Official Word on the 3 Free Gamestop/HMV Songs

chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Thanks to vcalzone for finding this.

http://hmv.tbrb-freedlc.com
http://gamestop.tbrb-freedlc.com

Your free DLC codes will not be available before October 20, 2009, when the first songs (from Abbey Road album) are posted to the respective online system (Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, Wii Shop Channel). If all or some of your songs you selected are from the Sgt. Pepper's album, those songs will be available sometime in November, 2009. Your free DLC codes are sent to the same email address that you confirmed when entering your code. Please check your email starting October 20, 2009 to retrieve your free DLC codes. If you did not receive them by October 31, 2009, please check the following:

•Your email might have been flagged as junk mail - please check your email application's spam or junk folder or filter.
•You may be logged into a different email account - please double-check that you're looking at the inbox of the email address that you used to register.
Please also note: Even once you receive the DLC codes, your song selections will only be available when posted to the respective online system (Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, Wii Shop Channel). This will not be before October 20, 2009 for songs from Abbey Road album; November 2009 for songs from Sgt. Pepper's album.
So there you have it. You get to choose 3 songs from Abbey Road or Sgt Pepper, but you don't get them early.

EDIT: Here are the choices for HMV (Gamestop is probably the same)

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Oh! Darling
Because
Her Majesty (lol)
Fixing a Hole
She's Leaving Home
Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
When I'm Sixty-Four
Lovely Rita
A Day in the Life

Comments

• Mr JonnyearsMr Jonnyears Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    You can't just choose any song from Abbey Road or Sgt Pepper. The songs for HMV are as follows (I assume they're the same for Gamestop):

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
    Oh! Darling
    Because
    Her Majesty
    Fixing a Hole
    She's Leaving Home
    When I'm Sixty-Four
    Lovely Rita
    A Day in the Life
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Right, I should've indicated that. I'll revise the original post (and include the list)
  • justintimeROAjustintimeROA Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    But is it still that you have to buy the full album to play the medley for Abbey Road? Any official word?

If not, I'll just choose all Sgt. Pepper songs.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    3 Pepper songs for me!
  • oRabbitoRabbit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Just some of the normal to-be-released DLC and not early? Glad I picked up a free hat instead....
  • roedmoroedmo Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Easy solution to Abbey Road medley concerns... Get three free songs from Sgt. Peppers.
    edited September 2009
    chrth_rb;3012535 said:
    Her Majesty (lol)
    I agree!
    edited September 2009
    Two interesting things about that list:

Within You Without You (original) isn't on it :eek:
    ... neither is Sgt Pepper (reprise). Hmmmm

EDIT: I need to find the announcement with the album DLC ... anyone remember where that was?

Ok, found it. Reprise and Within You Without You are both on it. No idea why it's not in the available tracks (because the available tracks appear to be non-medley non-disc songs).
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited September 2009
    I never pre-ordered but I'm getting all three full albums anyway, so I'll be okay.
  • Forny008Forny008 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    LOL at them trying to pawn off "Her Majesty" for a free code.
    edited September 2009
    chrth_rb;3012579 said:
    Two interesting things about that list:

Within You Without You (original) isn't on it :eek:
    ... neither is Sgt Pepper (reprise). Hmmmm

EDIT: I need to find the announcement with the album DLC ... anyone remember where that was?
    I'm hoping they just don't want those to be available for free, but will still be available for purchase.
    edited September 2009
    As long as these free songs make Sgt Pepper cheaper than it would be to purchase the whole thing!
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I don't think getting tracks from Abbey Road disqualifies you from the Medley.

I imagine you get it even if you "buy" the album piece by piece.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I probably will get Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Oh! Darling, because I probably won't be buying the whole Abbey Road album. Sgt. Pepper though, I probably will.
    edited September 2009
    wcarnation;3012607 said:
    I don't think getting tracks from Abbey Road disqualifies you from the Medley.

I imagine you get it even if you "buy" the album piece by piece.
    Let's hope so, or Wii owners are f-----
    edited September 2009
    Mr Jonnyears;3012606 said:
    As long as these free songs make Sgt Pepper cheaper than it would be to purchase the whole thing!
    Well there's 8 songs left off of Pepper (assuming they give us the original Within You Without You). So with 3 free songs, you'll have to pay for 5 songs which will come out to $10. I assume the full album will be more expensive than $10.
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Gonna go out on a limb & assume that the 3 tracks for Wii users will end up being like the Pepsi promo.....in this case, a Wii Shop code that gets you 600 Wii Points.

Use 'em on TB tracks.....or whatever you want.
    edited September 2009
    justintimeROA;3012633 said:
    Well there's 8 songs left off of Pepper (assuming they give us the original Within You Without You). So with 3 free songs, you'll have to pay for 5 songs which will come out to $10. I assume the full album will be more expensive than $10.
    Ah, thanks for working that out. I couldn't remember which songs were already in the game. $10 dollars is very good for the rest of the album. A six pack on Rock Band would be $10 so by purchasing the album individually and with these codes, I'm guessing it'll work out so that you get two songs for free.
    edited September 2009
    jwebb1970;3012662 said:
    Gonna go out on a limb & assume that the 3 tracks for Wii users will end up being like the Pepsi promo.....in this case, a Wii Shop code that gets you 600 Wii Points.

Use 'em on TB tracks.....or whatever you want.
    I'm not so sure. There have been changes in the Wii Store of late that leads me to believe that we should actually take this as face value.

Guess I'll find out in November, though.
  • ktmasonktmason Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Now, do you HAVE to pick them when you pick up the disc/bundle, or can you later on down the road????? I would like to see the price of the albums first...
  • RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Mr Jonnyears;3012557 said:
    You can't just choose any song from Abbey Road or Sgt Pepper. The songs for HMV are as follows (I assume they're the same for Gamestop):

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
    Oh! Darling
    Because
    Her Majesty
    Fixing a Hole
    She's Leaving Home
    When I'm Sixty-Four
    Lovely Rita
    A Day in the Life
    I think since you have to buy ALL of Abbey Road to get the medley as one, I'll wait and get Fixing a Hole, She's Leaving Home and A Day in the Life from Sgts.
  • TheenditaintTheenditaint Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Will we be given a card on pickup of the game including the details and stuff?
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    So, people who want the full albums get nothing from this offer?

I lol'd.
    edited September 2009
    Thom1234;3012735 said:

I lol'd.
    Its cheaper to put the 3 songs toward Sgt Peppers and then buy the rest individually.

I'm gonna try and get 2 codes and get 6 free songs - all the Sgt Pepper's songs on the list!
    edited September 2009
    Thom1234;3012735 said:

I lol'd.
    Not at all. If you get all Sgt. Pepper tracks with this offer, it's cheaper to buy the remaining tracks rather than buy the whole album. Since there's no album advantage as far as we know for Sgt Pepper, you save money on it.

Of course, if Wii users can't buy the whole album to begin with, they benefit for either album.
  • mikedamikeda Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to strongly suggest that, if you are getting full albums, you do NOT pick songs you are dying to play Day One available. I had a heck of a time with the 20 free downloads getting the code to be sent for Rock Band 2. Everyone at Harmonix was great at eventually getting me the code, but it took a while, about a week. I can't think of a worse situation than to have A Day in The Life sitting there, waiting for download, but having to hold off because I hadn't gotten the code yet.

If you're not buying the whole album, its a different story.
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Where is the redemption code? On the receipt? Or do you get something when you pickup the game?
  • UnpluggedCrazyUnpluggedCrazy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Since I've got a Wii and therefore can't get full albums, I won't be able to play the medley anyway, so I might just grab "Her Majesty" as one of the free songs so I don't end up shelling out $2 for 17 seconds.
    edited September 2009
    BeatlesPhins1;3012793 said:
    Where is the redemption code? On the receipt? Or do you get something when you pickup the game?
    You get a "Rave Card" when you pick up the game (if in store) or an email (if you ordered online for shipment)
    edited September 2009
    BeatlesPhins1;3012793 said:
    I preordered mine, so I just got an email with the code. Maybe there'll be something on the receipt about receiving the songs, I'm not sure.

Edit- The post before this one has a better answer.