When Will we Get the Classics?

JasonDLTJasonDLT Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Not including what we already know (Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and Pepper), How long do you think it will be before we get some of the classics?

I'm referring to some of the Beatles greatest hits - songs that are instantly identifiable with the band.

Songs like Hey Jude, Let It Be, Strawberry Fields, We Can Work It Out, Lady Madonna, Ballad of John and Yoko and Help! Top Five hits.

While I know that there are plans for full album DLC, if this works like RB2, there should be smaller track packs with songs as well. With RB2, there is new DLC content each week.

Anyone know if this will carry over to RBTB?

I realize its pie-in-the-sky to believe the entire catalog will be put in the game, but you've got to have their hits, right? How can you have a Beatles game without all their #1 hits at least DLC.

The the question is when do you think we'll get some of these classic songs?

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    JasonDLT;3012931 said:
    How long do you think it will be before we get some of the classics?
    ...Well, HMX's already releasing a disc with 45 of them. Then there''s "All You Need is Love" on launch day as DLC (for 360 anyway).
  • colahead420colahead420 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Not soon enough.

A lot of Beatles songs are top five hits though.

What they should do is get as many albums as they can, then shoot for singles A&B sides.
  • JasonDLTJasonDLT Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;3012941 said:
    ...Well, HMX's already releasing a disc with 45 of them. Then there''s "All You Need is Love" on launch day as DLC (for 360 anyway).

Yes, definitely but there were some obvious omissions. Not every song of the 45 were singles and not every one was a top hit.
    edited September 2009
    colahead420;3012948 said:
    A lot of Beatles songs are top five hits though.
    Somebody once told me that there was a time when 9 of the top 10 songs were from The Beatles. I need to confirm this.
    edited September 2009
    Hmmm: According to Wikipeida...
    Most songs inside the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time (14 songs on April 11, 1964).
    Most songs inside the Billboard Top 40 at the same time (7 songs on April 11 and 25, 1964).
    Most songs in the Billboard Top 10 at the same time (5 songs on April 4, 1964).
    It should be noted that those 5 in the Top 10 were the Top 5.
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited September 2009
    JasonDLT;3012931 said:
    Not including what we already know (Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and Pepper), How long do you think it will be before we get some of the classics?

I'm referring to some of the Beatles greatest hits - songs that are instantly identifiable with the band.

Songs like Hey Jude, Let It Be, Strawberry Fields, We Can Work It Out, Lady Madonna, Ballad of John and Yoko and Help! Top Five hits.

While I know that there are plans for full album DLC, if this works like RB2, there should be smaller track packs with songs as well. With RB2, there is new DLC content each week.

Anyone know if this will carry over to RBTB?

I realize its pie-in-the-sky to believe the entire catalog will be put in the game, but you've got to have their hits, right? How can you have a Beatles game without all their #1 hits at least DLC.

The the question is when do you think we'll get some of these classic songs?
    Uhh every song on disc was a hit dude.....this is The Beatles not A7X
  • Young BloodlustYoung Bloodlust Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;3013302 said:
    Hmmm: According to Wikipeida...

[QUOTE=T-Hybrid;3013302]Most songs inside the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time (14 songs on April 11, 1964).
    Most songs inside the Billboard Top 40 at the same time (7 songs on April 11 and 25, 1964).
    Most songs in the Billboard Top 10 at the same time (5 songs on April 4, 1964).
    It should be noted that those 5 in the Top 10 were the Top 5.[/QUOTE]

I just found that on Wikipedia and was about to post the same stuff you did.
  • JasonDLTJasonDLT Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    wickedbadz;3013308 said:
    Uhh every song on disc was a hit dude.....this is The Beatles not A7X
    Again...I know what we have and what's coming in DLC. I'm talking about the OBVIOUS omissions.