New Preview video from Rhythm Authors (Hardest Song Ever?)

toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
http://www.rhythmauthors.com/ - Scorehero's RBN Charters

watch the video or go directly to 5:30

The Myriad Burial

Song looks intense!

Comments

• FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited September 2009
    They probably took it down if it actually had charted double bass.

Something like that may want to be announced via Harmonix and not some random video from Rhythm Authors.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited September 2009
    well it's for RBN they can chart whatever they want

and it's up on my side

I just watched it a 3rd time lol

try refreshing until it has video 2.
  • SojaSoja Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    It's the fourth clip on the video. Skip ahead to 4:30.

But nah, **** that. Who cares about the D? Did you hear the tone on that guitar on the third song's solo? ****ing epic right there, and the solo so far looks like a blast without being too "**** YOU" difficult.

EDIT: Okay. The solo on the Myriad Burial song was ****ing ridiculous. And the guy playing it FC'd it. What the HELL.

The bass is the exact same thing. Have fun with that.
    edited September 2009
    They can't really chart that though, not everyone has double pedal and unless functionality is patched it isn't something the average person can rig up in two seconds.

So it's a sign of two things IF they charted double bass (I still can't see.)

"Expert +"
    Or patched double bass functionality.

Either way I'd be surprised if this was the way it was announced.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I can see it now...

Yeah, those songs (or is it one song?) by the Myriad Burial look pretty sick.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited September 2009
    It looks like RBN is going to make me even more broke than I was before.

:'(
  • SojaSoja Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I wonder if some of you people are deaf.

I don't see ALL of the double kicks charted. Indeed, you can hear twice as many kicks during the steady runs a la Painkiller. In fact, Painkiller would've been better had it been charted like that, but no. They had to make it kick-kick-kick-snare instead of kick-kick-kick-kick+snare.

I digress. Guitar solos look absolutely hysterical, but the music sounds great. Those who were afraid that RBN would bring in half-assed garage bands need not fear.

Death metal fans can rejoice as well.

inb4 facetious asshat telling me it's really "symphonic black Canadian metal." I don't give a damn.
  • xenoletumxenoletum Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Tell me, have the Scorehero charters gotten better at charting things, or are they still overcharting songs to the point of lolwut?

I mean, didn't Neversoft pretty much hire Scorehero charters to make Guitar Hero 3?
    edited September 2009
    xenoletum;3010822 said:
    Tell me, have the Scorehero charters gotten better at charting things, or are they still overcharting songs to the point of lolwut?

I mean, didn't Neversoft pretty much hire Scorehero charters to make Guitar Hero 3?
    Good luck getting past the quality testing if it's overcharted.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2009
    The solos on The Myriad Burial song look like so much fun!
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited September 2009
    xenoletum;3010822 said:

/facepalm
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2009
    I can't wait for the open beta to hit.

These look so fun I'm about to squeal like a school girl :D
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Charts look awesome and very professional....doesn't look like amateur "Frets on Fire" stuff at all. :)

Two observations about the video I was wondering about:

1) The videos show full band FC....I'm just guessing here, but that's NOT human beans performing those charts, right? Is this a feature of Magma/Reaper or whatever that the Auditions will show you an "autopilot" full-FC run, i.e., what the song would look like if played to perfection?

2) No overdrive charted yet. I'm still very curious to learn how OD will be charted....is that something arbitrary on the part of the chartmeisters, or does the program actually include some sort of layout that says "OD should be charted here?"
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2009
    I'm sure the videos are made using the auto-play feature of Audition Mode. That's why the songs are being "FCed". :)
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Double Bass is not charted anywhere in that video.

All of those songs look awesome. The Myriad Burial song may be the hardest guitar chart in RB ever, though...

Also, Xenoletum: Facepalm x 2. Scorehero's charters are better than HMX.
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Ok so the video showed up now

I see some people are full of **** , its ridiculous when non drummers (or just stupid people) try to say "Durr they charted the double bass!" when they didn't never have and never will but its such a commonly said annoying thing

I saw absolutley no instances of double bass actually being charted , but did however see and hear it deliberatley NOT charted on one song

Also I saw no "Hardest song ever" really , I mean one of the songs solo was pretty ridiculous but it was basically nothing a full bar of overdrive and trying your best couldn't handle
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    nice video, dude...
    i'll admit i was a bit skeptical of RBN's charts being anywhere near as good as what we're used to seeing for at least the rest of the year, but it looks like the growing pains may not be as bad as i thought.

and guys, double-bass wasn't charted at all from what i could tell.
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Snitsky;3011126 said:
    Also I saw no "Hardest song ever" really , I mean one of the songs solo was pretty ridiculous but it was basically nothing a full bar of overdrive and trying your best couldn't handle
    It's the whole "video looks easier than playing it" thing. Trust me, this song will chew you up and spit you out without a second thought ;) Not saying it is the hardest ever though, that's way too subjective.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Soja;3010806 said:
    It's the fourth clip on the video. Skip ahead to 4:30.

But nah, **** that. Who cares about the D? Did you hear the tone on that guitar on the third song's solo? ****ing epic right there, and the solo so far looks like a blast without being too "**** YOU" difficult.

EDIT: Okay. The solo on the Myriad Burial song was ****ing ridiculous. And the guy playing it FC'd it. What the HELL.

The bass is the exact same thing. Have fun with that.
    It's on autoplay. That was not a video of an FBFC.

Also, while they may have charted some double bass, they definitely didn't chart all of it. I heard some parts where there was definitely double bass not being played. Anyway, it doesn't look like any of the bass is faster than the stuff in some of the Mayhem songs. The only drum part that really looked ridiculous to me was the rolls during the first guitar solo.

The guitar on that song, though, is definitely ridiculous. But it looks like parts of it could be incredibly fun to play.

Also, the first song in that video, while not to difficult-looking, looked incredibly fun on drums.
  • ADBjesterADBjester Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Soja;3010806 said:
    Authoring tools have a playback mode where you can tell it to "play itself" to see what it would look like *if* it were FC'd. That wasn't a human playing it.

Jester
  • destruction3402destruction3402 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Soja;3010820 said:

inb4 facetious asshat telling me it's really "symphonic black Canadian metal." I don't give a damn.
    Haha, you don't need to worry about that! It's death metal like you said. ;)
  • StreamOfNathStreamOfNath Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    This, and the Terrorhorse song, I cannot WAIT to download and play on everything. I was a little skeptical of how things in the RBN would be charted, but damn it am I impressed.
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Do you really think that the double kick was authored? We do have a version with the full kick experience, that won't even compile in Magma cause the kicks are too fast. Here's an image showing this, compared beside the part in the normal chart.
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1383/deathquotadrums.png
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Scorehero charters create the hardest song ever? Nowai!
  • socrstoprsocrstopr Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;3011919 said:
    Scorehero charters create the hardest song ever? Nowai!
    I need to debunk this while I can (even if you meant it sarcasticly, it's been posted elsewhere and I know some people really feel this way, so nothing personal T-Hybrid). First of all, we didn't create this song. This is a real song by a real band that we authored into Rock Band files.

Secondly, the whole 'Scorehero people either make really bad or really hard charts' comments are very untrue. Scorehero has over 400,000 members. How can you lump all of those people into one category like that? You can't (Yes, I know not all of those people made customs, but you get the point). Some people make crappy charts, and some people make great charts.

Rhythm Authors is a company founded by a few people from Scorehero and a few people who aren't, and we are dedicated to making accurate, quality charts of good music for RBN. If a song is brutally hard in reality, it will be brutally hard in Rock Band. If a song is laid back it will be easier to play. The only thing that determines the difficulty of our RBN charts is the music itself.

Now that that's out of the way, glad you guys are enjoying the preview vids :)
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited September 2009
    god, all that metal was f*cking awful.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2009
    No double bass in Rock Band Network. Authors have been told to not chart double bass
    xenoletum;3010822 said:

There are plenty of peer reviewers - as well as some Harmonix employees - that are around that will notify you if a song is overcharted. None of these are overcharted
    cherokeesam;3010978 said:
    Charts look awesome and very professional....doesn't look like amateur "Frets on Fire" stuff at all. :)

Two observations about the video I was wondering about:

1) The videos show full band FC....I'm just guessing here, but that's NOT human beans performing those charts, right? Is this a feature of Magma/Reaper or whatever that the Auditions will show you an "autopilot" full-FC run, i.e., what the song would look like if played to perfection?

2) No overdrive charted yet. I'm still very curious to learn how OD will be charted....is that something arbitrary on the part of the chartmeisters, or does the program actually include some sort of layout that says "OD should be charted here?"
    Yeah it's an Audition mode feature, and I think they just had overdrive turned off on a few
    afterstasis;3011255 said:
    nice video, dude...
    i'll admit i was a bit skeptical of RBN's charts being anywhere near as good as what we're used to seeing for at least the rest of the year, but it looks like the growing pains may not be as bad as i thought.

and guys, double-bass wasn't charted at all from what i could tell.
    With the amount of peer review, there's plenty of help to make pretty much all songs have quality charts, as well as background and lighting
    SHPhr34k;3011907 said:
    Do you really think that the double kick was authored? We do have a version with the full kick experience, that won't even compile in Magma cause the kicks are too fast. Here's an image showing this, compared beside the part in the normal chart.
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1383/deathquotadrums.png
    That's sick. Like it almost makes me vomit
  • edited September 2009
    Soja;3010806 said:
    And the guy playing it FC'd it. What the HELL.

Audition mode has an autoplay toggle feature.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2009
    Oscar-Rio;3012011 said:
    god, all that metal was f*cking awful.

That's kind of strange based on your avatar.

Figured you were a metal head ;)
  • SephiminkSephimink Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Wow, those solos for The Myriad Burial look like tons a' fun. Bass looks fun, too.