mix, now presented with vigorous dynamics intact, provides a serious kick. And "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band's" launch once again reminds listeners they're hearing what was the cutting edge of rock-and-roll and creative recording of 1967, its rich, unusual soundscape including some sounds that couldn't be replicated even today."

Here's the full article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/07/AR2009090702146.html

Comments

• SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I really can't wait for these. I do wish the entire catalog had gotten the remastered & remixed treatment the songs on the Yellow submarine songtrack did ten years ago, but this is still welcome, and long overdue. I'm gonna hit Target like the wrath of God come Wednesday morning!
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Already ummm...got a hold of the remasters. Plan on actually buying them on the 10th or 11th.

But they sound better than I could have imagined. Especially in FLAC.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    timmay9;3010596 said:
    Already ummm...got a hold of the remasters. Plan on actually buying them on the 10th or 11th.

But they sound better than I could have imagined. Especially in FLAC.
    HEY GUYS I STOLE STUFFf
  • Shugo TakahashiShugo Takahashi Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I got a hold of some of these and I have to say...these are absolutely AMAZING. I've been listening to the same old songs for years and I swear I've heard something new in every single remastered song I've listened to so far. It's almost like they came back and re-recorded their entire catalog just for the modern age. It's truly fantastic.

If you're a Beatles fan at all, you'll shelve all your existing CDs and buy these. You WILL.