Abbey Road B-Side New Info (can be split into different Medleys)

MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
From this interview:
Cat: In the Abbey Road downloadable content will you be able to play the songs as they were on the record, with some of them as continuous pieces of music?

Chris Foster: Absolutely. It's really interesting, for side B there's this sixteen minute medley and it was actually recorded sometimes as individual songs and sometimes as two song chunks. What we do is you have the ability to play the music as they were recorded, so Polythene Pam and She Came in Through the Bathroom Window are one piece, Sun King and Mean Mr. Mustard are one piece, but we've also authored a sixteen minute song which is the entire medley which you can also choose. I've gotten to play some early versions of it and it's pretty awesome.
The info we get from this:
  • "Sun King" and "Mean Mr. Mustard" can be played together separate from other songs in the medley.

• "Polythene Pam" and "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" can be played together separate from other songs in the medley.

• It isn't stated but it can be assumed that "Golden Slumbers", "Carry That Weight", and "The End" (or some variation of that) can be played together separate from the other songs in the medley.

Comments

• AbcmsajAbcmsaj Unsigned
    edited September 2009
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
  • RubicanteRubicante Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    As long as Golden Slumber/Carry that Weight/The End can be played as one piece i'm happy :).
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Cool to know. Anything extra from the medley is just more medley awesomeness!
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Great, this is exactly what I was hoping for! :)
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    MostSpartan14;3013774 said:
    The info we get from this:
    • "Sun King" and "Mean Mr. Mustard" can be played together separate from other songs in the medley.

• "Polythene Pam" and "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" can be played together separate from other songs in the medley.

• It isn't stated but it can be assumed that "Golden Slumbers", "Carry That Weight", and "The End" (or some variation of that) can be played together separate from the other songs in the medley.
    That makes the pricing for what's left of the album a bit more palatable.
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It kind of confirms you can buy songs individually and can play as a 16 minute medley.... doesnt it? Would be nice for the people that are getting the 3 free songs from Gamestop.

Though it IS NOT a confirm.
  • justintimeROAjustintimeROA Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    hmm he says play the music as they recorded it though. So they recorded only Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight together in a take, they didn't go on and do The End.
  • ZombaZomba Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    You guys know what this means, right?
    We thought She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, Polythene Pam, Sun King, and Mean Mr. Mustard were all going to cost $2 each, but now it looks like Polythene Pam/She Came in Throught the Bathroom Window is $2 together and Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard is $2 together.
    edited September 2009
    Zomba;3014359 said:
    We thought She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, Polythene Pam, Sun King, and Mean Mr. Mustard were all going to cost $2 each, but now it looks like Polythene Pam/She Came in Throught the Bathroom Window is $2 together and Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard is $2 together.
    And also Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight should be $2 together too since they were recorded together as well.

EDIT: However, that would make the cost something disappointing.

The remaining DLC would then be:
    Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
    Oh! Darling
    Because
    You Never Give Me Your Money
    Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard
    Polythene Pam/She Came In Through the Bathroom Window
    Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight
    Her Majesty

That's 8 songs at $2 each. Making it cheaper to buy them individually than the full album. BUT, it's only a little more expensive and I believe it's worth it to play the entire 16 minute medley.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    What this REALLY means is that Polythene Pam/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window just potentially became the most fun song in the entire game.
  • LlamaactionLlamaaction Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Wait, Sun King and Mean Mr. Mustard? Why not the Mustard trilogy with Polythene Pam and She Came in Through The Bathroom Window?
    edited September 2009
    Llamaaction;3014435 said:
    Wait, Sun King and Mean Mr. Mustard? Why not the Mustard trilogy with Polythene Pam and She Came in Through The Bathroom Window?
    Because they want the songs to be as they recorded them! Mean Mr. Mustard was recorded together with Sun King in a single take. That's why they are split as such.
  • DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Wait, so does this mean you can play every song together?
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Great. That means I can just buy Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight now. :)
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone read the following:

You can't play only Polythene Pam, you have to play it with Bathroom Window

from this info, a la Sgt Pepper/Friends?
    edited September 2009
    justintimeROA;3013974 said:
    hmm he says play the music as they recorded it though. So they recorded only Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight together in a take, they didn't go on and do The End.
    Right, I don't think Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End will be an option unless you do the entire medley.
    edited September 2009
    One last thought:

If it's a separate file for the entire medley, do you think the Dreamscape may be different (outside of seamlessness between groupings)?
    edited September 2009
    chrth_rb;3014758 said:

from this info, a la Sgt Pepper/Friends?
    Yeah I imagine it will be just like Pepper/Friends. I think it will be them starting in the studio to record both songs together in one take, just as did in real life. But of course there will be a dreamscape.

As for the entire medley have it's own dreamscape when you play it all together, that would be incredible but I doubt it.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    I think this thread title is deceptive. The big medley can't be split manually...splits appear to be "predetermined" by the game.
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    HeadHunter67;3013831 said:
    That makes the pricing for what's left of the album a bit more palatable.
    I'm pretty sure that the songs are available separate too.
    edited September 2009
    MrOwn1;3015168 said:
    I'm pretty sure that the songs are available separate too.
    I don't know. I'm starting to think that the way The Beatles recorded it, will be the way it's available.
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Of course they are - but the point I was trying to make is that buying the entire album as a whole isn't a savings, at the price they have announced. At least this news gives people a bit of a reason to pay more for the album than they would for the separate tracks. No one's going to spend $2 to buy Her Majesty separately, right?
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    YES YES YES YES YES YES
    I complained a few days ago that for 4$ I can get Slumbers and Weight, but not be able to play the entire three-song suite. I was actually kind of mad at HMX... I'm so glad I was proved wrong. HMX proved once again to be as awesome as possible, offering that amazing possibility!!

THANK YOU HMX!
  • edited September 2009
    JBurton;3013842 said:
    It kind of confirms you can buy songs individually and can play as a 16 minute medley.... doesnt it? Would be nice for the people that are getting the 3 free songs from Gamestop.

Though it IS NOT a confirm.
    I think it was stated elsewhere you get the 16 minute medley only if you buy the whole album.
    edited September 2009
    Apples;3016709 said:
    I think it was stated elsewhere you get the 16 minute medley only if you buy the whole album.
    So if you own a Wii, you're hosed?
    edited September 2009
    chrth_rb;3014758 said:

You say it like playing Bathroom Window is a punishment.
    edited September 2009
    yaniv297;3016730 said:
    You say it like playing Bathroom Window is a punishment.
    :confused:
    Not at all. Just indicating that individual tracks of the medley can't be played alone.
    edited September 2009
    chrth_rb;3016732 said:
    :confused:
    Not at all. Just indicating that individual tracks of the medley can't be played alone.
    Possibly, but frankly, I don't think playing Polytehene Pam on it's own is such a great loss.
  • greenyfortehwingreenyfortehwin Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Zomba;3014359 said:
    Maybe they're 3 dollars?