20 GB Hard Drive

QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I think I have between 10-8 GB left on my 20GB Xbox 360 hard drive. Will that be enough for Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and Rubber Soul plus other DLC I want to get eventually (The Grateful Dead, Tom Petty, and others)?

Comments

• mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Well it's hard to say exactly how much DLC will take up when you factor in dreamscapes but I imagine you'll be fine. Depends on how much you buy I guess. We'll see how big the All You Need is Love download on Wednesday, that should give you an idea. But you might want to upgrade the HD anyway, it would be good to have more space considering other stuff that's released too.
  • QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    If I get a 120GB HD refurbished at GameStop, will it have a transfer cable? And if it doesn't, can I just download everything for free after recovering my profile?
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    hmmmm well knowing Gamestop I would imagine they don't require someone to trade in the transfer cable with it, so probably not. They can be had on Ebay for pretty cheap though. I imagine you could buy a 120gb hard drive with the transfer cable on Ebay cheaper than just the hard drive at Gamestop.
    edited September 2009
    Is a transfer cable the same thing as a migration kit? All of the migration kits on eBay seem to be for backing up data on the PC.

It also seems like everything comes from Hong Kong.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    QwertyMcUiop1963;3010335 said:
    And if it doesn't, can I just download everything for free after recovering my profile?
    Yes, you should be able to re-download everything you've bought in the past.

And yes, the migration kit is the transfer cable and the migration disk. I believe you need both to transfer your content from one HD to another.
    edited September 2009
    Would I be able to do that without transferring it to the PC first?
  • Zerobox94Zerobox94 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Can't we transfer memory using Xbox 360 memory cards?
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    10 - 8 GB will be more than enough for those three albums, probably for the entire Beatles DLC that gets released. I don't know how much more space a Beatles song takes up than a regular Rock Band song, but I doubt it is that much more. Most songs being 10 - 25 MB downloads.

If that much space is a problem, then I am in trouble as well, because I think I have about that much space left.

I think you will be fine with that much space. If you are at all concerned I guess you could always upgrade it to the 120 GB. If you get it from EB/Gamestop and it doesn't come with the chord, you should be able to find a place to buy that chord online separately.