Clarifation on vocal harmonies please.

SedirexSedirex Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Since I'm not exactly a huge fan of the Beatles, I'm very on the fence about this game. The decider comes down to vocal harmonies. Can you sing harmony as a solo player with no one on melody? Can you play guitar while singing harmonies whenever you get the chance? I'm not saying I want to sing only harmonies, as I know there are many, many places where there are none. But if I sang harmonies every time they were available while playing alone, would the game fail me out? Thanks.

Comments

• OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I haven't played the game, but I'm very interested in the harmonies as well, and this is what I think the case is.

When you select Solo vocals, it's like a regular RB vocals chart. One line, and you're singing lead, and some of the prominent back up (perhaps like some back up lines in With a Little Help From My Friends?).
    When you select harmonies, whenever there's a "phrase", at least one bar has to be filled. Which means if there is ONLY lead singing, then you have to sing lead to keep your streak/the crowd meter up. But if there's lead AND back up vocals, singing any of the lines to fill the 'bar' will keep your streak going and such. It's your choice. But when there's only lead vocals, you have to sing those.

Of course, missing any harmonies won't fail you out.
  • HMXForrestHMXForrest Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2009
    Sedirex;3013595 said:
    Can you sing harmony as a solo player with no one on melody? Can you play guitar while singing harmonies whenever you get the chance? I'm not saying I want to sing only harmonies, as I know there are many, many places where there are none. But if I sang harmonies every time they were available while playing alone, would the game fail me out? Thanks.
    It doesn’t matter whether you’re singing lead or harmony, the game will score you based on whichever part you sang best in each phrase. So if you’re singing a harmony part in a phrase and no one is on lead, you can still get full score for that phrase. On the other hand, in a phrase that has lead notes and no harmony notes, if you don’t sing you’ll be penalized.

Also, you don’t have to always sing the same part. If you want to sing lead in one phrase and harmony in the next, you can. You can even switch around in the middle of a phrase, but remember, it only counts the part you sang best, so if you sing half of the lead notes and half of the harmony notes in a phrase, you’ll only get half credit on that phrase.